College Basketball is “dirtier than a hobo’s underwear”… SURPRISE!

Hobo
September26/ 2017

College Basketball “is dirtier than a hobo’s underwear” … SURPRISE!

You gotta feel kinda sorry for The Kneeling Kaepernickers. I mean…

Remember JemeleLaPalooza? I know it was soooo “last week” but “Princess Cornrow” got herself an entire week of Above The Fold Fame. Folks who can’t spell ESPN knew “Jemele” for a whole week.  Most couldn’t spell Jemele either … but they knew about her.  THE New Face of ESPN.

Will The Kneeling Kaepernickers even get “a week”… with ANOTHER Sports Scandal Hitting The Headlines this AM. This one may be a Category -4 at least.

Jemele was more famous last week than “Harvey” – “Irma” – and “Maria”. Unless you are big fan of Puerto Rico you probably don’t even know “Maria”. 89% of Americans can only name a maximum of two hurricanes at any one time.

What was that hurricane that George Bush sent to wipe out New Orleans? Was it Katrina or was it “Nagin”? No, “Nagin” was the very very corrupt black Mayor of New Orleans. The one that actually got convicted and sent to prison. … Where was I?

NOTE: Remember “Ashley” my favorite waitress at Sunny’s Diner? This AM I did an “Ask Ashley”. I asked her if she had heard of three people … Jemele Hill – Mike Pence – Colin Kaepernick. I got total blank looks on #1 and #3. “Isn’t he Vice President” on #2. Ashley

I don’t know if “Ashley” is even her real name. No clue of her “politics” or if she has ever voted in her “I’m guessing mid-20s years”. I do know that a few months ago she was concerned about replacing the broken windshield of her Honda, and not having that $$$ in her budget. … and I know her wonderful smile ALWAYS brightens my day…

Today – Tuesday – Eeeevil Donald Trump decided this NFL Kerfluffle with The Kneeling Kaepernickers had gone on long enough. 48 hours was plenty of time for everyone who hated him with the heat of 1,000 suns last week… and all the weeks before… could hate him some more.

ASIDE:  Did ya hear the one about… Nancy Kerrigan claiming she has the copyright on “Take a knee”.  … Think about it…

So Donald, aided, no doubt, by Vlad The Commie and possibly Lucifer, Charlie Manson and whoever supplies Melania her stilletos, has concocted a MASSIVE SCANDAL in MAJOR COLLEGE BASKETBALL.

I have no idea HOW Donald was involved but I’m sure Team Jemele will be telling us very soon.

This one involves The FBI. Not those feckless stumblebums at The NCAA. … No word yet how “Damn Dan” Kane fits in this.

Yeah, I know. Another “Massive Scandal in Major College Basketball” is about as not-news-worthy as “North Korea launches another missile”.

North Korean missile launches are like “trees falling, but no one hears them, do they make a noise…”. If a North Korean missile doesn’t obliterate Guam … Who Cares.

How many Kneeling Kaepernickers can spell Guam… or know what Ocean it is in… assuming they know Guam is an island… and not the name of Rhianna’s Pomeranian.?

Soooo apparently a “bunch” of assistant coaches at some “notorious” Power Five schools have been “in cahoots” with “shoe reps” from Famous Sneaker Companies in bribing Junior Hi LeBron wanna-bees.

Here’s The Link…

Note: Don’t worry Mr. Kennel. Your “wonderful incredible new guy- “St Kevin” is not involved… so far. BUT his old mentor – Slick Rick – IS apparently.

It’s been what, a year, since Slick Rick Pitino was named in a MASSIVE SCANDAL. That likely qualifies him for a $500,000 bonus from the Louisville AD. Bobby Pitrino is jealous.

A College Basketball Scandal without Rick Pitino would be like a Gregg Popovich interview without him mentioning how much he HATES Donald Trump.  Neither would ever happen.

No Head Coaches have been named YET, just “disposable” assistants. All the named assistants happen to be AfAm so obviously this is PROFILING somehow. And you know… when it’s a disposable assistant…

The Head Coach puts on his Sgt Schultz helmet and grabs a few orphans to hide behind in a photo op. And his loyal fan monkeys “rally” to support him. Schultz

With both Arizona and Louisville apparently among the investigateees, you KNOW that Roy and Mike K have recruited every one of the 4-5-stars wunderkins involved. Not saying Roy and Mike were “out bid”… I’m just sayin’ ….

