Wherever HERE Is… Brickyard Charlie Browns… Plus+

Charlie Brown
October07/ 2017

Wherever Here is… PLUS+

Today it’ll be:  (1) where I’ve been… what I’ve been doing… (2) You Brickyard Charlie Browns… and (3) NOT CAM…

A friend of mine in the electronic media uses a line it doesn’t matter Where I am… Here I am. This week my Here was Madison WI. I was doing my Russell Wilson impersonation… going from Raleigh To Madison.  Russell stayed six months.  We stayed 3.5 days.

I had my laptop with me. I could have knocked out a column but, apparently I have the only Macbook with some sort of virus or malware or whatever. It wasn’t worth the hassle…

I did manage to have a minor Twitter kerfluffle with a Triangle-area sports radio guy that reaffirmed my pre-existing opinions of Triangle-area sports radio guys.

Kid and “Reverend Danny” are expecting the emergence of Ruthie & Scout in mid-December or thereabouts. Blondie and I felt a dry run would be helpful prior to THE phone call. It was.

Wisconsin had been, along with Utah, one of the two Continental 48 I had never had reason to visit. Actually, I was in the Salt Lake City airport for two hours once or at least the signs said I was. Who knows for sure with airports.

Madison is very Raleigh-esque IF Raleigh had two giant lakes in the middle of it and an “isthmus” between them. Am I the only one who can’t say “isthmus” without thinking I’ve developed a lisp?

Madison, like Raleigh, is a state capitol and the site of a major university… with a SMSA population of over 200,000.  Not sure if that includes the 40,000 slightly post-adolescents wearing backpacks, listening to something on earbuds and either walking, biking, or mo-peding.

NOTE:  I once could have said both are sites of a major university with “Red” as a primary school color but apparently only U-Dub can say that from now on…

Unlike Raleigh, the state government part and the enormous Big Ten university part are all jumbled up together at the southern end of that afore-mentioned isthmus.

The actual state capitol building is impressive, enormous and currently inhabited by a pleasant fellow named Scott Walker.  Scott is of the Not-Democrat persuasion. Scott is extremely popular everywhere in Wisconsin except in Madison and very unionized Milwaukee (about 90 minutes east of Madison) where he is NOT.

Imagine if UNCCH was located in Raleigh except the average Franklin Street radical ideologue would be considered “moderate” by Madison standards.

Chapel Hillians like to imagine themselves, along with Berkeley, as a bastion of radical political quackery, Madison actually IS a Berkeley-esque bastion of radical quackery.

Sure the angry little brain-addled Snowflakes of Franklin Street all wear backpacks and earbuds just like they do in Madison; but the backpacks in Madison all come with a side pocket to store your Molotov cocktail. Welcome to the Big Leagues of Socio-Cultural Radical Quackery.

Speaking of famous Football Stadiums… Danny rode me by legendary Camp Randall Stadium. It is NOT “amid lofty pines”.  Nor is it “at a fairgrounds”. It IS a giant hunk of concrete amid lots of other giant hunks of concrete with seating for 85,000 screaming Badger loyalists.

Camp Randall Stadium

No clue how those 85,000 tailgate amid the giant hunks of concrete but Danny assured me they do. They use brats and fried cheese curds rather than Bojangles chicken and deviled eggs. I tried the fried cheese curds. They are much better than they sound like they would be.

For 3.5 days, Blondie’s and my presence increased the Not Lib/Dem population of Madison by 42%. Oddly enough, unlike Chapel Hill, I did NOT see even one Prius with the ubiquitous 9+ bumper stickers advocating assorted silly causes. Next to impossible to get 9+ bumper stickers on a Vespa motor scooter.

“Back in the day” when I flew somewhere at least once/week I never liked much of anything about O’Hare Airport… except leaving it. Some things haven’t changed.

We will be back “up yonder” in late December / early January when WEATHER will likely be a factor. Oh Goody!

IF you have not hung in there in my brief absence I haven’t taught you well, or you haven’t learned well or both.  Regardless, I’m back Here wherever Here is…

Last Thursday Night…

We were at 30,000 ft Thursday night while The Fighting Doereninans were making Life even more miserable for alumni and fans of “The Ville”. Has there ever been a worse time to be a Louisvillian?

Tom Jurich

I’m guessing Eeeevil AD Tom Jurich was NOT hobnobbing with Frau Yow at The Carter. I’m guessing Eeeevil AD Jurich is busy shredding any documents connecting him to any/all crimes and atrocities in the Western Hemisphere over the past twenty years.

