Internet Legend Squashes Name-Change Rumor!

GrayGhostX
August23/ 2017

“Internet Legend” Squashes Name-Change Rumor

BLS banner

NO – NO –NO… I am NOT going to change BobLeeSays.com to RobertELeeSays.com … Whatever rumors to the contrary come from ESPN CEO John Skipper (UNC’75). I AM NOT GONNA DO IT!

I AM, however, considering the possibility of John”GrayGhost”MosbyLeeSays.com (see picture above). A cost estimate for logo changes will be the chief determinant.

JebStuartLeeSays.com is OK too; but I’ve always seen myself as the dashing “Gray Ghost” of The Confederacy, plume in my hat, et al. But Jeb Stuart was pretty dashing too.

Someone has suggested MeriwetherLewisSays.com.  No clue where THAT came from.

For The Record:  I stopped caring about Silent Sam decades ago.  As long as it’s mere existence “really pisses off” the Chapel Hill Gang I figured it was serving a worthwhile purpose.  All it “represents” to me is “more concrete in the Chapel Hill colon”.

Ya jest sort knew it was gonna be “one of those nights”.

It started innocently enough at 6:32 PM.  My pal “Butch’s Lawyer” and I were exchanging “how stoopid would it be if…” zingers about pretty much everything going on on Earth these days. His ideological perspective is askew from mine so between us we cover the landscape.

I mean REALLY??? There is soooo much Column Fodder falling like manna from Heaven right now I am in danger of “foundering” like a thoroughbred race horse eating too much grain…. Burp!

“Butch’s Lawyer” (i.e. BL… no relation to this BL, just a coincidence, if indeed there are such things as coincidences any more) was suggesting possible replacements for Silent Sam. He was working on a Joe Paterno Statue concept when the Muse of SmartAssity tapped me on the shoulder… and whispered “Mary Willingham” …. and before you could say “Dust Bunny From Dartmouth” I fricken’ OWNED TWITTER.

NOTE: “Dust Bunny From Dartmouth” is my latest back-up unflattering nickname for UNCCH’s Chancellor Chihuahua. If you didn’t figure that out, not much of any of this is going to penetrate your razor-sharp sense of humor.

So I tweeted:

BREAKING NEWS: Chancellor Chihuahua Announces Sam Is A Goner… to be replaced with a statue of Mary Willingham Blowing A Whistle…

In an extended FACEBOOK version I added… Whereas Sam’s tradition involved shooting his rifle “if a virgin ever walked by”… Mary will blow her whistle if a RoyBoy ever walks by that can R-E-A-D.

Kate Upton burger

Who knew there were that many ABCers on Twitter. Within 30 minutes I had more “LIKES” than that X-rated Hardees commercial with Kate Upton eating the juicy burger.

Of course, there was one TruBlue Twitterite of marginal mental acuity who declared “They better NOT do that. I will personally tear that one down…”. YEEEE HA!

I put out a Twitter BOLO:   if anyone sees “my buddy Chansky” say “Hi” from BobLee.  No “confirmed” Art sightings were reported.

After lighting those short fuses across social media (including sending a copy to “Mary” who replied with a “rolling eyes” emoji)… I alternated between watching “my Cardinals” get steamrolled 12-4 by some AAA team called “The Padres”…. and watching the “LIVE From Franklin Street” reports on regional print/TV media.

Jim Goodmon’s WRAL nimrods were the first media to flaunt their partisan incompetence…

HEADLINE at 7:30 PM…. “THOUSANDS Gather at UNC to protest Silent Sam!” …. The 2nd paragraph, however, noted “several hundred protestors” gathered at Silent Sam. Between a luridly provocative and quite incorrect HEADLINE and the article itself…. “hundreds” of protestors got misplaced somehow.

Two hours later, “THOUSANDS” was quietly changed to “Hundreds”. No, I didn’t call my buddy Jim Goodmon but someone obviously did.

