BobLee’s Really BIG DEAL…

Big Deal
May28/ 2017

BobLee’s Really Big Deal  … I was going to title this one – The Art of The Deal – figuring if Brer Kennel was snooping around it would give him apoplexy.  But I decided that would be unkind.

Since we last met here, a LOT of stuff has happened. Some of it you know about if you kept up with the comments on Dean Not A Deity and over 10,000 of you did.

10,000 is a LOT for an independent “wise guy with a website”.  Us rogues don’t have Big Media shilling for us. We just scratch and claw and somehow get along… for going on 20 YEARS. One incredible column after another and one day there’s over 2,000 of’em. Go figger.

Did Carolina Marry A Stripper is still #1 but this one and Pretty DownEast Women are neck/neck for #2. Thanks to all 10,000+ of you.

The highlight of the Dean Not A Deity column was both “That Damn Dan” and “Whistleblower” being worried about my safety over “you know where”. Bless their hearts. Did ya know that “Whistleblower” has moved out-of-state – not actually in WITSEC but it’s makes a better story to say that.

At their suggestion, I “kept my head on a swivel” and did make a visit to “Dean’s Wonderful World of Make-Believe” on Thursday. Prince Albert arranged Sanctary at a Sanctuary. I wore a Downeast Wood Ducks ballcap as a disguise. I not only returned safely but did NOT have the detached retina I got on my last visit “over there”.

BTW… with my latest glasses prescription… my corrected vision is BETTER than it was before the detachment. Only “how come” I can figure is having an Ordained Minister as a son-in-law comes with “miraculous benefits”. Who knew?

The above is NOT the BIG DEAL… The Big Deal is:

Over the years, I have been approached periodically about joining other website organizations. Keeping BLSays as an independent site, but “contributing” to other sites.

In 95% of cases it was either “HELL NO” or “Are you kidding me?” As hard as it may be for you to believe – I “don’t play well with others”. Probably why I like Jack Reacher books so much.

A few I did consider but one thing or another didn’t feel right. PLUS there is always “about The $$$” but actually that wasn’t the fly in the ointment. … ANYWAY…

Ten Days ago… The Offer I Could Not Refuse was presented and I Did Not Refuse It.

Redbird Rants2

Effective last Wednesday yours truly is the newest “contributor” to Redbird Rants – a leading fansite for St. Louis Cardinals Nation. It is a division of FANSIDED which is owned by Time/SportsIllustrated.

ClydesdaleNothing in writing but the possibility of a Clydesdale pony named Internet Legend was hinted at.  Wouldn’t THAT be cool

Raise your hand if you thought I might join John Skipper’s embattled Bristol CT operation. You know Skippy went to UNCCH don’t you? I don’t see any hands raised out there.

You know UNC… that embattled Southern Ivy that is now telling the NCAA…

“whatever we said before doesn’t matter because our latest high-priced lawyers cost more than those other ones… and these guys want us to obfuscate and stutter and stammer and prattle on until everyone is sick and tired of this crap and just gives up… so here we go…”

Why Redbird Rants? Obviously, I have salient thoughts about “my Cardinals”. Being 823 miles from The Arch I offer a different perspective from the locals.

When I say GAME SIX to you people, you say “Huh?”. When I say GAME SIX to Cardinals fans they all have a personal David Freese anecdote.

Help me remember that with 11 World Championships, no one refers to The St. Louis Cardinals as “a sleeping giant”. Bwhahahaha…

MILLIONS in CardinalsNation up and down The Big River are in for a treat. CNR, who grew up a clubhouse boy for The Gashouse Gang, has already warned’em BobLee is in The House.

There IS a “board monkey” faction within such a MONSTER fan base but I don’t forsee a problem. Pro fans are passionate but, other than with “the hated Cubs”, the “hated rivals” aspect does not dominate the fan base’s every waking thought… like it can do in some collegiate environments that will remain nameless!

Second-guessing the owner – the GM – and the manager are every day issues. Two consecutive losses and it ls time to “clean house”. Owner Bill DeWitt’s unwillingness to offer more than $50,000,000 to an 18 y/o Cuban wunderkind last week created some discord.  I was, of course, the calm voice of reason in the storm.

I have five “incredibly insightful columns” up on the RR site already. The link will always be here on BLSays columns for those who care to “check’em out”. The columns will all have a Cardinals connection but they will still be about abject Human Foolishness like these are.

This Pretty Big Deal will have a very positive impact on this Ye Olde Website. The FANSIDED guys are for-real SEO experts which I have looked for for quite some time.

Implementing their SEO (Search Engine Optimization) techniques will be a big help to my ultimate objective here.Thelma Louise

STOP America (& Earth) from going “Thelma & Louise”. Or, at least, go hurtling over the cliff with a big YEEEE HAA.

