BL: Is Laura Ingraham working for The NCDOT?

UNC Signs
    February19/ 2018

BL: Is Laura Ingraham working for The NCDOT?

There is so much INSANITY on the loose these days that Andy Warhol has had to reduce his “be famous” time frame to no more than three minutes. I was fully prepared to dedicate the next 48 hours to Fox News’ Laura Ingraham  and wait until Chelsea or Laura IngrahamWhoopi or “Meathead” or Maxine or Michael Moore or PeeWee The Angry Gay Skater or ______ could top “what Laura Ingraham Said”.

What Laura said was sooo stoopid that Sheila Jackson-Lee wants to know who is writing her material

But Nooooo… that would be way too easy. Apparently the STOOPID Olympics are in full swing and the NCDOT has come out of nowhere to possibly snatch “the Gold”.

Or, as today’s title suggests… Could Fox News’ Laura Ingraham be responsible for the In-Yo-Face-State Fans highway signage program? If not Laura, maybe Adam Schiff aka “The Commie Hunter” or CNN’s Brian Stelter.  Talk about two escapees from a carnival sideshow…

ASIDE: This Brian Stelter character with CNN… put aside his terminal Trump-Hate for a second. I know some sorta kinda cool folks who HateTrump with the heat of 1,000 suns. Put that aside… put aside that Stelter is a dead ringer for George Brian StelterCostanza…

Your high school – EVERYBODY’s high school – had “a Brian Stelter”. He was the “kinda strange kid” that even the geeky guys in the A-V Club thought was weird. Whether he “ate boogers” or not, everyone assumed he probably did. He still has acute “climb the rope” terrors from Jr Hi PE… yes, Brian went into a toilet stall to change out for PE. … And don’t even ask about those “two weeks at summer camp”.

I hear Brooke “Boobs” Baldwin once left a rubber snake in Brian’s chair and it required a tranquilizer dart to peel him off the ceiling… Everybody knew “a Brian Stelter” in high school…

Admit it…   You are surprised I think Laura Ingraham’s “shut up and dribble” comment to Lebron James was INCREDIBLY STOOPID? Why?… it was.

I got no love for “King” James. He, Coach “Pop” and Steve Kerr have been off my Christmas card list for a long time… if I had a Christmas card list.

Lebron read his “Trump is an F-in Racist who hates all black folks” comment off the cue card handed to every NBA and NFL player … and then Laura Ingraham made sure 95% of Earth’s population heard it… and her “shut up… and dribble” comment. STOOPID!

OK… lets get to this NCDOT MEGA-SNAFU over those UNC National Champions signs.….

LINK TO … Really Stoopid Highway Sign Idea.

I GUARANTEE if The N&O (are you listening “Damn Dan”?) digs deep enough…

…a 50-ish pudgy pig-faced UNC Tru Blue jackass is involved in this somehow. Pudgy Guy

You all know “this guy” too.

He was Brian Stelter’s only friend in high school. He worships St Dean… He is sure all “State fans” drive tractors… and believes Coach K is Satan’s acolyte. His daddy got him some mid-level do-nothing job with the NCDOT… or maybe Daddy paid for his election to the NCGA from “Some Where” County where he is on some silly committee in charge of Really Stoopid Bad Ideas. It truly doesn’t matter if he is an “R” or a “D”. He is a freakin’loser… and always will be.

He got to sit “in the lower level” for 10 minutes back in 2003 for a pre-season game against the Iceland Olympic team… then an usher made him leave.  He took a selfie as they hauled him out.  He framed it.

That’s the guy that thought putting UNC National Champions highway signs anywhere near PNC arena or anywhere in West Raleigh was a good idea… actually putting them anywhere other than the I-85 Exits to Chapel Hill.  He figured if he could pull this off, maybe at least one UNC coed in the past 30 years would think he was “cool”.

I really really hope “my buddy Chansky” was not involved.  Maybe Deborah Crowder?

Yes, UNC won the 2017 National Championship. No one refutes that. Yes, South Carolina did some signage program for Clemson’s FB NC… maybe for USC Women’s BB NC too. Maybe Idaho and Maine did too… doesn’t matter.

Sticking those signs under the noses of “State fans” was NOT a good idea… it was an AWFUL idea. Every bit as AWFUL as Laura Ingraham’s “… just dribble” comment.   This gives “tone deaf” a whole new meaning!