The N&O’s Andrew Carter was on-site and more honest (I can’t believe I said that…). Andrew admitted he was bad at crowd estimating, tending to over-estimate, so he figured “several hundred”.

I, of course, could not resist reminding Andrew of the notorious Jim Goodmon toadie Peter Anlyan and his “… at least 80,000, maybe more” for “Bully” Barber infamous Hoot & Hate several years ago. That 80,000 was later quietly reduced to “maybe 5,000” AFTER the national media was running with the 80,000…. Apparently Peter was not on duty last night on Franklin Street.

Observers on-site noted a high % of “the crowd” were curious UNC students attracted by Chancellor Chihuahua fervent request that they NOT attend. Even Chihuahua oughta be smart enough (??) to know telling college students NOT to do something is guaranteed to have the opposite effect. Had Chihuahua made attendance mandatory the crowd would have been half its modest size. The “Dartmouth Dust Bunny” strikes again.

I did LOVE this one pic from the Sam Must Go Show. My Twitter comment on that was…

INSANE

That nutjob in yellow has that well-known “I AM INSANE!” look so common around Chapel Hill. I think they practice it in front of a mirror before each protest.

That one garnered a lot of “Likes” too.  As Blondie noted… “letting you on Twitter is like giving a three year-old a magic marker… no good will come of it”. …. MOI ???

Enough about the “whatever it was” last night. Ol’ Sam survived but for how long is the question. NC Governor Roy Cooper (who still looks like an Asst Manager at the Dollar Store in Benson) issued a fumbling bumbling statement sorta kinda supporting tearing Sam down but noting doing so would definitely be against the law… but he plans to change that nasty old law so rabid mobs CAN destroy public property.

Memo To “The Coop”: You sir are a pinhead and a twit.

“Coop’s” little pal Josh “Golden Child” Stein – NC Attorney General – voiced his full support of “all rabid mob protestors, including the urine throwers, regardless of their illegal tactics who might vote for me when I replace Mr Cooper”.

Josh “The Golden Child” is a real piece of work too… yes siree!

AND… while CHAOS REIGNED in Chapel Hill… NC State quietly announced it had kicked two “bad boys” off its FB team and suspended 3 others.  It was the usual sexual assaults stuff at “a party with alcohol and drugs etc etc…”  I congratulated Kennel on Coach DD and Frau for “Tough Love” in dropping the hammer.  BK was apparently IN SHOCK that such young miscreants had ever been recruited.  DD only recruits Eagle Scouts… or so BK claims.

Now lets get to ESPN’s BIG STORY….

While regional media was counting Silent Sam protestors and “my Cardinals” were being trounced… those little merry munchkins at The Worldwide Leader up in Bristol were busy little elves.   Surely you have already “heard this one”.

ESPN announced they were transferring one of their assigned announcers for an early FB game in “CHARLOTTESVILLE” to another location.

NOTE: Has CHARLOTTESVILLE now joined Sandy Hook, Waco, Oklahoma City, Columbine, Chappaquiddick and Dallas as “places forever associated with something bad that happened there”? Who decides stuff like that?

Sooo… that young announcer being moved away from the UVA FB game in “Charlottesville” was a young Asian fellow named “ROBERT LEE”. No “E” just “Robert Lee”.  ESPN feared “bringing a Robert Lee” to “Hoo-ville” could have regrettable consequences.

Immediately an Eskimo named Jefferson Davis driving west on I-64  from Richmond, cancelled his reservation at The Boar’s Head Inn and spent the night in Danville instead.

Who knows if ESPN Buffoonish CEO John Skipper (UNC’75) had his thumb in this one or not but I’m sticking it to “Skippy” because “Skippy” is indeed “a BUFFOON”.

Within minutes of Clay Travis announcing this 5-Star GUFFAW on Tucker Carlson’s FoxNews show I was being besieged…

Was “BobLee” being pressured to change the name of this website? …

“Pressured” by whom?

Bre’r Kennel was too busy composing another of his clever LTTE manifestos for the N&O; plus even BK “knows better”.