##

BTW… AgentPierce got VERY jealous over the SUPER SUCCESS of Dean Not Deity and has HIT A HOMER in his latest incredible opus. When it comes to pissing off large groups of humanoids, Pierce has few peers.

Here is Redbird Rants … Check it out. The Home Page as well as My Archives.

My Incredible Columns – LINK  …….   Other Redbird Rants Stuff (LINK)

• ultraviolet Reply
    4 weeks ago

Welcome to the dark side BL. We’ve been waiting for you. I can’t believe I’ve gotten 4 columns behind. That should eliminate the last vestige of work ethic I possess. Good. I look forward to seeing your columns about the Cards. I have a treasured coworker/lifelong Cardinals fan who I’m certain would find you a hoot.

4 weeks ago

Being found a hoot is my raison d’etre.
      I have been a Dean Smith Agnostic for many years. As with his angry acolyte ORW, their basketball coaching acumen is HoF worthy for sure. But, alas, there are no nail-scarred hands justifying deification. Not now nor ever have been. I don’t hold him (DES) guilty as much as I do his mindless disciples seeking false messiahs in all the wrong places for all the wrong reasons.

• Robert Kennel Reply
    4 weeks ago

BL, assuming you have integrity, you should split that $5 from NCSU’68 with me. I’m back because of your RedBird announcement which only you knew would be announced before 1 June while ’68 was probably counting on some Baseball NCAA controversy after 1June.
    Actually read the Agent Pierce column and understood the alt right sympathies exposed in there. I just refuse to believe that BL and AP can exist in the same mind ?

4 weeks ago

Is “Alt Right” like “Neo Con” ? Whatever the hell that meant. Who in your mob of obscenity shouting lunatics makes up these names? To your everlasting credit BK you do NOT add F-bombs when you use them. I appreciate that quality in you Bob. You’re as nutty as a Payday bar but you do keep a civil tongue. KUDOS.
      My latest RRant posted about a hour ago discusses “Special charity/cause promotional uniforms”. Causing Cardinal board monkeys to actually THINK may prove a challenge… but I’m up to it.

• Robert Kennel Reply
    1 month ago

Dear BL. I’m back, because you are back in the arena where we first met. Sincere congratulations on your RedBird schtick !! Good news on your eyeballs as well. That’s a prescious gift that we too often take for granted.
    I’ve been reading if not responding because I really do like you as a down-east valued friend, We can joust between New Bern and Kinston values as well as State-Carolina and Cards-Dodgers (you did notice Dodgers took 2 of 3 last week ?). We’ll see what happens in the 4-game series in St Louis this week. Of course you have the new job, daughter, religious son-in-law, and Molina in your favor.
    Really enjoyed your revisit on the TGU article. Your many responders were really excellent on this one, maybe because they didn’t bring a full load of politics to the table.
    Finally, I can fully defend my politics at any time, but some forums are more appropriate than others. I won’t do it here anymore although the Trump experiment in democracy is confounding even my Republican friends.
    We’ll see where the Pack goes in the NCAA’s, certainly not where we had hoped at the beginning, but credible with anyone who knows baseball.
    Congratulations again on the RedBird gig. It is both fitting and therapeutic.
    Go BL!!! ?

4 weeks ago

Hot Damn! I just won $5 from NCSU’68. I said you would be back before June 1. ’68 thought you would hold out a bit longer. I believe there is some adage about “old dogs and new tricks” so we’ll see how long you can go before a KABOOM…
      Bob, I got over “Kinston vs New Bern” when I turned 19 a LONG time ago. I’ve made it clear I have no partisan affection for UNC whatsoever. That “apron string” broke for good when Marvin hit SEND if not before. If you want to jabber about those… go for ut. … yawn.
      You are welcome here BK under the same “simple rules” as everyone else. Go on a political rant if you desire. I’ll bring in Pierce as “a closer” and let you two throw rocks at each other. With this Redbird gig I’m too busy. You might actually agree with AP’s current magnum opus.
      I cannot name a single Mike Fox Moochie. I never pay attention until this time in the season. Cardinals are “good” but not “very good” so plenty of Cardinal fans ready to lynch the GM and Matheny. CNR can’t wait for BL to start kicking butts and taking names. Reactions to “my type of colunms” has been very positive so far. As you know, I am “an acquired taste” as are you BK. As are you. 🙂