“Pudgy 50-ish pig-faced loser guy” needs to be found and dragged out to be hung upside from that pedestrian bridge over I-85 at South Pointe. You know the one. Let him dangle for at least three days minimum. Hang him low enough so that every 18-wheeler whacks his pudgy loser body…

So there. If I don’t hear from NIT STAN and Radio Smuggles within one hour from this being posted, I’ll be shocked.

… And not one mention of Baseball.

######

If you enjoyed this…

2,000 more BobLeeSays commentaries – LINK.

For partisan political commentaries….

AgentPierceSaid… LINK         /    SoTheBlondeSaid…. LINK

FWIW… Blondie’s column that just went up Monday AM has gone viral.  If you’re interested.

• Colonel Batguano Reply

It’s gone.

Yes, I just saw the tweet. DOT has 65,000 perps all caught “red-handed” claiming they did it. Like the final scene in Spartacus… “I did it” … “No, I did it”… “No, I did it”… … …

Signs are sort of dumb. In FL for a brief repas and meetings and visiting friends. Will look for one when I clear South of the Border….or where UNC recruited profs for Uncle J and Deborah.
      Funniest story and headline of the day and I was really waiting for the BL columns…..Louisville VACATES NCAA championship and all the revenue from all the games. GIVE ME A BREAK (stronger language would be used on AP’s site). All the laddies and their daddies got was a little stimulation. It weren’t like the entire faculty and staff of a certain department schemed to come up with a way to stay in school.
      Jocks need female companionship. It was the Sweet Carolines PRIOR to the advent of the REAL sexual revolution. SO WHY is getting a little paid for companionship (although you have to stand in line) such a big deal?
      The ESPN community was abuzz about such last night. NCAA this and NCAA that…..all I wanted was to watch the NCSU v. BC game and come away happy. NOT the pontification. If I wanted Pontification, would watch Congress on C-SPAM….or listen to some of the CNN jocks.
      What say you, Bro BL? Waiting for a real gonad twister….
      I DO realize that LJ got a LOT of publicity….but I also think that the NBA lose viewership. Was visiting an ex submariner and his American Legion post. They watched VERY LITTLE football and the usual “Super Bowl Hype”. They tuned out. Only the Pittsburg Steelers got watched….everything else was sort of “ain’t got time”. We are losing a great generation and replacing it with YouTube performers that think cardboard will work as Kevlar and stop a Dirty Harry 44 Magnum…..

• 72Packer Reply

I learned about the signs on-line, and as a Wolfpacker, thought it was in poor taste and a waste of money. But the underlying reason has to do with low self-esteem and a need yet defined. Maybe this is to offset the academic missteps at UNC, girding athletics for twenty plus years. It’s sorta pathetic.

You might be over-analyzing it a bit much… but. I suspect someone (a UNC partisan) w/ DOT or in the NCGA heard about SoCar and said “why not us?” I’m pretty sure the Clemson sign is not near the USC campus. The question now is will anything be done about it? It will be simple to remove the offending signs … relocating them to the immediate UNC / Chapel Hill area. Will it happen ???? They were NOT placed near NC State by accident. THAT is a certainty.

• Porgie Reply

As I was coming into Raleigh at midday yesterday listening to DG and his usual pontification opening monologue of 20 minutes while taking only one breath, my inclination was to change the station. But he made mention of an upcoming segment on the basketball capital of the universe- our beloved Kinston. More on that later. Did I mention his lovely and talented wife and that he is a lawyer? As I passed the formentioned sign, I gave it the appropriate double hand single finger salute that it deserves. Just another example of the snobbery detested by so many of unc-ch fans. I did notice that the area around it did leave itself to some clandestine operation where it could be taken out. Maybe like some group from many years ago that would ‘attack’ watermelon patches at night to harvest a few goodies. Whata ya say!! I expect any day now to hear of some defacing if not removal.
      Saw BK at NC State baseball yesterday. He is recovering nicely.

For those of you with politically prurient tastes… AgentPierce has just posted his version of what I just said above. Bless his heart, he aims at a nichier audience segment. But its fun as hell…

• Robedixon Reply

Yeah those signs were put up by the same people who think we need those damn roundabouts at every intersection in the state. Oh you do know they got those chocolate eggos too? Helps with subsistence diets.