How long will THIS MESS hold Sports America breathless… at least 48 hours??

Trying to decide what 5-Star Fodder to ridicule is like trying to drink from a fire hose…

Before my “legal insider” alerted me to Today’s Scandal I was working on a pretty awesome piece comparing The Kneeling Kaepernickers to “Chinese infantry”.

Trust me… I’ll work it in somehow the next few days. One of my “best-evers”.

JUST POSTED:  Blondie compares This Mess to Showtime’s BILLIONS… with Slick Rick as “Bobby Axelrod… LINK

Blondie’s New Incredible Page should be 100% Ready To Go later today – Tuesday. She will debut it with a MONSTER COMMENTARY entitled “How a Curvy Radical  Muslim Hottie Brought Down The NFL”. Trust me… it’s a Must-Read. IT’S UP NOW… !.

AgentPierce’s current piece on Donald, Roger Goodell & The Kaepernickers is Vintage AP…. Pierce’s slim chance of ever getting hired at ESPN likely shot-to-hell now.

Later Buddies & Babes…

• ultraviolet Reply
    2 weeks ago

The NCAA will eventually have to go nuclear and ban hookers on campus.

3 weeks ago

I listened to 10 minutes o David Glenn today while driving to lunch. He posed a question to coaches he knows asking them what percent of the 350 NCAA head coaches/programs are involved with what just down with Pitino. The consensus among those responding to the informal poll ranged from 33%-50%. Which 33-50 is the question? Even the low end estimate of his question is awful.

3 weeks ago

The Top Ten “famous coaches” all know who the “shadow people” are… the shoe reps… the AAU fixers… the agents… THEY ALL KNOW. Even if a particular coach is not directly involved with the “buying/selling” of players THEY KNOW WHO IS.

3 weeks ago

If DG’s poll is even half right, it’s way more than just the top 10.

3 weeks ago

I’m betting the final body count will be less than five guys considered “well-known”. Maybe a dozen whozits.

• JD Reply
    3 weeks ago

I’m not the least bit worried about Ole Roy being involved. Carolina hasn’t landed a Blue Chip 5 star lottery pick worthy hyped High Schooler since Harrison Barnes. Now Coach K on the other hand Hmmmmmmmm?

3 weeks ago

But both RW and MK know why certain Top 25 recruits chose certain programs. They know all the people in the shadows for the past decade.

Dribs and Drabs also….
    Warrant is 59 pages long. 9 Colleges or Universities involved…only 3 or 4, so far, “outed”.
    6 arrested. Two are now “Former” Adidas employees. Christian Dawkins was an ASM NBA agent. He had a scrape with the law when he used an NBA player’s CC to charge over $40,000 in UBER rides. Wonder what other services the Uber driver provided?
    UNC TGU ALERT….in the Warrant….the guy that squealed and wore the wire is identified as CW1 (Cooperating Witness #1). He is Mr. Marty “I got the BLING” Blazer of Greg Little. Chris Hawkins and Marvin Austin fame. Marvin’s tweets have become more incinderary than the kids that used a sling shot to launch the fireworks off a CA cliff and started the wildfires. It appears that he avoided charges from his little involvement in TGU. Who would EVER have thought that Marvin’s Tweets could stir up such feces?
    Need to start a pool on the number of comments on the BL column
    Henson and Furst have been contacted by the National Association of Hobo’s and are preparing a defamation suit naming Bob Lee since they and their underwear do not want to be associated with this rank pile of feces.
    Waiting for the “Child Protection Services” crowd to wade in and want charges brought against the “Mama’s” that negotiated their little boys bribery payments. This is either human trafficing or slavery. Rev BB and Jim Goodmon and their ilk MUST make this the “Cause de Jour”….RIGHT… EOR…