Has the phrase “despicable sumbitch” ever fit anyone so perfectly as it fits Eeeevil AD Tom Jurich?

Other than NC State Football officially distancing itself from The Color Red for reasons I don’t even care to know… it must be exciting to be a Wolfpacker these days. More signature W’s in one season than EVER in the history of the institution… at least in The Kennel Era which goes back to the mid 50s.

Wonder if MaryAnne Fox was watching Thursday night? … or Larry Monteith… or “Seersucker Todd” Turner?

Yes… a loss to Clemson on November 4 in what now has to be THE most eagerly anticipated game EVER in the history of NC State University could mean just another “no championship of any kind” season; but…

Can’t you Brickyard Charlie Browns just enjoy the moment and stop worrying if Lucy (or Dabo) is going to jerk the football away… AGAIN?

Enjoy The Moment Wuffies… ENJOY THE MOMENT !

Oh… I heard about the F-B-I chant taunting Louisville. Clever! I’m going to guess Kevin Keatts was NOT participating in that.  Just a guess…. I’m betting St. Kevin The Pure has been doing some document shredding of his own these past few days.

Do I have to even mention, much less discuss CAM NEWTON?

I appreciate that CAM got jealous of all the attention that COLIN THE PETULENT CLOWN has been getting and felt he had to remind The People of Earth that he – CAM – is also a prime candidate for The New Face of The NFL.

Is it just me… but weren’t NFL popularity / viewership numbers A LOT higher when Brady & The Manning Boys were The Faces of The NFL? …Probably “just me”.

Alas, I am no longer a target demographic for Roger & The 32 Rich Old White Guys… nor, are they for me.  A mutual parting of the ways… probably best for all concerned.

I’m Back… along with Blondie and AgentPierce too. They both have new columns up.  Blondie liked those fried cheese curds too.  It’s all in the sauce you dip them in.  Think boneless wings or mozzarella sticks..

AgentPierce’s Latest 10/07 – LINK

Blondie’s Latest 10/07 – LINK

2 weeks ago

I saw where ESPN’s “face” Jemele Hill was suspended for two weeks for running her mouth. Hopefully Rev Al and JJ will start a season long boycott of ESPN and the NFL soon.

2 weeks ago

“Jemele The Face of…” may be out kicking her coverage with this stunt. She may be looking to be crowned Queen of BLM …

• JD Reply
    2 weeks ago

What reasons have your inside sources given you for the NCAA delaying the UNC decision?

2 weeks ago

I haven’ bothered to ask anyone. The dozens of reasons folks on both sides are coming up with are, I suspect, much more delicious. I love the one about UNCCH trying to raise a BILLION $$$ before all those goofy ol’ rich widow ladies hear about TGU and instruct their estate attorneys to take UNCCH out of their wills. YEEEEE HAA!

• JD Reply
        2 weeks ago

I can’t wait to read your article about the decision once it finally happens. It will be Pulitzer worthy. Something tells me that the NCAA findings will just be the next phase in the story. I can see it going to the Supreme Court before it’s all over.

2 weeks ago

No question.. the endless appeals process will probably outlive both Roy and Larry’s tenures in Chapel Hill. The Greatest Eligibility Scam in NCAA History will end up costing UNCCH the equivalent of at least THREE IPFs… There are kids in the 3rd grade who have never known a world without a TGU Scandal at UNCCH. Those 3rd graders may attend UNCCH before this criminal idiocy is over.

• Dr. Vinnyboombatz Reply
        1 week ago

The Andrew Carter tweet last week about the impending COI report was most likely BS.
        Carter either got played or possibly paid by a PR plant to tweet such nonsense. I would expect in a case like this one where the NCAA fully expects to be sued by UNC, that they would be deliberate and make sure all of there i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed. It was less than 50 days from the end of the COI hearings that ACarter tweeted that the report was coming only to cancel such an announcement a very short time later.
        Bottom line: The NCAA COI report WAS NOT ready last week!!!!!
        Now, why would UNC PR want to tweet a lie? Perhaps to irritate the board monkeys of opposing fan bases? To give out a false alarm could cause some of the casual fans to lose interest which would aid in PR efforts to downplay TGU. I think it will actually come out near the end of this month or maybe not too far into November.

1 week ago

Whenever …. we’ll all be here when it does. To assess how human history is forever altered.

