BL: I am soooo OVER The Silent Sam Thing… and more

Silent Sam
    July31/ 2018

BLS Header

Political Temperature of this column is… “about a 6 or 7 on a 10 scale”

I am sooooo OVER The Silent Sam Thing … plus more

If “Sam” wasn’t “silent” where would HE say he prefers to be? If he’s like me… Chapelboro / UNCCH would be about the LAST PLACE Sam would want to be.

NOTE: For anyone not aware, I estranged myself from my alma mater for various reasons 6-8 years ago. Their overt political bias became unbearable… and the whole TGU crap. I knew they were running a scam for years. Their arrogant refusal to ‘fess up was IT for me.

Keeping Silent Sam prominently on the UNC campus simply to piss off the permanently pissed-off local mangy mob of human hairballs seems a cruel thing to do to “Sam”. He deserves better.  On the hallowed ground at Bentonville Battlefield or wherever.

Between Governor Ray/Roy “Chicken” Cooper… a “feckless” UNC Board of Trustees… and a gaggle of Alfred E. Neumans pretending to be a Board of Governors… and, of course, Chancellor Chihuahua… there is not a teaspoon of common sense and leadership in the whole kit and kaboodle.

Among the 40 or so “Board members” there’s is a handful I actually respect. The rest bought their way on those boards as “obituary fodder”.

By the end of August, The Siege of Silent Sam will have passed The Trojan War in duration… with no end in sight.

And then there’s the rabid mob of goggle-eyed Franklin Street dimwits posing for media B-roll once a month. ….“SSam” deserves better.

My hometown – Kinston – has it’s own “Sam”. For many many decades he stood in Emma Webb Park at the top of Queen Street Hill with the inscription …

Not For Wages…

Not For Glory…

Twas for Home & Right They Fell.

In the very very early days of “the Internet” (early 2000s) the #1 topic of hot daily debate was The Real Cause of The Civil War… blah blah blah yadda freakin’ yadda until around 3 AM each morning. The self-declared “winner” was whoever got in the last “gotcha” when his opponent fell asleep at his keyboard. Humanity has NOT advanced much further since those days… sigh.

About ten years ago he was moved out on the Hwy 70 By-Pass about a ¼ mile from Neuse Sport Shop where everyone headed to “da Beach” can ride by and say “Hey look there’s a Confederate soldier statue.”

I’m surprised the local activists haven’t targeted him yet.  Most of Kinston’s “activists” are mules for Jamaican drug cartels.  Guess they don’t give a flip about Confederate soldier statues.

I am not insensitive to monuments and memorials. Being reminded of history is supposed to prevent us from repeating historical blunders. But with liberals controlling public & higher education and revising history to fit their goofy agenda sort of negates history’s value.

Q: But BobLee, what will the whiney Franklin Street motley mob do without “SSam” to whine about?

A: Not to worry. That bunch can find stoopid crap to whine about like a pig roots out truffles. I figure they’ll go after the Choo Choo Justice statue outside of Kenan Stadium. It could help if someone can discover Charlie “Choo Choo” was a pedophile. That might spare him. … Then they’ll go after “the holy banners in the rafters”. All the ones for “straight white guys” are DOOMED.

My simple solution is to set off a suitcase nuke at The Old Water Fountain. Pack enough plutonium in that sucker to obliterate about a seven mile radius.

I know about 25-30 folks over yonder worth saving. Allow for maybe another 30 decent human beings I haven’t met yet. Give me two hours to evacuate all of them THEN…

BOOM

“SSam” will be happy with his Johnny Reb buddies down at Bentonville.  Orange County might be safe enough to re-inhabitate in 40-50 years.   If not… who cares?

More,

Whatever happened to A.J. “Tony” Tata?

…. Brigadier General (Ret) A.J. “Tony” Tata arrived in Raleigh in 2010 as Superintendent of Wake County Tony TataSchools. The News & Observer painted a bullseye on him from the get-go as did Raleigh’s notorious ITB “inner circle” of liberal hard-liners, trust funders and assorted silver spoons. General Tata was a Republican. Uh Oh!

From 2010 to 2012 The Great Wake County School Board War waged 24/7/365 fueled by carpet-bombing hit pieces byThe N&O & its Lib/Dem Cartel.

Tata’s survival odds were slim & none.  He helped by having a few kinda kinky “character flaws”. Those “flaws” did not keep Governor PatMc from appointing him Secretary of Transportation.

Alas… Those “flaws” did resurface and General Tata’s career as a government bureaucrat was toe-tagged. … BUT WAIT… There’s More…

Tony” became A.J. Tata and began a career as an action-adventure novelist… and a pretty damn good one too.

He has completed a dozen or so books in two series. I am through the first three of his Jake Mahegan series. Retired Army Ranger “Jake” is a “Jack Reacher-kick ass & take names-type”… and a mighty fine “Reacher-type” he is.

If you like “Reacher” and novels by Brad Thor and the late Vince Flynn and by Stephen Hunter, I recommend Tata’s Jake Mahegan series of four novels.