No, BobLeeSays.com is, so far, under-the-radar as a possible ignitor of “regrettable consequences”. But, to be clear, I was not planning any visits to Monticello in the near future although Blondie does love to visit there.

Betcha didn’t know that Donald Trump (YIKES!) has a winery just outside “Hooville”. The coincidences never cease.

Everyone on the planet with a twitter account is guessing WHERE/WHEN WILL THIS ABSURDITY END and proposing bazillions of hypothetical next ridiculous moves… by the rabid mongrel mob and their Trump-hatin’ media enablers.

I don’t have that answer… but I’ll sure be doing my darnedest to share my thoughts as they do occur.

Right here at BOBLEESAYS.com …. By golly!

OMG!  AgentPierce RE:  Global TransPark GOES VIRAL…

in 3 Hours! – CLICK

1 month ago

I was able to catch the Dan Patrick Sown this AM. ESPN Sports Center host Sage Steele was asked about Robert Lee and the UVA football controversy. According to Sage’s understanding, ESPN did not pull RL from the broadcast team. RL was uncomfortable and asked to be reassigned.

1 month ago

There are dozens of “how it went downs” being floated. The most reliable – if any are – is that ESPN approached him about moving to the other game just as a precaution… and he agreed. It was closer to his home and what difference did it make. For sure he did not “lose his job” or any $$$.
      The decisioning was fine… the move was fine… LETTING IT OUT WAS THE ISSUE. Wo would have ever known or cared. Who ever leaked it was “Deep Throat” … or was it intentional?
      Sage Steele just got a promotion within ESPN. She will say / do anything she is told to say or do.

• myowngrandpaw Reply
    1 month ago

Does anyone remember when “streaking” was the jaw dropper, abhorrent behavior of college students?

I am keen to believe raising the drinking age from 18 to 21 has had an impact on the way college students get their YA YAs out.

All that is left to do is protest something.

1 month ago

These brain-dead loonies get all the media attention “because”… I still believe the vast majority of college kids are more concerned with “get drunk… get laid… get high… get a ticket to the game… get a diploma… get a job”. The biggest concerns most have is the personal hygiene of their roommates.

• Dr Wire Reply
    1 month ago

When I heard of the ESPN announcement, I like many others thought it was “fake news”. Bristol must of heard us thinking this so it sends out a confirmation so they would not be accused of “fake news”. Then the Skipper had to add his “innocent action” announcement for damage control which was too late and just kept talking heads talking about ESPN political interest and all things dumb. By this time, I’m thinking Disney probably not liking this attention to their cable cutting woes and how much free ad time they were providing BLS. Suddenly the WWBLD (What will Bob Lee Do) question got stuck in my brain. Now I know, make stupidity into a column, once again. You must be living right and tithing to receive such gifts.
    The next coming of The Carpetbaggers is upon us. The first one was well documented history even took up time in Gone With The Wind. Since Nikki moved the Conderate flag they had kept themselves busy with Hoot & Hates, Morale Monday’s, dropping turn of the century Democrats names from buildings and such. Now they got the one they hope will keep them busy for a while and more importantly keep the non-profit donations coming. The video from Durham shows you The Carpetbaggers are again led by opportunistic, educated, guilt ridden, self-righteous, politically correct white folks who found some spicy pepper to validate their broth. Can we shorten that to WH-acks (whites who want to be black) to enjoy the victim status in the media.

1 month ago

“Every ill wind blows some boats’ sails”… I have a stack of general topics I want to comment on; but these BREAKING NEWS Train Wrecks keeps interrupting me. I see no end in sight to the silliness.
      As much as I disrespect “the media” (I refuse to use the term “Mainstream”. There’s nothing “mainstream” about them) and as much contempt as I feel for them; I am grateful for their endless contributions to this website.

• UNCBlue Reply
    1 month ago

Steamed about news from three University towns, Charlottesville, Durham and Chapel Hill, all three purportedly prestigious liberal arts colleges with history depts. When I attended UNC, I took American history pre-civil war which taught all contributing factors of War Between States including slavery. Where are these professors today?Have they stopped teaching? Does tenure only apply to ultra liberal profs?