• Former96heel Reply
      3 weeks ago

That’s my thinking too. I’m sympathetic to someone believing that they are due lots of $ to go make a University lots of $, but the means in which this reads sniffs of a lesser degree of human trafficking. And it’s financed directly from public companies. Not only Rev Barber, but where is the call to divest the pensions and endowments of these companies? Oh yeah, they stroke the largest checks to the universities, so I guess it is allowed.
      I’m chuckling because McClatchy’s pretend-a-rag in Columbia took an extra day to connect the dots that their ex-assistant was arrested in part because of indiscretions while at USC. Today’s slant is, well, they aren’t named in the counts. No, but no other school was either, they were just described in explicit detail with everything short of initials or mascot.
      Lamont Evans at least wore his Nike sweatsuit for his court appearance yesterday. You can’t make this stuff up!
      Grand nugget #2, U of Alabama staffer was canned yesterday after an internal investigation (maybe the fastest investigation in history). His prior job was with enforcement with the NCAA.
      For real, let it all burn down. Let the pro leagues finance real minor leagues for those who have no interest in an education, and follow the baseball model for collegiate athletics in football and basketball.

3 weeks ago

Jan Boxill’s “Ethics Award”, which seems to be missing and is named for Jan needs to be dusted off and renamed.
        My nominee is Marvin Austin. Sort of an “Outstanding Achievement Award for Restoration of Ethics in College Athletics”. It could be presented annually….but would Ms. Folt allow him back on campus to present it? Maybe the Rams Club will fund it?

3 weeks ago

With John Blake (Who?) presenting Marv with his award at 1/2 time of the Western Carolina game… ???

• NCSU68Grad
            3 weeks ago

ROFLMAO. I actually meant to rename the “Departmental Award” that I thought was named AFTER Jan….and then disappeared…
            BUT, i’ll second your suggestion….and present it to Marvin. Jan could then be there….

• PK Johnson Reply
    3 weeks ago

The answer is out there…..it may or may not work but use the DIII model for all colleges….no athletic scholarships just academic scholarships. Then the schools control who they let in as students and they are somewhat more of a student athlete.
    This will never happen but thought I would put it out there. William Peace University (formerly Peace College) vs EAST CAROLINA, Pirates vs Pacers!!!

3 weeks ago

I’ll settle for taking down Bruce Pearl and 5-6 other coaching scoundrels… and scaring the bejeebers out of all the rest of’em.

• ultraviolet Reply
        3 weeks ago

Ole Bruce used to be married to Norman Sloan’s niece, fyi.

??? Who’s Bruce?

• Ultraviolet

Oops! Bruce Pearl.

3 weeks ago

Oh for sure. Bruce will definitely be thrown into The Volcano along with Rick.

3 weeks ago

My thoughts come in dribs and drabs on this. The latest. If certain coaches/schools begin stonewalling the FBI, their next step should be to share parts of the evidence with respect to money with the IRS. Once the IRS threatens tax evasion or taking away the players daddy’s/mama’s money, the S**T will really hit the fan and “she/he” will start singing like a bird, naming coaches, reps, agents, schools, trying to make a deal to avoid tax penalties. The Feds are in the drivers seat.
    An interesting theory making the rounds is that the NCAA or someone inside the NCAA, frustrated by those gaming the system and without the resources or real legal power to subpoena for evidence from its members, leaked information to the FBI. Not surprised at anything we’ve learned but am pleasantly surprised the FBI has taken this on. “I don’t know nothing about nothing” doesn’t work as well in Federal Court like it does with the NCAA and media interviews. Under oath, every lie is a felony.

3 weeks ago

That theory is gaining popularity over the past 48 hours…

• OldWuf Vet Reply
    3 weeks ago

I’ll bet the “just do it” organization is better at covering their tracks and has better lawyers.
    This may be a great thing for the Franklin St. crowd re:TGU. More “see everyone does it” and “we’re not as bad as them”. Also the nitwits at NCAA will be tied in knots and more ineffective from this point forward.
    I always expected a maximum penalty of a girlie slap on the wrist but they may receive a letter of commendation, an apology and a mythical 1802 NCAA MBB championship banner now……

PS- I fully expect my Alma mater to be swept up in this scandal. Too many good things have been happening in W Raleigh lately; time for us to get whacked down again

3 weeks ago

IMO… we are in unknown territory here. ANYTHING could happen. I’m looking forward to Roy’s First Comments on All This. should be “Classic”.