Remember that old Kingston Trio song – Charlie on The MTA – imagine Poor Charlie on a roundabout… “he’ll ride forever…”

• Ben in MO Reply

Rotaries, roundabouts, traffic circles, whatever they are called, are a problem here in MO as well. My guess is that some politician’s uncle Joe owns a construction company that specializes in them. My concern is that using them is asking people who don’t know how to negotiate a four-way stop are now being asked to handle them on the move. Not something that inspires confidence.

Pick three people at random and ask them “the rules for a rotary” and you get three different answers. Guaranteed demolition derby !!!

• Former96Heel

Randleman installed some of these beautiful traffic circles a few years ago, only to discover the radius was too tight for their fire engines to get through. They literally had to tear them out as soon as they opened, but instead of remaking a standard 4 way stop, they just made a larger circle.
              Thoroughly convinced UNC Highway Safety Research Center in CH must have a hot memo out on these things being the savior of saviors. That and Federal $ will have bored DOT districts wasting money all over the place.

IMO State fans should keep the heat on DOT via some influential alums to resolve this. Galoots on fan sites won’t do it.
              I think a rotary at Franklin & Columbia in CH would be “interesting”.

• Former96Heel Reply

I’ve chuckled at these signs almost everyday as I cross into SC. Yes, Clemson and USC have theirs, but there is not one for Coastal’s baseball win a couple of years ago. I am guessing this may be more than one pudgy 50’s guy, and an entire appropriations committee full of them. Snorting as they tell the other half, who are undoubtedly equally in orbit for the other team, ‘yea, we’ll put them up for you too when you win one’. Coastal no doubt, did not have a stacked committee like Clemson or USC.
      Meanwhile in SC, the gas tax went up this year. Glad we have signs around telling us USC-Aiken won the men’s golf championship in 1998. Take those, and the All-American city signs, all of them down.
      My Brian Stelter exposure is limited to this site, and people’s Twitter reactions to him. I only see CNN in airports. I honestly thought he was a SNL character playing a media figure. I was hoping hyperbole was going to play itself out before 2018, but I’m guessing we have to go through mental breakdowns first before the other half of America accepts the she lost in Nov 2016.

CNN has not invaded my Flat Screens in over a decade. Me and “Very Creepy Brian” only meet on Twitter where I can wear a HazMat suit.
        EXCELLENT point about Coastal Carolina and their Omaha Win last year. And they ARE a part of the SoCar University system… equivalent to ECU or AppState winning a NC in NC. Lets blame it on Lindsay Graham for lots of obvious reasons.

• Former96Heel Reply

2 States, 4 R’s in the Senate, and I wouldn’t so much as shake hands with 3 of them for various reasons. The 2 in NC, I would worry my wallet would get lifted. Tim Scott, some days makes me a little proud, others has me scratching my head. Why can’t these states nominate decent candidates?
          I have a theory that Lindsay Graham and Chanc Chihuahua were a lab experiment gone awry. Someone doubled the ambition ingredient and halved the growth hormone by mistake.

Lindsay’s dream is to as despised among his own camp as John McCain. He’s getting there. I, too, am no fan of Burr nor Tillis.

• MaHa Reply

BL, Girl in my high school class DID eat boogers. In class for Gods sake. Weirdest thing I ever saw. Never forgot it. Maha.

We had this big ol’gal who would brush her hair over a sheet of notebook paper then lick up the dandruff. Really, she was sooo freakin’ strange even the local Sisters of Sappho wouldn’t take her. … I heard recently she was named Regional Director of Democrat Women For Oprah 2020……

• Terri.93 Reply

BL, I don’t know what you’re smoking, but, dude, you are “on a roll”. Keep on keepin’ on…

Not smoking, not even “rabbit tobacco”. Is there still such a thing as “rabbit tobacco”? … BUT, Blondie has been up in Far Away Wisconsin for the past month playing “Grand Nanny” to The World’s Most Awesome Twins … and I’m here at BLSays HQ subsisting on a strict regimen of Eggo Waffles and Diet Mountain Dew. Maybe that is having an effect?

• Frank.Linstreet Reply

“Legend”, I have a serious question for you. Is “what Laura Ingraham said” any stoopider than “what Joy Bahar said”?
      I look forward to your answer.