1 month ago

Apparently. The ethical corruptness of “The Academy” is no longer a question. The evil academicians simply smile and say “we won… we own “higher Education” and they are correct.
      In the early days on “the Internet” the most debated subject was “the causes of The Civil War”. The “states rights” versus “slavery” sides would rant, rage and ALLCAPS one another well past midnight. One of the first Rules of Internet Debate was established back then – “He who can stay up the latest and get in the last word” declares himself The Winner. Both sides were “playing solitaire with decks of 51” but would not admit it.

• UNCBlue Reply
        1 month ago

Every American should review the history of Morill Act. Devastating to South. The North had their boot on southern neck and this Act was choking all air from the South.

• Former96heel Reply
      1 month ago

I took NC History post-1865 there about 25 years ago. Even the lib prof could not avoid teaching how the gentried Democrats enacted Jim Crow in NC to gain the state back and punish the Radical Republicans, led first and foremost by the KKK mouthpiece in Raleigh called the N&O. By pitchfork, noose, law, or poll tax, the Democrats kept the AfAm community down for 90 years until they switched to keep them in their place via government dependency in the great switch of LBJ. Our prof was proud to teach the far left Labor violence of the 1930’s, but even he admitted, much of it was aimed at mill owners who were themselves almost exclusively Democrats.
      NC elections were over mostly at the Democrat primary. Charles Jonas, and then Jim Broyhill were the only statewide elected R’s for maybe 3 generations. Neither were segregationists, or white sympathizers. Democrats manipulated poor whites to exacerbate racism, and keep them voting D out of a straw man fear. If you think today’s’ media is nasty, spend time and look back at the old cartoons and editorials. I doubt they are hanging on the walls of the empty hallways at the N&O today.
      History may not repeat, but it does rhyme. Except today that straw man is Russia, no, North Korea, no, neo-Nazis. Oh well, there will be many more boogeymen men built up by the media in the next 3 years. None of them pose much of a threat to you, or me, or the snowflakes at UNC. The longer everyone falls for the charade, the less likely the actual problem -this beast of a system that has been created- will be fixed. The threat that faces all of us is runaway government, not fringe opinions.

1 month ago

That repetitive cycle was finally broken by one man – Jesse Helms and the Jesse-crats across the state – registered Democs who kept their D registration but voted solidly for Helms. Ironically, Jim Goodmon’s uncle A.J. Fletcher gave Jesse his bully pulpit as you know.
        It is a pipe dream to think we can ever convince todays Democ rabid mongrel mobs that the Democs have always been their worst enemy… and will continue to be. The Slavery of The New Millennium is The Slavery of Entitlements. Most of the fuzzy-cheeked punks in today’s “media” aren’t bright enough to understand it… much less the rabid mob rank&file.

1 month ago

Was doing my nightly shoulder PT exercises and had Tucker Carlson on. He had several segments. During the ESPN Robert Lee segment, I THINK that he made a reference to your Tweeting storm last night. You MAY want to record the show at 11:00 and see if you are becoming a “Cable” legend. Something about a Bob Lee and the Twitter blowup. Were that YOU?
    Second was the Newt Gingrich segment. Newt gave an interesting perspective from History and also from a common sense standpoint. Really worth a watch if they put up the video. He DID close with an acronym for EPSN. EXCEPTIONALLY STUPID POLITICAL NETWORK. Sort of sums it up…
    FINAL….One of my wife’s favorite songs (which is NOT on Amazon or Apple or Google) is from an Elvis concert. It is called “American Trilogy. Here is the YouTube link. I DON’T think that the censors have figured out that it has DIXIE in it… I have it in an MP4 format which YouTube allowed me to “rip”….along with about 250 other “50, 60 & 70’s” favorites….all on my iPod. My wife really plays the Elvis cut a lot.
    NOW, you probably know this….being all knowing and a “Legend”. The Stone Mountain Memorial, during the summer…maybe more, has a laser show that is one of the best in the country. The boys from GA TECH worked on it and it has been refined. I remember taking my children (Circa 1986) there and we camped and went over for the show. We have done that MANY times with the Grandkids….within the past 3 or so years. They are NOW using the Elvis 4 minute sequence in it. It is really a moving experience. Wonder if NEXT year it will be edited out. The laser show is actually a CONDEMNATION of the Civil War….where Robert E. Lee (remember him?) sheds a tear and breaks his sword. So much for that.
    IF you listen to ELvis’ opening lines….there is NO Confederate FLAG reference….just a bit of nostalgia for our Southern heritage. Wonder if the PC folks would get mad if I asked that all BOWLING ALLEYS be torn down….as the pins had to come from a special tree that only grew in protected rain forests and AMF had to clear cut it to keep up with the demand for pins in Yankee Land….