• OldWuf Vet Reply
        3 weeks ago

I can’t wait for ORW’s comments. You think it’ll first be one of those “we’re above that sort of behavior at UNC” kinda statements?
        I wish our new coach didn’t have Pitino-taint all over him. That’s bothered me from the beginning. Always figured he knew about Ho-gate. Everybody forgets that every ESPN analyst’s favorite (and unappreciated in their minds) coach, Herbert Sendek was from the Pitino coaching tree. He must not have learned much there.

3 weeks ago

Whatever Roy might have scripted for him to read, he will abandon after 30 seconds and bite the head off the microphone. He can’t help it. Its a version of Tourettes Syndrome.
          Whatta ya think the odds are that Frau Yow did ANY For-Real due diligence on “the new guy” or grilled him about “Rick’s Way”?

• OldWuf Vet
            3 weeks ago

I’ll wager Frau really didn’t want in-depth answers to those questions. Kinda like she probably didn’t ask Gott about his dating habits.
            I’ll bet she had KK picked as her guy and really didn’t care how the sausage was made. Pitino never had gotten caught, so why worry?

3 weeks ago

I’ll wager Frau did a much superior interview / selection process than Dickie Baddour ever did. Thats not saying much, granted.

• Former96heel
            3 weeks ago

Somewhere John Blake is shaking his head, thinking of all that Air Jordan money he could have been in charge of had they held on for another 6-7 years.

Who ?? 🙂

• Former96heel Reply
    4 weeks ago

This is going to sound horrible but in reading the legal stuff, how is this not a 21st century version of slavery?
    No way the families simply were getting their due. That money went through many sticky hands. And we all know what happens when that top talent fails to pan out. Mention in there of another shoe company outbidding, this isn’t stopping here.
    Wasn’t Merl Code an old NFL’er?

Merl “Something” … yes.

• Former96heel Reply
        3 weeks ago

I knew the name was familiar. He was a Clemson PG in the mid-90’s. There is a Merl Code NFL’er, went to NC A&T, now a SC Judge. Guessing it is his father, since the name is very distinct.

3 weeks ago

NOT the former NFL guy…. no relation. His name was Merle Hodge.

4 weeks ago

Kevin Keatts went Sgt. Schultz today when asked about his tenure with Mr Pitino No surprise. Perhaps BK will set the record straight as usual. Probably not the best time to be a Pitino protege or an Adidas school. ECU is contracted with Adidas too. Based on the record I’m pretty confident the MBB or FB Pirates aren’t on the Adidas gravy train.

4 weeks ago

I’ll cut “St Kevin The Pure” about 48 hours of “slack” to “talk with Rick”. Then he covers for him or “denies him three times before the cock crows”.

• ncsu1987 Reply
      4 weeks ago

At this point I’m fairly certain that Keatts is following lawyers’ guidance. He may or may not offer any comments in the future. But all choices have consequences: if he doesn’t, his pressers will be very uncomfortable for a LONG time.
      I agree that it’s a bad time to be either an Adidas school or a Pitino protégé. However, the developing consensus is that the objective of the illegal operation was to support attempts to outbid different shoe companies. Let’s see, which shoe companies are big enough that Adidas would struggle to outbid them? In my original post I said EVERY P5 coach and admin are very nervous. Nothing has changed that opinion. The “tip of the iceberg” analogy works really well here, IMO.
      I think a lot of people are going to be shocked at the scope and depth that is about to be revealed. The denouement will be fascinating.
      Hey, BL: a cynical reader might start to wonder if a certain internet legend has mystical, supernatural powers. You are certainly blessed with an embarrassing bounty of fodder. Always curious about writers’ methods, if you care to share. In this case, with the sheer quantity of idiocy, how to you pick and choose where to aim your savage pen?

4 weeks ago

You KNOW “The Franklin Street Gang” is very “smug” that This doesn’t involve US… We are a Nike School”. HAA!… Indeed, Adidas was simply outbidding Nike, Reebok, UnderArmour. They are all in the same crooked poker game. …. Since Roy, Mike, Rick, Sean, Calipari, et al recruit the SAME KIDS… THEY ALL KNOW. … You know the Rule when The Feds have you in the Interrogation Room – “The First One To Talk… Is The One Who Gets To Walk”. Here’s a legal pad and pencil… start writing names and dates and amounts… This Deal Is Off-The-Table in ten minutes.
        How do I pick my “targets”? I can’t miss… I just flip to “Automatic” and pop a few 3-shot bursts. Like Blondie did this AM with her BILLIONS column… whatever makes the best HEADLINE usually wins.

