Hurricane Jemele Hits ESPN…She’s a Cat-5

Jemele Hill ESPN
September13/ 2017

Hurricane Jemele Hits ESPN…

How many times can I say it? I hop out of bed and there’s primo column fodder stacked like cord wood just itching to be ridiculed… exposed for the human absurdity it is… and then ridiculed some more.  I get paid for doing THIS? … OK, not much but it sure beats a few other things I’ve done over the years.

I contacted one of my ever-dwindling mini-collection of Left-leaning friends this AM (Wed) for his opinion on “What Jemele Hill said… and What ESPN said about what Jemele Hill said”… and he said “Who is Jemele… is that a he or a she?”

He had no clue what had BLOWN UP every sports website, except one, in America on Tuesday.  ESPN.com has never mentioned it. SURPRISE!

I like this particular guy because he really is quite smart. He is probably “intellectual” too but I could care less about his mental illnesses. His opinions quite often deviate from the “party line”. Sure, he really really “Hates Trump” but I work around that.

But how/where he gets his news is straight from The Lib/Dem Handbook. I forgot that when I assumed he knew “What Jemele Hill said…..”

But a good reminder that maybe 1-2 of you’ans don’t know “What Jemele Hill said and what ESPN said about what Jemele Hill said…”

Here’s a pretty concise recap of this latest OMG… THE SKY IS FALLING! Kerfluffle. …. LINK.

I told y’all some months ago that Jemele Hill was ESPN CEO John Skipper (UNC’75) designated “Rising Star”. She’s from Detroit so she’s quite a nasty urban AfAm-ette.  Jemele blames “white folks” for pretty much everything and was doing so long before Donald Trump entered politics.

Betcha didn’t know that coming out of Michigan State in the mid 90s, Jemele Hill was a reporter at Raleigh’s once-proud-not so-much-anymore newspaper – The N&O. The cool trivial stuff you only learn here…

Her on-air persona from Day One at ESPN has been “I’m Jemele… I’m sassy… I’m black… and I’m friggin’ bulletproof… so all you dumb-a** white folks can kiss my black ***.” … YEE HAA! …And, oh yeah, I have both of John “Skippy” Skipper (UNC’75) little testicles in a match box on my bedside table.

Nuthin that happened on Tuesday and Wednesday shoulda surprised anyone. It certainly did not surprise me.

Lets run thru the Realities of this Kerfluffle.

Jemele Hill is a high profile ESPN on-air personality. What she says on “her personal Twitter page” DOES reflect on her employer. That is the price for being a very highly-paid “sassy black gal” on ESPN. If she was still at The Orlando Sentinel we would not be talking about her.

ESPN has been conducting a vigorously aggressive PR campaign for the past 18+ months to counter a growing worldwide perception that the monolithic media conglomerate is decidedly “Left-leaning”.

The PR guys, alas, were not in synch with the on-air personalities like Jemele Hill, Bomani Jones, Pablo Torre et al who were even more aggressively telling the sports world they WERE Quite Radically Left-leaning.

Did I mention, before joining ESPN, John Skipper was an executive with Rolling Stone Magazine?  “Skippy” is hard-Left toJohn Skipper ESPN the bone.

In her 15-minute Twitter tirade, Jemele obliterated that whole ridiculous PR campaign. Her Twitter tirade was a Category 6 Sh**storm that left John Skipper and his boss Robert Iger (Disney CEO) curled up under their desks in fetal positions.

“Skippy” and Iger HATE TRUMP almost as much as Jemele does but they only say that when they are sure all mics and cameras are turned off. Being responsible for revenue-generation for A LOT of unhappy stockholders, they realize that A WHOLE LOT of American sports fans were among the 63,000,000 that enthusiastically voted for Donald Trump.

Yeah… us “racist redneck retards” used to really need / like our TV Sports.. Not so much any more… There goes your million $$ bonus Skippy.