• fayettewuf Reply
    1 month ago

I don’t think this latest movement to take down statues that have not hurt a soul in a hundred years is a sign of increased lunacy. But if you give lunatics a stage, they have always danced on it and always will. The idea that this silliness is a blow against racism is patently ridiculous. It is as divisive as the BLM movement. I just hope some group of Cherokees decide they cannot stomach the statue of Andrew Jackson on the capitol grounds.

Who is going to stop the Insanity ?? I’m doing all I can … 😎

• OldWuf vet Reply
    1 month ago

Caught part of the Silent Sam soire on the FB last night. Tried to memorize faces to make sure I never hired any of those idiots as stall cleaners. Figure they may be looking for employment when the paid protestor gig eventually dries up.
    Headed to St Louis with successful grown son on our annual baseball trip this weekend. My 3rd visit, his first. Figure this is the Matheny farewell trip. I’ll mention your name, maybe I’ll get upgraded seats?

1 month ago

That recent “winning streak” has faded REALLY FAST. Ain’t gonna be NO OCTOBER in BUSCH-Land this year.

• Robedixon Reply
    1 month ago

I am still stuck back there on Kate and the burger. Sure do miss those old Hardees commercials. Maybe it is just lunchtime now?

1 month ago

I have no shame when it comes to CLICKS!

1 month ago

Oops… I neglected to include “what was going on over at NC State while CHAOS reigned on Franklin Street”. A little news tidbit about NC State Football’s “Bad Boys”. I have added that just above the ESPN stuff. CHECK IT IOUT.

• myowngrandpaw Reply
      1 month ago

Thank goodness for Silent Sam.

1 month ago

It it wasn’t Sam it would be something else. Nature abhors a vacumn of something to be pissed about.

• Former96heel Reply
    1 month ago

So the news vans all showed up for basically an intro Drama class with 400 people outside. Not one of the no-show classes, but one of those tough intro to drama classes where showing up in the huge auditorium is 90% of your grade. Extra credit for anyone who goes out to the quad tonight to protest!
    Franklin Street is the only place where the TV crews can predict a train wreck to televise. I’m pretty sure the city gives them permanent tags to park on the sidewalk and raise the antenna.
    Can you imagine the conversation in the BOG and admin this week on how to tact correctly? There are not enough names to replace all the Confed history tainted names on campus there, starting with Morehead (the first), and ending with Daniels. While we are at it, that Carr fella wasn’t so nice a Democrat either, we need to rename Carrboro.

1 month ago

The elites over in West Derm are getting nervous that folks gonna start poking around in that Duke Woodpile soon. All sorts of creepy crawlies in that woodpile. But, of course, Libs are notorious for their “selective indignations”.

• DM Carpenter Reply

BraxtonLee?
    1) From NC
    2) “Went to school” in NY, not Chapel Hill.
    3) Regularly scored “own goals”, 1861-1865, so he does not exactly reach the Pantheon of Grey

1 month ago

Did he wear a plume in his hat and was he “dashing”?