• Former96heel Reply
          3 weeks ago

The Franklin St Squad would be extremely embarrassed to have it unfold that they have the single most powerful shoe guy in the history of child-labor built footwear in their corner, and they still haven’t landed that 5 star guy (that I remember anyway) in the last few years. I can promise you it is not from a lack of bidding.
          So many questions:
          Is the NCAA happy the FBI has this, or are they in spin cycle?
          If you’re a public company, and it comes out your marketing folks are laundering money, do you have a duty to uncover more? Can we hope this crosses over to the SEC folks to investigate the US listed companies?
          Who is naive enough to think this doesn’t cross into football, where the shoe battles have migrated the last few years?
          If it is about agency and financial representation, why Auburn? Not really known to produce lottery picks there, you know.

3 weeks ago

Auburn’s HMBBC is Bruce Pearl … a notorious NCAA scoundrel with a rap sheet longer than Sam Perkins’ arm spread. … Roy’s inability to land a 5-star is, of course, all Dan Kane’s fault.. or maybe Roy also HAS TO HAVE “a really fancy indoor practice facility” IPF – too.

• Doug
            3 weeks ago

Yes the forefather and founder of the modern day shoe deal was His Airness Michael Jordan. Nerves have to be shaky over there and all across the land. Oddly the winner in all of this could be Lorenzo Ball (Oh God. Please no.) That is if, when? the bigwigs and brands suddenly get their day in handcuffs.

3 weeks ago

I do so love seeing “haughty guys” taking “perp walks”. Methinks there will more than a few….

3 weeks ago

Yes a TGU style perp walk to include the entire NCAA and the top 10 (or more) BTMBBC’s). I immediately thought of The Scent of a Woman movie when the blind, cantankerous and alcoholic former Army Ranger, Col. Frank Slade comes to the defense of the poor student Charlie Simms in the climatic final scene against the privileged Baird School president and the wealthy Baird board chairman father of the guilty spoiled brat student. Charlie refused a bribe to get into Harvard if he takes the fall for the spoiled rich kid. The takedown is epic. I’d love to see it in real life before I die but am not holding my breath.

3 weeks ago

Everybody LOVES a good “perp walk” UNLESS its “your guy” then not so much …

Timely and good, BL
    I admit to having a fetish for Concretes and Blizzards. My favorite, after asking for the DQ Senior Discount, is to ask the server (preparer?) if they have ever heard of a guy from Omaha named Buffett. THAT is a hoot. Then I will utter wealthiest Lib’s (I think) name and see if “Warren Buffett” strikes a chord. Been doing that for several years. 30% YES would be my estimate.
    As to “Kneeing…” I think that your Nancy K line is cool. I might have worked in a Monica takes to HER knees comment…. Anyway, Nancy OUGHT to file a copyright claim. Probably needs it as she had dropped off the radar screen until DWTS this past spring. Not showing cleavage got her lower scores. Tonya is probably doing voice overs (Oohing and AAAHHHHINGGGG and Screaming) for some Porn Films.
    Was interesting to listen so some Alt Right comments on Fox Business. DirecTV is giving some Sunday Ticket refunds. Mazda responded immediately to Stephen Curry has convinced me to never buy a Mazda….wonder if Under Armour will also respond. Took about 3 minutes each to send an email (4 lines) to Investor Relations at each. Time will tell.
    Wonder how folks gonna spin it….Trump did not single out AFAM Athletes….only Collin K. seemed to do that…and Bob Costas nailed him. As long as Trump keeps linking the Star Spangled Banner and respect for the country, then the Lib’s will have to say…”It is OK to kneel…because we do not respect the country with YOU as President…” Good poll by the Remington Group. NFL will be coddled by the press, but voters vote with their pocketbooks. “America’s Team” took a knee last night….
    Read the results or the summary at their main or home page. Interesting….their demographics follow mostly the 2016 election results. Wonder why? Funny of the day. Anthony WEINER (headed for hard time labor?) is NOW being blamed for HRC’s Loss. I think that the number of reasons list exceeds 65…

4 weeks ago

HRC will have over 100 “reasons why” before her “Not Victory” Tour is done.
      You need to be aware that someone may have stolen your e-address. Earlier this week, someone using your address told me they were going to be “more concise” in their commenting. I knew it couldn’t have been you.