• Dr. Vinnyboombatz
            1 week ago

Now, new info says it goes public tomorrow. We shall see. It won’t change human history but it could change some of the subhuman board monkeys you speak of on here.

• Bob Kennel Reply
    2 weeks ago

Hey, BL. Good column as usual and loved your word tour of Madison. All I could think of, however, was the isthmus between two ears connecting Brainy Labeling with Alt -Paranoia. 😂
    Great game Thursday night
    My best friend Dick Goudie and I had the honor of leading our 125 years of NC State football halftime celebration carrying our ‘1957 ACC Championship Banner” ahead of 300 former players from later decades.
    Never have worried about uniform colors
    Just win! )As long as we don’t use Paisley).
    Alumni meetings all day all day Friday with both Woodson and Yow very pleased and proud. I had sent them a text Thursday night with one word, “Validation” (It’s only a game but the results offer validation for players, Coaches, and Administrators)
    Thinking about how to finally make some money off my Kevlar vests, renting them out to concert-goers, and that’s not supposed to be funny.
    Continued prayers for your kids and coming grandkids.
    PS: I’m told by someone in the know that the UNC-CH Board of Trustees plan to take the NCAA to the limit on any TGU sanctions to be announced.

2 weeks ago

A bit surprised that you have no loyalty to The Red & White. You rarely surprise me, but that does?? If they go with “50 Shades of Gray” on Nov 4 and beat Dabo I doubt there’ll ever be a shred of Red ever again in C-F. I am merely a curious observer with no preference at all…
      If DD does avoid the dreaded “trap games” and does “Do Dabo” on the 4th… he becomes THE Flavor-Of-The-Month and every Power Five Fat Cat Lynch Mob will come acalling with $5,000,000/year. You may need to sell your Kevlar stock to ante up your share of A Lifetime Contract.
      It’s been obvious for several years that UNCCH will dig in its legal heels and drain its ample war chest for a long as it takes to win whatever pyrrhic victory it hopes for with TGU. The appeals will likely outlive both Roy and Larry’s tenures. Outliving Larry may be easy as he definitely is no longer anyone’s Flavor-Of-The-Month. It’ll take A LOT more than his $36,000,000 IPF to “wake up the sleeping giant” now… Kenan and Dowdy-Ficklin might both be offering TwoFors and BOGOs any Saturday now.

• Porgie Reply
    2 weeks ago

Whenever I see/hear of one of these “special uniform” events, I just keep saying over and over in my mind ‘we’re the Red and White from State…’ until I have convinced myself that is what colors NC State is wearing. Baseball actually has a decent looking camoflauge tri-color jersey that it wears on occassion. The Wolf logo change on the helmets is also aceptable but not the one Thursday night as it was unreadable from my location which isn’t that far away. I agree that the players are probably picking the colors but sooner rather than later someone needs to remind them who is paying for all that bling. One of the loudest crowds in my memory and no one would sit down unless it was one of the 100s of TV timeouts or halftime.
    Only been in Wisconsin once myself and that was for a riverboat stop in LaCrosse. Beautiful city. As time grows closer, I will give my philosophy on proper Grandparenting.

2 weeks ago

If the score had been reversed I bet the fan opinions on the unis would be too… JUST WIN BABY!

• YogiNC Reply
    2 weeks ago

Yo BL, LTNS. OK, here’s the poop on that black, it’s the kids that are picking those colors. Seriously, think about it. They have no allegiance to red & white, they just want to look “cool”, “fab” or whatever the term du jour is.

Ummm, i remember the last haircut I got for a year and a half. That too passed away, and then it REALLY took a hike at the recruit in processing facility at bootcamp in Orlando (yep the Navy had a bootcamp down there for a while). The water tank had Navy World painted on it. It didn’t however have a small world ride or the hillbilly bears (that is actually debatable, we had a kid in our company from LA… lower Alabama, that we called billy bob, he WAS the definition of a hillbilly bear).

2 weeks ago

This is not an NCSU issue as it has come up at many many schools including UNCCH. At the end of the day “the uniforms” is probably not a line in the sand issue to risk a locker room revolt over… THAT SAID… I believe other entities should have vote on such a high profile element. “School colors” seem to MATTER to alumni / fans. To completely remove a distinctive school color from a team uniform seems like a no-brainer NOPE issue. I am admittedly “old school” on this issue.
      I suspect many State fans are so ecstatic over the BIG WIN that they can wear those gray/black unis forever now. Again… I would have negotiated a compromise… black pants/jersey but Red helmet… or some such. … one of many changes in college FB that have sapped my personal interest in it. TRADITION used to be important. It is not any more… sigh.