Jake (a half-breed descendant of Manteo’s Croatan tribe!) saves America from assorted global terrorists plots in each book…

BUT… each of, at least, the first three all take place in/around Eastern North Carolina… VERY cool!

The first one – Foreign & Domestic – takes place on The Outer Banks.

The second one – Three Minutes to Midnight – takes place right ‘cher in Wake / Chatham County. … a terrorist plot to blow up Shearon Harris Nuclear Plant via a bogus fracking operation.

OH … OH… Jake gets picked up hitch hiking by a guy FROM KINSTON named “Bernie”. “Bernie” tells him about all the crooked politicians in Raleigh. No, my infamous cuzzin is not named.

Scenes include a brothel operating on Raleigh’s Ridge Road… Jake’s barn apartment in Apex… crooked politicians (duh!)… a crooked Raleigh PD detective… and four kick-ass lesbians from Chapel Hill of course who hate “fracking”. Tata named one of the kick-ass lesbians after a notorious NCGA lobbyist (YIKES!).

The third book – Besieged – takes place in Wilmington (where Tata now lives) as Middle Eastern Terrorists plot to Nuke the Eastern Seaboard using an autistic girl who is a computer savant.

There is always a winsome hottie with toned arms and abs who often “surfs”. There is sexual tension twixt Jake and said hottie; but, like with Reacher, Jake moves on when the terrorists are thwarted… usually involving slitting throats or breaking necks.

I suspect Book Four is locally-based too. Tata’s books really are great reads (or listens) if you are into that genre. The local settings make them especially fun to read. I will jump into Tata’s other similar series next week. … A.J. Tata … check him out.

Trea Turner – A former NC State baseball star … Trea Turner

…now starting shortstop for the Washington Nationals is in Hot Water.

The latest gimmick to destroy personal reputations of athletes, entertainers, politicians, ministers and pretty much anyone IS… dig up old tweets that are of a racist, homophobic, xenophobic, misogynist nature… and/or indicate support of President Trump.

Expose whoever can be linked to said tweets regardless of how old the tweets are or how old the tweeter was when he tweeted them, assuming he really did… and hopefully destroy his life.

With Trea Turner the tweets are from 2011-2012 when he was 17-18 and leaving high school for NC State… LINK. … They are dumb stoopid crap that 17-18 y/os guys have said for hundreds of years… long before Twitter came along.

That Trea Turner is NC State’s Trea Turner is irrelevant. He could just as easily be Ryan Switzer or Mitch Trebisky or the UNC Basketball guy with the eyebrows or Duke’s Grayson Allen Grayson or a Plumlee brother. It could be them next week. “White guys” are especially vulnerable because… well. They ARE “white guys” and it is 2018 and…

The story “broke” on Sunday. Turner immediately issued the obligatory “I’m sorry… I was dumb and stupid and I … (wish you had not found those tweets).”

His employer – The Washington Nationals -issued the standard “We didn’t know about this… and we don’t hate faggots and gays and stuff like that… and we don’t think Trea does any more either.”

This incident is the 4th or 5th one involving pro athletes… there will be others… maybe many others. Turner will be required to take – drumroll please – “sensitivity training” – which likely won’t change his socio-cultural opinions at all but will emphasize the very real dangers of tweeting.

What’s puzzling about all this is… whereas all these uncovered tweets are from 6-8-10 years ago, there are knuckleheads RIGHT NOW posting equally damaging stuff on Twitter totally oblivious to how danger it is / will be to their futures.

If you insist on going on twitter and spewing hateful toxic obscenities you better be a goggle-eyed rabid liberal screaming about Donald Trump (or John Kavanaugh) and their families… or else you could get in real trouble.

We are living in very very dangerous troubling times.

THAT’S ALL FOR NOW…

Next Time.

IF You “Do Twitter”… Follow BobLee at @BobLeeSays

2,000 more BobLeeSays commentaries – LINK

• Stan Reply

Bob—Other than Tom Fetzer, does anyone on the UNC trustees or the Board of Governors have any idea what they are doing? Mr. Fetzer seems to be the only one who even begins to understand his role. What can be done at this point? Does the legislature no longer care?

(1) Tom likes the publicity and notoriety from The N&O even though it is always negative… (2) There actually are several solid BOG members but it is very difficult to get anything done within such a large group… which is exactly how Bill Friday wanted it.

• Wild at Heart Reply

I enjoyed “Three Minutes to Midnight” but ˆthink mainly because it is always fun to read fiction that references places you know so well. Regarding everything else, it is ashame that people get so offended these days. I would hate for someone to have recorded everything I said in high school. People do change and I am a testiment to that.

My BIG question is why do rap “artist” seem to get a pass? I am much more offended by the “B” word or “C” word because it is just as degrading and offensive, but the “N” word is all through the few “songs” I have heard. I am not on social media much so maybe someone has come up with an explanation.

Enjoy your writing as always. I just don’t comment much on anything these days.