While Jemele and “Skippy” and Bob Iger have total contempt for “people like me and many of you” they want us as viewers so their advertisers (many of who also have total contempt for “us”) can sell us their products and services.

The CEO of Progressive Insurance is a quite rabid “Left-leaner” for example. The gay Apple CEO is also a major “anti like-us” guy.

ESPN was quick to announce that they think Jemele acknowledges her remarks were “inappropriate”. That is in no way an “apology” and NO WAY is Jemele Hill ever going to apologize. It’s part of that whole “sassy black gal thing” she’s got going.

If Jemele’s Sh**Storm “only” cost them a few million more ex-viewers they would be happy. The final viewer damage is likely to be much greater.

What do I think will happen with “this”?

ESPN wants it to “just go away”. They know they can’t suspend Jemele Hill much less “fire her”. Yes, they fired Curt Schilling and Mike Ditka for much less provocative comments but neither Curt nor Mike were “sassy” or “black” or “female”.

But But BobLee… “if anyone at ESPN had said that sort of toxic crap about Obama they would be…”

Yeah.  So.  Whats your point?  Try to make sense out of this crap, you’ll lobotomize yourself.

I don’t know Jemele’s sexual preferences but with “sassy – black – female” going for her she doesn’t even need “lesbian”. She knows it. ESPN knows it. Most of America should knows it.

“This” will dominate sports websites comment boards for another day or so. Demands for her to BE FIRED or WORSE will be aired for naught.   She’ll “do” The View and Bill Mahre and the usual gaggle of Hate Trump shows.. Jemele Hill is a rabid-left Rock Star now.

Jemele might even toss up a few more Hate grenades on Twitter or on-air. She knows she is “bullet-proof” as well as “sassy”.

If “Skippy” even suggested that she “apologize: much less suspend her a day or so she would have a BLM battalion take over Bristol.  “Skippy” could find his very white rear end hoisted up the ESPN flagpole covered in tar & feathers.  He knows it.  She knows it.

I would hope those of you who are a bit slow on the up-take will finally realize what ESPN is all about and adjust your viewing habits accordingly.  IMO, anyone who is not “left-leaning” that watches any ESPN channel other than for a Must See Live Event is as stoopid as they think you are.

That’s the same faction that still subscribes to The N&O and Charlotte Observer and Greensboro N&R so I’m realistic in my low expectations.

NOTE: I picked up an N&O in my optometrist’s office on Tuesday. My high school newspaper was bigger. I counted the “ads”. Their largest advertisers are people who pay for loved ones’ obituaries.  They can keep printing so long as folks keep dying.

You live a decent life for 80+ years.. You die and your family spends $300 to glorify what a fine guy/gal you were in 800-1000 words… and The N&O can pay the light bill one more day. YUCK!

Oh COME ON… you knew you have to “buy” obituaries. They charge by the word.

Speaking of “Dying”… the political career of Charlotte’s infamous Mayor Jennifer Roberts appears to be dead. Known for “not being all that smart” and for “masterminding the HB2 Scandal”… she was trounced in a Democratic primary on Tuesday.  Rejected by “her own peeps”.

In her place Charlotte will elect another AfAm Mayor which likely means another embarrassing scandal awaits… if history is any indication; and it usually is. The City of Charlotte and Greater Charlotte are VERY different demographic entities. Just as Atlanta and Greater Atlanta are quite different.

Maybe next month Jemele Hill will join Kathy Griffin on a “Potty-mouthed Liberal Rock Stars” Tour of radical college campuses. Oh Goody…

Tags: ,
  • JD Reply

I use to love watching the 6 PM SportsCenter. It was the staple of my viewing day. Then they decided to put the Social Justice Twins in the anchor chair. The day that happened I stopped watching it. I’m sure I’m not the only person to have done this. Now I only watch a live event that I must see.

