Is Charlotte …San Francisco of The East?

San Francisco
July20/ 2017

Has Charlotte become The San Francisco of The East?

AgentPierce really wanted to do this one.  But I am The Alpha Dog at SaidWhatMedia.  I get to do it.  Sorry AP.

A city / metro area does not merit “icon” status comparison simply by “wanting to be”.  It must prove it deserves it.  It needs “icon cred”.

For decades Charlotte city fathers and city mothers planted peach trees in their backyards and created confusing street names that even native sons and daughters could not figure out.

They hoped, prayed and hoped some more to wake up one fine day and see a headline in some fru fru “metro lifestyle magazine” heralding Charlotte – The New Atlanta.

Is there such a thing as a NOT-fru fru metro lifestyle magazine?

ANYTHING mentioning Charlotte and Atlanta in the same paragraph sent the civic boosters bunch into euphoric hysterics.

Charlotte and Atlanta both have lots of streets with confusing names that go nowhere. … OR

Charlotte and Atlanta both have lots of grisly crimes and ever-growing racial unrest.

and both have more than their fair shares of very corrupt politicians.

Charlotte’s power suits and pantsuits didn’t care so long as Charlotte merited comparison to that mythical Oz just a few hours down I-85. The city that Margaret Mitchell made famous writing about it being burned down by the Yankees.

FORGET ATLANTA.   Charlotte has now set it’s envy sites at a more cosmopolitan target.

NOTE: Does Charlotte billionaire Bruton Smith have a clue, or give a crap, what “cosmopolitan” means? He might ask Bill Diehl

A recent headlines in Charlotte’s version of a failing McClatchy newspaper  indicates Charlotte is now vying to be …

The San Francisco of The East… WHOA!

What sealed the deal was a YEE HAA headline earlier this week…

IF… that headline had simply been:

“… says Trump supporters should not be allowed to…”
That woulda been ho-hum for these troubling times.

IF… it had been:

Charlotte city council member says “Trump supporters should not be allowed to…”
THAT would have ratcheted up the “huumm” factor a tad.

That headline was:

A Charlotte city council member named DIMPLE says “Trump supporters should not be allowed to…”

A city council member named “Dimple” should headline the Look Out San Francisco, here comes Charlotte campaign.

Charlotte has gained repute for its ever-increasing number of not-so-upscale Gentlemen’s Clubs a.k.a “tacky strip clubs”.  Do any of them have “a Dimple”?

Dimple Ajmera

“Dimple’s” full name is Dimple Ajmera. To be fair to the ever-dwindling % of not-certifiably insane adults in Charlotte, “Dimple” was appointed to fill a vacated term of a guy named “John”.

City councilmen named “John” do NOT score San Francisco points.  “Dimple” intends to run for re-election at the first opportunity. Oh goody!

NOTE: I had lost the “Dimple” story so I went to Google. All I typed in was “Dimple said…” and BOOM it was the top story. In the very wide Google Universe this was the only “Dimple said”. That is slightly comforting.

What “Dimple” said …. LINK.

NOTE:  This link is from The Washington Times not the failing Charlotte Observer.  I refuse to pay the $1.50/year or whatever it costs to have on-line access to any McClatchy failing newspaper.

Credit Charlotte in its “we wanna be known for being as full-blown screaming NUTZ as San Francisco”.  A loony City Councilette named “Dimple” makes international headlines.

Add “Dimple” to Mayor Jennifer “She ain’t that smart” Roberts the most Jennifer Robertsfavorite mayor of the “We’re not sure what we are; but most of us probably aren’t pedophiles” crowd.

Jennifer “She ain’t that smart” Roberts’ obituary will surely contain the three letters H – B -2. OK, two letters and a number.

NOTE: When Mayor J-Rob made her own international headlines with HB2, I contacted several Charlotte acquaintances of the Lib/Dem persuasion. All three knew about Jennifer. Two of the three used the phrase “She ain’t that smart” which I had already assumed.

Charlotte has had its share of convicted Mayors. Any San Francisco Wannabee needs a few “convicted high level officials”. Mayors are preferable.