My answer to your question is… “they” have Reparational Immunity to say / do pretty much ANYTHING regardless how offensive. I think LBJ snuck that into the Civil Rights Act when no one was looking. Personally I don’t think being overtly obscene advances their “cause” any more than “kneeling” has; but I’m just a wise guy with a website.
        Good to know you’re still out there. Hope business is good!

• Bill Brockman Reply

I may have posted this observation here already, so I apologize in advance if that’s the case. Still, since former (how good it is to say that) Mayor Landrieu concluded that he might gain stature in the Democratic Party by removing Confederate monuments in my home town, New Orleans, it has seemed to me that: 1. He is right in thinking that Robert E. Lee (an ancestor of mine, by the way–seriously) and P.G.T. Beauregard were very flawed individuals; 2. It is wrong to have monuments of very flawed individuals in public places; 3. With one exception, every man (in the traditional usage of the word so as to include women) who ever walked the face of the earth has been flawed, most of us deeply; 4. Therefore, the only monuments we should erect in public places are of that one exception, Jesus of Nazareth.

How’s that for a politically correct syllogism?

Re that State baseball player, I can only observe that it is a very good thing that 50 years ago when I was 18 there was no internet to preserve forever the dumb things that I thought, said and/or did!

• 58 Wolf Kennel Reply

Again, excellent writing verbiage and style wrapped around consistent attitudes. Agree with you on Silent Sam should have a say on where he stands.
      Never had much use for Tata from day 1, and not on “political” grounds.
      Feel bad for Trea Turner. Of course we got him straightened out at NC State, and he graces the cover of this quarter’s Alumni Magazine. Nevertheless, I hope there’s nothing in my previous writings or speeches that would embarrass me.
      Of course, my current negative rants on Trump are so sincerely felt that I don’t care about what others think anymore. His authoritarian ambitions run totally counter to my career fighting in the cold war nor his extreme narcissistic personality wrapped ignorance and incivility. I’ll proudly stand with this country’s 65% people who are also unhappy with him.

Tony had “baggage”; but regardless as one of The N&O staunchest disciples I am not surprised you “had no use for him from day 1”.
        As for anyone’s writings or speeches coming back to embarrass / haunt them, that seems to depend totally upon who is doing the investigating as we are witnessing with Muellar & his cronies relative to Mrs Clinton’s and BHO’s closets full o’ very yucky skeletons.
        You and your 65% ??? That must be you and your fellow Morning Joe disciples ?? Ol’ MoJoe blew past “unhinged” about a year ago. He’s off-the-chart now…. YEEEE HAAAA! BTW… what ever happened with that dead intern found in Joe Scarborough’s office? Did Mika “do it”?

There will always be plenty of solutions in search of problems no matter what.

That sounds like a Butch-ism ?

• TheCowdog Reply

BL…Pretty short sighted, but that’s still cool in my books.

As long as you’re cool.

• Former96heel Reply

The Old Water Fountain. That made my year in blsays media.
      Do they have watercolor prints I could proudly display in my office? It may as well be a fire hydrant, that thing has been relieved upon so much over the years.

There is a picture I used a lot during the eight years of TGU of Damn Dan Kane and TOW in a split screen.

• DM Carpenter Reply

BL:
      Your piece on SS is perfect.

I had to say it. What a total train wreck of a mess. Misplayed by EVERY single individual and entity involved on all sides. Almost as much of a train wreck as the Kaeper Kneelers.

• Frank.Linstreet Reply

I LOVE IT! SSam doesn’t want to be in that Lib Hell Hole. Why would anyone of sound mind given a choice? Yes, there are many in America today not of sound mind.
      Free Silent Sam to live out eternity with his fallen comrades at Bentonville or similar site.
      Yes… too many UNC board members “buy their positions” for obituary fodder. I will steal that phrase by the way.

Makes total sense to me… but what do I know ???

• Porgie Reply

Back in the day, pre 911 for emergency, rumor has it, a call was made to the K-town police dept in a very excited voice, “ There’s a man with a gun on the corner across the street from the Park Theater”. Of course, they responded only to find the only man with a gun was the statue.

Even if that is just “local legend” it’s a good one. 🙂

• WHeyward Johnson Reply

I’ll be glad to help negotiate your salary requirements when the Nats General Manager comes calling.

MLB GMs are like Major College ADs… easy targets for sniping fans all of whom believe THEY should have that job…

• TheCowdog Reply

“If you insist on going on twitter and spewing hateful toxic obscenities you better be a goggle-eyed rabid liberal talking about Donald Trump (or John Kavanaugh) and their families… or else you could get in real trouble.”
      That’s rich, my friend. Especially since we both know who the Goggled-Eyed -In- Chief of this dangerous world is.
      Turner was high profile enough in High School to know better. Thank goodness, hower, social media consisted of 8x11s in an envelope during our day.
      Gotta go for now. Coverage from a rally of raging rightsters from Florida is coming up. 🙂

Cowdog, you and I agree on pretty much Absolutely Nothing… not involving “Coach”. I don’t see that ever changing.