The first three month ratings for SC6 have been AWFUL. But ESPN says it is “all those hurricanes plus Coke changing the name of Coke Zero to Coke Zero Sugar.” Who knew?

• JD Reply

I can see that. The Coke Zero Sugar name is rather confusing. Are they putting sugar in the Coke Zero now LOL

I think the new Zero just replaces the old Zero. Probably the same formula in a new container.

• JP Reply

Hah! Apparently they can’t even fire her without a BLM protest breaking out in the studio. Even if they wanted to turn things around, the prols have seized the means of production. The only thing ESPN has of value is the contracts to cover games. It should be an interesting receivership.

Now that Jemele is the Face / Voice of ESPN, viewers will have an easier choice in watching / not watching. Will this attract more viewers than it repels? Time will tell. The N&O insulted 50% of its market for years… and when new technology came along, they regretted doing that. The free market is a wonderful concept.

• TheCowdog Reply

I love it. You guys aren’t upset that she merely told the truth, are you?

You are certainly not the only one who thinks that. Most of the others espousing that opinion use more obscenities in their espousings than you just did.

• Petejcg Reply

Just wanted to add that viewers are not the metric. If you have cable or satellite TV you are paying for ESPN even if you don’t watch. My family cut the cord two years ago, with Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime, a ROKU device and a flat over the air antenna we are saving money and watching what we want. No more supporting ESPN in any fashion. Got tired of a heaping dose social justice with my sport scores.

Your Atmy of One is growing by the hour. Carte blanc cable packages without ESPN are coming very soon…

• Gear Up Reply

Forget ESPN! If I wanted left-wing lunacy I would tune in to CNN.

The Mitch Rapp era began tonight and American Assasssin exceeded my expectations. BobLee, you will thoroughly enjoy this one. Bourne, Bond and Reacher just retired …

Dylan was not my choice originally but all reviews have been GREAT. Plan to go tomorrow night.

• Gear Up Reply

If the kid is smart, he can literally grow into this character for years to come. I wish him well. He had a tough year recovering from a movie set stunt accident.

I’m still not “OK” with an AfAm as Irene Kennedy… WHY? At least Hollywood didn’t make Mitch a trany.

• Setarcos Reply

We need to embrace her. Not only costing Disney $millions, but really helps voter turnout. And yes, must avoid ESPN as well as anything Disney. If you have kids and grandkids watching anything Disney is associated with, I suggest you tune in yourself. Even a few here might be shocked.

I agree. She will not attract new “left-leaning” viewers for ESPN/Disney; but this publicity will wake up numerous naive “right-leaners”. Thank You Jemele.

• Lakepacker Reply

I do not watch SC. I only watch ESPN for the events that are relevant to me. I had never heard of Jemele Hill before this. As a card carrying ABCer, I had no doubt what the Swoff would do. He has thus far lived up to his expectations. The playing field should be level and it is not. Just ask Schilling or Ditka. Or, ask Swoff if you can find the cave he is hiding in. His ‘handling it internally” said it all.

Maybe we expect too much from the Swofford’s and Skippys of this world.

• Lakepacker Reply

Yep, I meant Skippy. I get the Chapel Hill “executives” mixed up at times. Hard to see the cave dwellers in the dark.

They’re a sneaky bunch of weasels for sure…

• goose

Speaking of Swoff, where is the ACC on moving their HQ to a more gay friendly place like Atlanta?

Swofford is busy right now advising his pal “Skippy” at ESPN on crisis management…

“Try to make sense out of this crap, you’ll lobotomize yourself.” Right on. Somewhere Jimmy The Greek is nodding his head in approval.

“Rev Al” is now entering the fray…. Yee Haa!

• JD Reply

Such an awesome line. I am going to start using it a lot.

Please Don’t Feed Fellow Commenters. They tend to get the Big Head. 🙂

• ENC#1 Reply

No surprise here as you get what you pay for ESPN. Only watch ESPN for games don’t need the “experts” explaining sports to me. Enjoy your website BL keep up the good work and tell “Leo the Hero ” he is still my favorite Duke QB but this Jones kid might overtake him.