I can’t confirm this, but keep hearing from Charlotte insiders that…

As LEOs were perp walking Patrick Cannon out of the Federal Courthouse headed to an extended stay at the Graybar Hilton, Cannon turned to an adoring media and (‘they say”) said…

“Hey, I’m a black mayor of a major American city. Of course, I’m a crook.  Surely you people knew that when you elected me… geezz”.

I’m going out on a limb… “Dimple” enthusiastically supports both Jennifer and Patrick.

I wonder if George Shinn ever invited “Dimple” out to his Tega Cay manse. I hear it had “a grotto.

Have you met my pal AgentPierce… He’s a Hoot!

LINK

• ChristopherATL Reply
    2 weeks ago

Charlotte doesn’t even know what Charlotte is. But kudos for such big dreams. Lol!

• MaHa Reply

I thought several years ago Asheville claimed it wanted to be the San. Fran. Of the east. MAHA.

SF is considered Nirvana by every liberal cesspool. Boulder CO would be a better goal for Asheville.
      Every LibArts academic hellhole wants to be “Berkley of The _____”.

• Former96heel Reply

We “escaped” Charlotte for Ft Mill not too long ago. Taxes are about 1/2 on the house, and the schools are wonderful. I forget who (maybe Jeff Taylor), used to call it Detroit on the Catawba. That’s spot on. Very, very self-conscious trying to be world-class, whatever that means. To some I guess it means needle-exchange programs, a really expensive sinkhole of a light rail line, and unisex bathrooms. Oh, and some pro sports teams they sometimes care for, but only when they are in the playoffs. Charlotte went over the demographic cliff. There will never be another R mayor, not that the last one was a true R. City Council will forever look like an NBA roster, with the European player replaced by the lone soldier from the suburbs. Banksters and developers can and will do what they please, and one day, Patrick Cannon will end up in Congress in that old Mel Watt seat.
    Don’t fear the Disturbers’ headlines. There is some bathroom graffiti at a Stuckeys somewhere that caught more eyeballs than their lead story.
    Yes, Tega Cay was the proud home of Jim and Tammy, complete with A/C in the dog house.
    The word is George Shinn is still to embarrassed to come home. Shame may have something to do with it, but the fact that this Charlotte doesn’t resemble the Charlotte of 1988 may also have something to do with that. Wait until Jerry Richardson sells the team. The Smith’s may want it, but can they put up the close to $2 BILLION it will take to own it? There will be some serious shaking in town when they realize the team could very easily abandon ship for greener pastures.
    Such is life in the wanna-be big city.

96… some BOFFO lines in there. Kudos! 😎

• goose Reply

Charloot has it’s fair share of characters:
    Mayor JIm Roberts’s and his Adam Apple, who follows the lead of convicted child molesters, to write city policy.
    Dr. Vilma Leake- famously known for her flower hats, and thinking she’s the savior of all blacks.
    Mr Al Austin, Council man who is now drawing a state paycheck, who uttered the excuse for the riots as “PTSS” Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome.
    Vi Lyles- crooked city council member who sold her soul on the Toll Road vote, which effectively keeps blacks off the toll roads due to the high tools.
    New skool super from MD, who hired a bunch of cronies, jacked up their salaries, and then hired their family members for imaginary positions like head Gardner….
    Our fair city is doomed…

Sounds like “Dimple” fits right in. Trying to clean it up is a hopeless waste of time… just NUKE IT!
      Can I safely assume that The Charlotte Observer has carefully NOT EXPOSED all those quite evil-doers, but rather provided cover for them?

• goose Reply

Yes the Disturber has provided cover, but these days few rely on such a sad propaganda rag.
        I almost forgot to mention the flock of civic and “religious” “leaders”, who blame a murder during the riots that was caught on camera/suspect admitted, but these fools still blame the cops for shooting him in cold blood. The circus never ends.

“few rely on such a sad rag”… Don’t be so sure. Give me 30 minutes in Dilworth or MP and I can find dozens of Limo Libs who believe every word they read in it.

Dimples ain’t near as purty as Leslie Price…even old George Shinn….like WJC, has certain “standards”. Don’t think Dimples will need a Uber to George’s place…or home again.