4 weeks ago

BL,
        I have already made a $5 donation in you and Brer. Kennel’s honor (fortunately….NOT memory) to the Impeachment Fund. There is growing supporter and an GoFundMe to rid the US of that rabble rousing, race baiting, idiotic person that has every one of the “IST” titles save SMARTIST. Hopefully Maxine Waters’ seat will be occupied by someone that represents her constituency in a more civil and realistic manner……and I also got a tax write-off…..something Buffet taught me.
        Brer Kennel,
        Welcome back. Are you staying in Louisville (BL says you were there mentoring Elliot) for the Regional? We will need a LOT of help….perhaps some nude photos of the Umps in compromising positions with some of Rick Pitino’s waitress entourage…..or the granddaugthers of the founding members of the Sweet Carolines….
        I sat with you at the Reynold’s Coaches Caravan….but you were too involved to notice. My wife did snap a picture which I sent, as evidence, to BL… Has Kevin Keatts passed the “Jimmy V” test? I thought the hit of the evening was Wes Moore’s comments on Debbie’s “knew in the first 5 minutes Wes was our man”….but told him that a decision would not be made for at least a week or maybe two. THAT was funny.
        You might pass on to Micheal or Debbie that the sound system SUCKED and that, even with my new hearing aids, much of it was inaudible…..and my wife, who has super bat hearing, missed at least 80% of it.

4 weeks ago

You never had a chance on that bet ’68. Kennel is more predictable than N&O Editorial screed.

• TarSpartan Reply
    1 month ago

Game six either means two out and two strikes, or Ray Allen hits a buzzer-beating three, depending on where your fandom lies. There are Texas ties to both. 😉

In all seriousness, congratulations!

1 month ago

I have not told “them” my Game Six quandary. Josh Hamilton’s America Legion coach is a good friend. I was ambivalent in that game which made it so AWESOME. There were THREE “down to last strike” moments for the Cards in those last three innings. “Goosebump memories”.

1 month ago

At 7AM this fine morning over eggs, country sausage, hash browns and coffee at Grumpy’s in MHC (almost da beach) Brer Hubert and I discussed several issues of the day. Like for instance PDEW’s and what we’d do with the current 1997 models roaming AB & EI this year and finally concluding the math was not in our favor anymore. About the same odds as hitting a 95 mph fastball EVER. OK I must admit this sorry discussion was not up there with your RR’s but WTH it was interesting theory. Congratulations. I know it will be fun for you and for your readers.

1 month ago

I assume you mean the youngest of The Three Parrot Boys. I think about him occasionally and wonder how he is doing in a Cotton-less world. The “dog chasing a car” syndrome is not uncommon as one passes thru various generational gates…. sigh.
      About time to rerun PDEW. Don’t you think?

1 month ago

I see him on occasion down there and also wonder. He’s got a good circle of friends down there, young and old, that really enjoy his company and I think he enjoys it back.

1 month ago

Reid, Donald and Hubert are THE Three Fun-est Brothers since Zeppo, Groucho and Harpo. Just “really nice guys”. Growing up selling “Easter biddies” must do that to people.

1 month ago

Good news….BL
    Was up early for church and randomly clicked here. Glad you are getting the national recognition so befitting you…which is what I think that DJT once said, so be careful.
    Also glad that you FINALLY understand the sanctity of the color RED. Now, when you visit your doting fans on you weekly trip to St. Louis in your soon to be acquired corporate Jet, TGUUY1, you can wear the sacred color.
    I MUST also comment on the small white round ball that requires 18 players and a crew of visually challenged individuals dressed in black…I WILL give credit to Mike Fox and his staff….especially Scott Forbes who hales from Sanford and whom I watched grow up. He has FINE parents….great folks. UNC has dominated the ACC Baseball Tourney. They are like a volcano….you KNOW they are going to erupt during the 9 inning foray….just don’t know quite when. I might use that line on my DW…..
    The Wolfies on Friday night were positively snake bit. I think that our pitcher’s vision was worse than yours after your “incident” or he was in training to be a man that wears the “Black” rather than a uniform on the diamond. They also did such to Miami last night.
    One last beat on THAT drum. If you watched any of it, what does the ACC tournament have in common with the church that I faithfully attend…..Neither one has broken 100 attendees (if you don’t count the kids under 5) recently. The fan attendance at the Louisville Slugger field was smaller than the number of “suits” that Mark Gottfried had on the PNC Sidelines….OUCH….
    I sure hope that Johnny Swofford has some reserves or petty cash to use to make up for the shortfall of the ACC Women’s Basketball Tourney at Coastal Carolina (where they offer an advanced degree in Sweet Caroline training for their cheerleaders) and at the Baseball Tourney. Louisville is a ROUND BALL kinda place….even Rick Pitino did not show up and there was a waitress reserved for him in a sky box….

1 month ago

I never start following Fox’s Moochies until about this point of the season. Was our feisty friend from Holly Springs on hand to advise Elliot on every move?

1 month ago

can’t say. did not see him on the cameras….but due to the size of the crowd, Swoff was controlling the shots. KY is about as “liberal tolerant” as NC. Maybe he got stopped at the border and did not pass the “allegiance” test….or else he holed up in HS and is over at Doak raking the infield for the upcoming (but not likely) regional of the NCAA WS…I thought it was YOUR week to watch him or have him “surveiled”

1 month ago

My Bad! He’s a slippery old coot.