I’m sure I’ll be talking to him within a week or so. The Shoestring Play will live forever …

• DM Carpenter Reply

ESPN? Did not even turn it on to watch App in their Million Dollar ‘Pin me Pay me’ Bowl between the hedges.

A LOT of former viewers are doing that. Do it ONE WEEK and you realize you don’t need it. I haven’t watched more than a few minutes of any regular season NFL game in two years. I haven’t missed anyting important.

Jemelle WHO? Reminds me of a trip to Birmingham on a late night flight. I was upgraded and put next to a very tall and nice looking black female. We got to talking….the flight was held on the runway and we had a few drinks. NOW….don’t even THINK what you might. It was just a good give and take and the subject of basketball (she asked me WHO I pulled for in the Triangle). Then we discussed BB and UNC and Duke and Jimmy V and such.
    Turns out she were one of the WNBA ESPN ON THE AIR IN THE BOOTH females. She played for What the F*%K U and then for the Tampa Tampons or some other WNBA team. I had NEVER, EVER heard of her or her “records”. Suffice it to say that when I did NOT recognize her…the conversation got CHILLY. Fortunately, we were fed and I had another Crown Royal or maybe a JD and Ginger.
    She may be Jemelle’s mommy for all i know….but J looks a bit more “robust”.
    I think Jemelle’s issue is that she thinks that she can parlay her limited talent into a gig where she will be held in such esteem as those OTHER “Hollywood” celebrities….such as Leonardo, George, Babs….et al. They are such intellectual giants and their star on the “Chinese Joint” gives them the power to espouse all their liberal toxic venom and it is MUST BE TRUE>>>>it came out of THEIR mouths. Regan was smart. The others are DUMB….
    I DID wonder if you were going to pick this low hanging fruit….and since Little Ms. Smurfette was JUST served (a LAWSUIT….how quaint) to REMOVE SILENT SAM….OTHERWISE…
    NOW….WRAL snitched (you missed it, I KNOW…you have UVERSE and Jimmyh G is playing HARD BALL) on Joshua Stein. HE, as a NC Senator, voted FOR THE CONFEDERATE STATUE PRESERVATION or “Hands off my war heroes….you YANKEE Carpetbagger” legislation. FORSOOTH…..who knew?

I can’t name a single WNBA player OR one WNBA team. Of course I can only name three NBA coaches.

• Ben in MO Reply

Jason Whitlock posits that she is using this as a springboard to a bigger platform (a la Megan Kelly). It made me aware of her existence, so if that’s her plan, it might be working. Haven’t watched SportsCenter since Kenny Mayne (sic?) was on with Dan Patrick, and didn’t watch it often then. I actually watched the sitcom that parodied them (Sports Night?) more than I watched SC. Back in the day, I would check SC strategically for the ACC scores, since they were hard to come by otherwise in New England. Now there’s an App for that, so no need for SC.
        Of course, I was never the guy that organized fantasy leagues, followed the draft like a day trader tracks stocks, and knew all the vital statistics, including shoe size, for Pee Wee football stars and Jr. High basketball prodigies. Don’t memorize team tables for baseball either, and never had any interest in Soccer until my son started playing it in Youth Sports.

All I want are scores and even those aren’t that important.

• Down East Heel Reply

With any luck she is at the 14:58 mark in her 15 minutes of fame (?). I quit watching Sportscenter about the last time I last picked up an N&O. I would quit both but that ship sailed years ago. Keep her, suspend her or ignore the whole thing, frankly Scarlett my give a damn when it comes to ESPN is broken beyond repair.

I betcha Skippy and Iger know this little stunt costs them a few million more viewers and ad dollars… WHY JEMELE WHY ???

• Down East Heel Reply