• YogiNC Reply
        2 weeks ago

You gotta admit this BL, at least it ain’t that lime green electric yellow from the nike northwest home. It really is all about the marketing of the companies that provide the shoes/unis. Which brings up the obvious thought process of Adidas and the stink in da ville/ da dessert (Arizona). Was thinking maybe it WAS a good thing Sean didn’t want to talk to the Frau about that BB coach opening. That stink could wind up being as bad as TGU, well maybe not, it depends on your proximity to said stink.

2 weeks ago

Your Pitino disciple might still be sweating bullets every time the phone rings. Keatts HAD to know “something” not the that is a crime.

• Setarcos Reply
    2 weeks ago

ECU’s AD may not rival UL AD for evil, but just listened to an interview and he was talking about sick kids being grateful for him and thanking him. Interesting how sick kids came up so quickly in his interview. Maybe not evil yet, but headed there. Other than that, he talked about all the little things that have improved that fans don’t notice. BTW, I am new here …are ECU related posts allowed?

2 weeks ago

Allowed? Absolutely. This is sort of “different” from most websites. … I saw where attendance at D-F was all time low yesterday. That can’t be good …

• Setarcos Reply
        2 weeks ago

Think the very very few people there yesterday expected to see a repeat of the plane + banner reading “fire Compher”. ECU football has been shot without even a cigarette.

2 weeks ago

A neighbor said that fannies in seats (FIS) was 20K-25K and the 25 number was being very generous. For the record the Pirates were decked out in all black uni’s. Temple was obviously shaken by this and was ONLY able to put up 34 points which will lower the +50 ppg average ECU’s defense is allowing so far this season. It’s tough when a coach starts running out of coordinators to fire.

2 weeks ago

Allowing that ECU surely has a few level-heads around to offset the usual “GET A ROPE… NOW” faction… how do you/they see all “this” shaking out? Apparently AD Compher is “an issue”. Does Compher have “polaroids” of the Chanc and/or Pirate Club fat cats ???

• Doug
            2 weeks ago

I assume Chancellor Staton is in a similar situation as Holden Thorpe was in at UNC when he asked you. “who are these people?” IMO coach Mo made a huge strategic mistake when he took the job by not saying upfront what no one wanted to hear like Mack Brown did when he was named coach at UNC after DickCrum departed. Mack told everyone that would listen that the first three years would be very rough and he proved it which bought him time. Mo took a different path by either not being honest about a lack of talent or was too inexperienced to know any better. I guess hindsight is 20-20.

2 weeks ago

I guess coaches have egos and unrealistic expectations like everyone else does… but the rest of us don’t have our results up on GIANT video boards for all to see.
            ECU has a ling-suffering but doggedly loyal fan base. I guess Logan was “the best/smartest FHC” they’ve had “in the modern era”. The other examples still regurgitated and redissected (Dye, Emory, Stasavich) are irrelevant. That yahoo from Florida was sure a total mess. Skip did some good things as did Ruff. Ruff sure seemed like a long-term solution with/without Young Lincoln” (who ain’t as popular in Norman today as he was 24 hours ago… OUCH!).
            So give me YOUR best guess of “what happens w/ ECU FB the next three months” ??? Does Compher survive? Are Compher and Scotty both Dead Men Walking? … Meanwhile the drumbeats of discontent get louder “amid Kenan’s lofty pines”… Another OUCH!

• Doug
            2 weeks ago

Often wrong. Never in doubt. Both survive. The BOT will never act UNLESS the big donors decide to revolt. BTW, the same ones who demanded Ruffin’s exit.

2 weeks ago

Should I ask how “diverse” is the ECU BOT? If I was an ECU AD (YIKES!!!) I would probably prefer an AfAm FHC candidate who could “cross-over” when necessary at Pirate Club fetes. Which probably describes Scotty ??? … Oh Me… Oh My!

• Doug
            2 weeks ago

A qualified source that you may may know of might know if the same big donors (the oldest is now 87) who had a hand in Ruff’s removal also had Terry Holland removed to make room for a replacement AD which turned out to be Compher. Many think that at any rate. TH, now 75 and would have left at some point anyway but many think he was pushed out rather than leaving on his terms. I still see TH around Greenville from time to time.