Briton don’t care about the idiots in CHT or the county. He has them under control…..and gets his way….more easily than WJC did with Monica.

Charlotte was one of Morganna’s major gigs….she had what Carol Doda wanted….so CHT was ahead of SFO.

I do think that someone as worldly as you are does not need my Navajo code talker to understand these things.

At a BnB on the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton, NS. Couple at breakfast from Fayetteville. One is a fellow NCSU grad. He fully understands TGU. I did not violate the Prime Directive and expound anymore to the locals.

Is the Keltic Lodge still in operation?

Yes. Stopped by there on way up to Dingwell. Hiked Middle Head trail behind it. Did Skyline Trail at sunset last night. Moose out after dark.

Look out for those tidal bores.

• Da old Judge in Charlotte Reply

Those of us who are Republican and conservative in Charlotte are feeling awfully outnumbered these days. Kinda like Custer at Little Big Horn when he said, “Where’d all these injuns come from?” Fortunately, there are places to which we can escape like Matthews, Mint Hill and Ft. Mill, SC. We have a credible GOP candidate running for Mayor against Jennifer “Rainbow” Roberts, but he will have an uphill fight against the hordes of liberals, silk stocking RINOs and straight ticket yellow dog Dimmycrats who now predominate in the Charlotte electorate.

Ahhh… you call it Matthews, Pineville, Mint Hill etc. Atlanta called it Roswell, Marietta, Dekalb county. Sociologists call it White Flight… “fleeing to the ‘burbs”… and leaving the city “proper” to the loony toons and ne’er do wells. Oddly, Atlanta has Buckhead and Charlotte has Myers Park / Dilworth for the Limo Libs to hide in.
      If it was my family and my kids… I would get the hell out fast too…

• Blanco Grande Reply

I’m a native son and don’t really like large cities, but I love San Francisco. I wish Charlotte could be like SFO. 65 degrees in July. Short drive to the Dry Creek Valley or Anderson Valley. Tons of scenery, great food and wine & beer. Awesome, unscripted experience photographing old hipsters surfing underneath the Golden Gate. I’ve found that the left libs, although greater in number in SFO, are easier to coexist with than the left libs in NC. Now if only Colin could do something with his hair…. 🙂

The comparison of the two cities quickly breaks down beyond the level of lunacy of its more politically impassioned citizenry. Charlotte has “a ways to go” but is trying its best. A few dozen more “Dimples” will help.

• Charlotte Wuffie Reply

The politicos in Charlotte are as clueless as most everywhere, though it does seem someone gave us an extra dose. I read the Dimple story a couple of days ago and have never heard of her before. It will be interesting to see how the next elections play out. I’m not expecting sanity to prevail, so fodder should be plentiful.

OK, when you read “the Dimple story” did Ol’ BobLee come to mind? So long as the last sane adult is plotting his eminent move to Matthews or Pineville, the descent of “Charlotte” into the deepest level of nitwiittesy is assured. …. exactly what happened to Atlanta of course.

• BobH Reply

I leave this with you, since you mentioned the place, BL.

That placed named Tega Cay is universally (mis)pronounced in the Charlotte area as ‘teegah kay’ when the correct pronunciation would be ‘taygah key’ demonstrating once again that the Queen City has no erudition. Soooooo . . . maybe becoming the SFotE is more appropriate because Atlanta does have a little.

If I’m not mistaken didn’t the infamous “Jim & Tammy Faye” live at That Ervin Company development as well as Georgie Porgie Shinn?

I wonder if The Great State of Mecklenburg planning to secede from NC? Or is it the other way around? I forget.

It took TGSoM like 100 years to get a Governor… and that fizzled very quickly. I say we trade SC Charlotte for Myrtle Beach straight up. MB has better strip clubs… they say.

• Frank.Linstreet Reply

I’m calling NOT FAIR! Handing you a loony named “Dimple” is like throwing Aaron Judge an 80 mph not-fast ball belt-high with the wind blowing out.

Whatchumean Willis? I don’t make this crap up. I just tap my keyboard and THERE’s DIMPLE! All of Life is Column Fodder and Life Is Good!… 🙂