• Gear Up Reply
      3 weeks ago

Curry is not a Mazda spokesperson… not an elite enough brand for Mr. Snowflake. I’m sure Davidson is proud of him now …

• Gear Up Reply
        3 weeks ago

Curry is a Nissan Infiniti Q50 spokesperson … you owe Mazda an apology!

• DM Carpenter Reply
    4 weeks ago

Not NCAA, but NFL, listening to Villanueva’s “statement” today, it sounded like a hybrid of a Maoist self-criticism statement and a PW “I have been treated well, and thank citizens of the People’s Republic for their just treatment and restraint.”

4 weeks ago

I know he is “a Warrior” but there could have been mention of a bounty put out on him. As an OL, it would be easy to target his knees.

• DM Carpenter Reply
        4 weeks ago

Good point, and not beyond the Thugverse.

• Lakepacker Reply
    4 weeks ago

This one was inevitable. AAU is an abbreviation for “corruption”. These “kids” have been for sale to the highest bidder for some time. It is nice to see it is FBI rather than NCAA. There may be actual results to this one no matter where it leads. Finding a way to make “sports” actually sports again, while likely impossible, would be a welcome change.

4 weeks ago

Lets hope the name “Comey” is not involved.

4 weeks ago

CNR will hopefully weigh in on this.

This is a MUCH bigger deal than any TGU or a NCAA investigation, or losing a banner or two, or POTUS Tweets. Money laundering & wire fraud = FELONY and could land those charged in prison for a long time. The feds usually don’t charge people unless they have them by the gonads.

4 weeks ago

Bigger Than TGU !!! #1 – That is sacrilegious to even suggest … #2 – see #1.
      I’m gonna need more bandwidth for sure.

• Former96heel Reply
        4 weeks ago

Have you ever asked yourself if those docs are playing tricks on you with what these eyes are now seeing? I’m pretty sure Saidwhat is putting out as much of their own material right now as the two Mcclatchy corpses in the state.
        Rest them eyes, I have a feeling all of this is warming up to go warp speed sooner than we think or are prepared for.

4 weeks ago

“… more, and better, than the two McClatchey papers in this state”.. I set my bar a LOT higher than that! 🙂
          There sure is A LOT flying around right now! You know me… I LOVE CHAOS!

4 weeks ago

Heck and I haven’t even read what you said yet. Went straight to the comments. My bad.

• ncsu1987 Reply
    4 weeks ago

Good stuff. The fickle public may turn their mercurial attention elsewhere in 48 hours, but something tells me the implicated schools won’t. We’re about to be schooled in the vast difference between an NCAA investigation and an FBI investigation. Trust me, there are people at every P5 school sweating right now. A few ill-informed fans may comfort themselves by saying “Wow, glad we’re not an Adidas partner” but coaches know it can happen anywhere. And I’ve a feeling this is going to get bigger when the canaries who are looking at hard time start to sing.
    And just for the record, if this comes back to my alma mater, I hope the administration takes full responsibility, roots out whoever was responsible, no matter how high the sh….tuff floats, and fire their butts.
    This may blow over, but it has the initial feel of something different, a seminal moment in the ever-changing landscape of “amateur” NCAA athletics. Hopefully, something good will come of it. I like sunshine, lots of sunshine, it reveals, and cleanses…

4 weeks ago

You are correct. Not that the FBI hasn’t stubbed its toe a few times BUT it’s worse day is MUCH better than the best day for the stumblebums at the NCAA. You think Sgt Schultz may not be enough THIS TIME? My “legal insider” seems to think THIS IS SERIOUS.