2 weeks ago

What is so delicious is that all this “palace intrigue” goes on at 95+% of schools in “major college sports”. Fat Cats buying access and influence and admin functionaries eager to court the approval of those Fat Cats… and theres the on-going changing of the guard among Fat Cats. In the end all its about is BRAGGIN’RIGHTS… and the whims of semi-literate 18 y/os … …. Delicious Indeed … 🙂

• ultraviolet
            1 week ago

The only thing level heads in Greenville are good for are setting our beers on them.

1 week ago

My personal experiences with ECU fans is that they contain all the “sideshow characters and human oddities” as every other fan base I have personal knowledge of. Their % of “quasi-normal folks” capable of functioning in society is likewise equal to any other fan base.
            I repeat my incredibly sound description of “Fan bases” – “The Best of Us = All of Ua… The Worst of Them = All of Them.”

• Setarcos Reply
          2 weeks ago

Temple coach was quoted saying that the score could have been higher but they just ran out the clock “out of respect”. Of course when you choose to say you didn’t do something “out of respect”, it is actually salt in the wound.

2 weeks ago

Thats coach-speak for “I know Scotty and I felt sorry for him…” Nice to know Scotty’s peers “like him” but doubt Pirate Clubbers consider that a positive. … I don’t recall Ed Emory’s peers “liking him” all that much…

2 weeks ago

Uniform color and style. It is apparent we don’t and never will understand what such bling means to 18 y/o kids. Ms Yow and DD I think do understand it better than their counterparts over in Orange County.
    Any school not named Alabama and maybe 6 or 7 elite football programs think the use of gimmicks to attract players is critical. It’s not surprising that so many recruits whose main objective in life is to go to a school, not to major in Zoology, but to major in staying eligible are so easily swayed. It’s not dissimilar to the copycat Kapernickers kneeling for TNA.
    Not too many brain surgeons in that herd either. Over at UNC, the leadership has engaged in what they consider to be a classier option. Alexander Julian argyle in baby blue. For better or worse, the Heels won’t win many recruiting battles with that strategy imo.
    Something is brewing in football that will and probably already is a cautionary sign of things to come. I visited a cousin today. A former HS head football coach from my hometown down east. He told me that at our former HS, the football roster for 2017 was 18 total players. Not even enough players to scrimmage at a rural 3A school. He also said the “missing” players weren’t going to other sports to play either. When he coached the roster was 50-60 players. Times are a changing.

2 weeks ago

The turnout for FB in HS across the country is decreasing A LOT. THAT bodes un-good up-line in 5-6 years as the pipeline for players dries up. The reasons are many-fold and not likely to be resolved.
      It remains to be seen if silly issues like uniforms affects fan interest. My old admonition about Gladiators versus Spctators was prophetic. Right now its All Good for The Wolfpack… not so good at all “amid Kenan’s lofty pines”.

• Lakepacker Reply
    2 weeks ago

No mention of the decision regarding TGU being scheduled and then postponed so the CH liberals could launch their new “fundraiser”? Maybe the funds are for the results of the decision.

2 weeks ago

If I reported every “not yet but maybe someday” re: TGU, I’d have to open a new website. I leave chasing false alarms to board monkeys.
      Anyone still considering donating $$$ to UNCCH has no shame or good sense. Blind old widow wimmen who are still carrying a torch for Choo Choo…

• Gear Up Reply
        2 weeks ago

I call Bovine Scatology. The Carrboro Community College pretense of “fundraising” was just another middle finger poke in the eye of the NCAA. Time for the NCAA to drop the hammer in an ESPN press conference and expose that clown school masquerading as a “public ivy” once and for all. Senator No was right about that cesspool of corruption on the hill.

2 weeks ago

Hopefully the next chapter in this NeverEnding Tale will be revealed this week… The institution’s opinion of itself is unlikely to change regardless.

As Vinnie (John Travolta) said, Welcome Back
    Having flown into Milwaukee or O’Hare to get to Waukesha more times than I can recall, I know of what you speak. My bucket list is to drive my Motor Home in all lower 48. 44 so far. Finally checked off UT in 2015.
    ThE Interim Louisville President said that the EVVVVILLLL AD was also being evaluated and was placed on PAID leave. Pitino was on UNPAID leave. Resumes for both positions have been requested. Has Bubba sent his?
    Records dating back to when “I’m really as good ONCE as I ever was…” were broken in CF on Thursday. Many open spots in priority lots, but CF was a sellout. Actual attendance was 95+%. Was at least 90% at Q3 start. This was one of the noisiest crowds that this wuffie can recall. Heismann Lamar did not have the PR and RW “I’m gonna win this…” poise. He did put up some good numbers, but Whoisit Finley outperformed…..as did most of the other positions. It was a great win. Dave from the Midwest reminded the press (and the donors who offered Debbie $$$$$$) that only he and the team “BELIEVED”.
    Which is stranger? WR route questions from a female reporter or a big league NFL MVP QB hawking yogurt for a healthy colon? Obviously neither turned out to be “funny”.
    Hope Kid and Rev keep doing well and you succumb to all the GD mannerisms. Am expecting a Grand Nephew Wuffie on date of the Battle between NCSU and Dabo’s despicables….