• DM Carpenter Reply
        1 month ago

Not exactly, but he was bearded, “grumpy” (AP should approve of that), and he was somewhat “politically connected”.

• ncsu1987 Reply
    1 month ago

Are we witnessing the high water mark of internet legend fodder? I just have this picture in my mind of you sitting at your monitor, eyes wide in wonder, occasionally throwing your head back, picking your feet up, eyes agog, shrieking with hysterical laughter, arms and legs waving madly. When so much manna falls, how do you pick and choose?
    Re dust bunny (like the new name better, BTW): reminds me of my senior class trip to Paris…”now y’all should stay away from Pigalle, there’s all kinds of bad stuff going on there, so make sure you don’t go there…” Really?
    Re Mr Lee: Although I’m considerably left of you politically, this is the kind of sh…stuff that makes me googly-eyed and reaves me of the power of speech. I’ve run out of adjectives…
    And finally, a full-blooded coffee snort at the very notion that little Skippy has any influence on our favorite internet legend…must be new readers who’ve never heard your opinions of Skippy or ESPN…
    As always, great read!

1 month ago

I coulda gone on for another 1,000 words. One of my new “try to’s” is shorter columns… 500-650 words … but “circumstances” just won’t allow.
      I get accused all the time of creating these “Lunatic Train Wrecks” just for column fodder. OK, I did create Duke Lacrosse and John & Rielle but not this one. … I caused “Queen Mary” Easley & Howdy Doody too.

• Ron S. Reply
    1 month ago

Professional guesstimator Steve Kirchner was at the Silent Sam protest and said there were exactly 60,500 in attendance.

1 month ago

Kirshy would have to consult Clint Gwaltney to be that precise in his guesstimating.

• Ron S. Reply
      1 month ago

….and they’re not “Eskimos”. They’re Arctic-Americans. Shame on you.

I like that … “Arctic Americans” . 🙂

• Charlotte Wuffie Reply
    1 month ago

OK BL, I too agree that Blondie outkicked her coverage and outzinged even you with the “giving a three year-old a magic marker… no good will come of it.” line. I am still chuckling. Yes the ESPN move is stupefying, but consider the source.
    The manufactured PC these days is amazing. Sadly I don’t see it abating any time soon.
    One of the funnier things I read lately:
    If we could just get rid of those warnings on hair dryers, we’d have a lot fewer liberals.

1 month ago

Don’t encourage her. She will expect $$$. Libs are indeed a curious sub-species.

• Porgie Reply
    1 month ago

Blondie gets 5 Gold Stars for her “magic marker” comment.

1 month ago

She IS a clever Blondie … no question. 🙂 . … 34 years with me will do that.

1 month ago

Instant Classic!!! This alone makes it so.“letting you on Twitter is like giving a three year-old a magic marker… no good will come of it.”

1 month ago

Hehehehehe. Check your Email for an even better YEEE HAA!

• Ken Reply
    1 month ago

I bet you would wear your Lee Jeans to salute Silent Sam and celebrate while eating a southern pimento cheese sandwich on white bread with SOUTHERN PECAN PIE and sweet tea. Most of your readers will be right with you.

1 month ago

We tend to be Levis kinda folks. I lost interest in Sam years ago… it’s just a statue! But I do love CHAOS Fed by Loons & Their Media Enablers.

• DrJay Reply
    1 month ago

“Absurdity” is too nice a word for all that is going on right now. The country has lost it’s collective mind!

1 month ago

That my friend did not magically occur last night…

• George Moore Reply

What about trumpsurdity?

1 month ago

Trying to leave that to AgentPierce….

• Dr. Vinnyboombatz Reply
          1 month ago

Is there anything (building, statue or other structure) that is over 75 years old in this state that is NOT named either after a Confederate or a post Civil War white supremacist ? It looks like we are going to be renaming schools, streets, parks, buildings etc all over the south in the next few years. Oh well, this does create jobs.

1 month ago

Yep… until some adult with some authority says STOP… THAT’S FAR ENOUGH! … no such person in NC that I know of.