• ncsu1987 Reply
        4 weeks ago

Not my favorite writer, but here’s an interesting take if you haven’t seen it: https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/view/articles/2017-09-26/fbi-is-doing-the-ncaa-s-dirty-work-in-college-basketball-case
        It’s an interesting questions, isn’t it?

4 weeks ago

A LOT of coaches and institutions are sweating bullets today. The cover-ups and “but but but…” holocaust deniers will be out in force. A LOT of folks have A LOT to lose if this caldera blows.

• Doug
            4 weeks ago

Jemele’s hot take will likely include; The Trump administration orchestrated the whole thing because he hates AFAM athletes for Tweeting disagreement with POTUS Tweets. A one-and-done majoring in Basketball for a semester or two doesn’t count. Who knew?

4 weeks ago

You are not being sarcastic. I don’t doubt she/ESPN would do that.

4 weeks ago

Good comments and find. My take, from the CF chatter during TG and Pregame….if there is a whiff of scandal and any NCSU individual is mentioned….then there WILL be a HOWLING MOB (not to be confused with Howling Cow) that descends on Mr. Purcell and Dr. Woodson and they will vent all their frustration about the lack of any NCAA action on TGU on them….
          To wit….it was AD Yow that done the dirty with Adidas and now our lads and lassies are running (Cartwheeling) billboards for Corporate Corruption. OH THE SANCTITY OF IT ALL…. This is NOT the NCSU WAY…. Maybe the team will put black tape over the uniform Adidas Logos….THAT would sure not play well from Vaughn towers….

• ncsu1987
            4 weeks ago

LOL, there’s a little devil sitting on my right shoulder, and he would be happy to give my left testicle to see your “black tape” scenario play out. Fortunately I usually keep him in check…

4 weeks ago

You won’t have to worry about university administrations rooting out any corruption. The FBI will do it for them. Paying players, even under the table, is not illegal. Fake classes is not illegal. Changing grades or transcripts to maintain eligibility is not illegal. Questionable recruiting and admission practices is not illegal. Wire fraud and money laundering IS illegal.

• ncsu1987 Reply
        4 weeks ago

Great point. Huge difference between NCAA allegations and FBI indictment, and between NCAA investigation resources and those of the FBI. Those differences will help inform smart administrators as they contemplate their response plans…
        Just so tired of the denials, deflections, excuse-making that characterizes so much of society (not just in sports). Would love to see somebody stand up and say “Hey, we f’d up, here’s the punishment we’re accepting and the additional steps we’re taking to try and make sure this doesn’t happen again.” Probably a pipe dream. I suspect the University of L will get first opportunity.

4 weeks ago

Agreed. An old school “we messed up” would be refreshing but I won’t hold my breath. There’s still a possibility of a rigged outcome but removing the NCAA, fat cats, boosters, and other bad actors from the equation does improve the chances for some real and needed change. For some right now, a mere NCAA investigation would be a welcomed sight. I’m guessing there are going to be a lot of late nights in Indianapolis and AD offices from coast to coast. Lawyering up is not a bad idea.

4 weeks ago

Unlike an NCAA Investigation which is the equivalent of Law School Mock Court for L1’s… The FBI uses real handcuffs.

• Babs.in.Derm Reply
    4 weeks ago

Read about this earlier and knew it was L’Ville in KY. Dead give-away about already being in trouble with the NCAA.

4 weeks ago

Rick-a-Roo has played Russian Roulette with the NCAA for 25 years. You think he can dodge one more bullet?

• Babs.in.Derm Reply

Hard to tell. It’s too bad, as I like him as a coach. The NCAA tends
        to let those they like get by with murder. Just look at the SEC!
        Because they make approximately 80% of their $$ from TV, if a school
        brings in the dollars, it’s hard for them to come down on them hard.
        I do believe that is a possibility with Carolina..

Two things: Either the legalities, regarding who is actually at fault, are holding this
        debacle up, or it’s the fact that Carolina bb is such a draw for
        television, they are having a difficult time justifying bringing down
        the hatchet.

• Chip Reply
    4 weeks ago

Arizona?! Uh oh! That could mean Old Roy’s heir apparent, Sean Miller, could be involved. No matter. This is small fry compared to TGU.

4 weeks ago

But it involves a “slightly” less corrupt organization. The FBI rather than The NCAA. We’ll see…