2 weeks ago

So you got no insider info on “What happened to Red?” either, huh? Ain’t heard from Bre’r Kennel in “a while”. Who knows ??? Surely Frau did not OK the “50 Shades of Gray” unis without Kennel’s OK. She wouldn’t DARE, would she?

• ENC1 Reply
    2 weeks ago

Black is the color of “Snowflakes that play Sports” also Nike, Adidas and UA like it b/c it means younger Snowflakes will buy this “new” jersey.

2 weeks ago

You are not the first to offer that line of reason. IT is certainly a key element in “all of this”.

• wolfdon Reply
    2 weeks ago

It took me the entire 1st Qtr to overcome my conditioning that the good guys were those in red and white …..not black. Of course I have been a red/white fan for about 65 yrs. I know that for some reason black has become the new thing ……including the blackout…..but it is not my thing. This too will pass away …..I hope.

2 weeks ago

Has the WHY of that been explained to ANY Wuff Fan’s satisfaction? Certainly other established programs, including one 28 miles to the west, have seen similar sacrilege forced upon them. I don’t get it. You’d think at least a RED jersey or RED Helmet woulda been easier to swallow.
      When The Butcher pulled that crap at UNCCH everyone knew he simply didn’t give a damn what anyone thought. It was HIS PROGRAM and he didn’t need, or want, anyone else’s opinions… about anything. I figured DD to be a bit more understanding of long-held sensitivities. Guess not. I’m sure there is a faction that ONLY cares WE WON and could not care less about “tradition” if that is what it takes to win. A Faustian Bargain for sure… methinks.
      Whats next? Will The Caisson Song be discarded for some “We Hate Whitey” screed by a “notorious rapper”? I hope not.

• Charlotte Wuffie Reply
    2 weeks ago

Bravo to you and Blondie for the dangerous recon mission behind enemy lines. Clearly the brief visit was not enough for the indoctrination to take effect.
    I know it is an exciting time for your family, in awaiting the arrival of your grandchildren! Best to all!

2 weeks ago

It IS a burden knowing I AM the First/Only Baby Boomer to EVER Become A Grandparent. No one else has EVER DONE IT and if so, certainly not with the incredible Gifts From God that we are expecting in mid-December. I shall endeavor NOT to try and chronicle every second of that process. Unique as it surely is… 🙂 …
      That whole “isthmus” thing is pretty interesting… two quite large lakes – the larger being six miles across – that permit all manner of water activities including ice-fishing in the winter.

• DM Carpenter Reply
    2 weeks ago

Welcome back to the land where saying ‘sweet tea’ in a restaurant does not get you a look.

2 weeks ago

Try ordering “grits” at a Madison diner… !! Their “brats” ARE awesome however.

• DM Carpenter Reply
        2 weeks ago

BobLee: I am not sure I would trust grits in Madison! Now you mentioned Wurst, you have struck my stomach with a bout of ‘homesickness’: Ahle Wurscht, Weisswurst, Thuringian Bratwurst, Blutwurst, heck, I would even love to open a jar of Frankfurter Würstchen right now (with a tube of Löwensenf Scharf)…

2 weeks ago

I did not make it to Milwaukee on this trip. Hope to do that on a future trip. I hear thats where the “best wurst” is…

• DM Carpenter
            2 weeks ago

I was thinking a bit farther afield than WI, and a bit East, Hesse and points East and Southeast of Hesse. Hopefully next summer will bring a trip back there. (You have not lived until you have listened to the German commentators trying to explain the ‘English-speaking’ commentators covering a Cup race. (Yes, I once listened to two German commentators spend a good five minutes trying to ‘translate’ DW’s signature “Boogety Boogety Boogety” for a Bristol restart.) I was literally on the floor. It was that funny.

2 weeks ago

Yep. What was amusing at 140 becomes way too much at 280. One Krispy Kreme is a treat. Six makes you sick…