Yo “Frank”; haven’t heard from you in awhile. Don’t be a stranger. Oh and by the way… please DO NOT ask “serious questions” here. You know better.
        Viewed side by side the answer is “No” Laura’s and Joy’s stoopid comments are equally stoopid. Here’s the difference, I know you mean Joy’s “Christians are mentally ill” jab at VP Pence. I know that because “stoopid comments” are a hobby of mine. But some would ask “which stoopid comment by Joy?” since she spews them out weekly. Laura OTOH pisses libs all the time but not via incredibly stoopid comments. Ergo, everyone knows which stoopid comment we are talking about.
        Oddly, I just received a rough draft from AgentPierce of a column he will post later today on this subject. I won’t steal his best lines but with the likes of Joy Bahar, Maxine, Sheila J-Lee, Chelsea Handler, “Meathead”, Michael Moore and that ilk… narrowing down The 25 Stoopidest THings ______ Ever Said is like “Who’s Your Favorite Bond Girl”. Everyone’s list would be different but none are wrong. … I hope this helps you curiosity.

• Radio_Smuggles Reply

Sorry I’m late. R_S is preoccupied binge watching gangsta rap videos of your hometown to be concerned with road signs, Laura Ingraham, or her new mandingo interest. After under-covering the video I also unearthed another local treasure called The East Bright St Cowboy on You Tube. He’s the “black” Butch and likely an advisor to the newly local elected mayor and city council. The numerous missing front teeth is a nice touch and gives TEBC instant street cred.

Nothing can save overzealous hoops fans. Only Vivian putting up a takeout joint near Mitchell Wooten Court, a series of napalm strikes, or a border wall can save Kinston, Gary In, Detroit, or Newark.

YIKES… I saw “that video” yesterday. No clue what the context is. Has it been up very long? Yes, my first thought was “is this the newly elected City Council?” OUCH! I hope the East Bright Street Cowboys don’t get their own PBS series like Vivian. Not sure that would help Kinston rise from the doldrums of a sixty year decline.
        A recent list of NC’s Fifty Safest Cities did NOT include Kinston. I’m guessing that being the East Coast Regional HQ for “the Jamaican Mafia” had something to do with that. OUCH again.

• Radio_Smuggles Reply

My apologies for the pre-dawn, pre-coffee, rant which failed to point out that Jim Hunt’s Global TransPark now led by Mayor Emeritus Allen Thomas will solve, once and for all, Kinston’s 60 year self inflicted decline. How could I miss that?

Howsabout lining the runway with Meth Labs for Just In Time shipments globally ???

• Lakepacker Reply

You can find a hundred of those guys with that mentality in Walmart at any time.

Who bothers to count’em?

• fayettewuf Reply

What is the budget for maintaining those signs? I do not condone vandalism nor painting graffiti, but I do not give those signs long. Is it illegal to put auxiliary signs on the same post? Maybe one extolling their getting off probation by SACS or one about the NCAA’s we just don’t have a rule covering a university selling out academics statement.

I envision roving PPride spec ops teams fanning out across the state with chainsaws and red paint cans.

• Frank'82 Reply

BL. this one was full of nuclear sledge hammers, but my favorite is “Sheila Jackson-Lee wants to know…” That was like a prison shiv in the carotid… quiet but deadly.

“….a shiv in the carotid” ?? I like it.

• TheCowdog Reply

WTH took ya so long?

I was on a conference call with Rob Manfred… he tends to ramble.

• NITStan Reply

HELLO that Fat Man needs to sit in the pout house and think that one over a bit. Bad idea. BAD idea.

You made it with 45 minutes to spare, Stan. You da man!

• Zoot Reply

I don’t need it taken down. Can we at least put the Roger Maris asterisk on it?

The asterisks probably belong on 2005 and 2009.

• Zoot Reply

There actions from that time, 18 Million Dollars and The NCAA’s blessing emboldened the culture for the 2016 Villanova loss and the 2017 Championship. Asterisk applies.

OK. Call Mark Emmerett (?) at NCAA. He is always looking for advice.

• Nacho Reply

As far as I’m concerned, every win from when the cheating started until the end of time needs as asterisk. They’re allowed to recruit based on the wins, championships, and prestige that they obtained fraudulently. Once a cheater always a cheater in my book.

• Tommy.R Reply

Oh my.. I had to stop and catch my breath after the Brian Stelter bit … then you got me again with “pudgy 50-ish loser guy”. My wife wanted to call 911. BL, do you need a permit to post a column like this one. Dude, you are dangerous. LOVE IT!

Can I take that as a “yes” you knew guys like Brian and “pudgy loser-guy” in high school? We all did.