EUREKA! The Final Solution for UNCCH

SilentSam UNC
    October10/ 2018

BLSays logo

EUREKA: The Final Solution… for UNC

If you think this column has ANYTHING to do with UNC FB or MBB… Boy are you going to be disappointed,

So I was having a “catch-up” lunch with a dear friend at Coquettes in Raleigh’s North Hills . It had been waaay too long (several years) so it took us three hours just to hit the high spots of all our topics… both personal and of global impact.

If you were at Coquettes around noon and saw two fellas over in a corner laughing their butts off… that was us. Yes, those two guys wearing Groucho glasses. That’s “incognito”.

Among our shared interests is observing the 24/7 Circus known as UNC-Chapel Hill. We have both been backstage at that 24/7 Circus of Academic Absurdum enough to appreciate what a Faux Intellectual Dumpster Fire it can be.

We discussed (1) UNC’s Latest Celebrity (?) i.e. The Kavanaugh Accuser… (2) the foolishness over Not Kenan The White Supremacist Memorial Stadium and, of course, (3) The Plight of Silent Sam.  Something he said re: SSam triggered a thought for me… I pondered that thought a few minutes and…

EUREKA!  I HAVE THE SOLUTION!

According to The Friends of SSam, the statue was NOT a tribute to “slavery”; but rather a memorial to The Sons of UNC who died in The War Between The States.  OK.

The 100 or so mini-mob of spittle-spewing obscenity-screeching anarchists, of course, say it “celebrates enslavement of black people”.  OK.

What to do ?? If the South Building Wizards of Smarts try to “put SSam back where he was”… SSam WILL be toppled again as soon as the 24/7 Security is relaxed.

Trying to hide SSam anywhere on campus will cause an Anarchists’ Scavenger Hunt to find him and desecrate him again simply “because” that’s what anarchists do.

Anarchists don’t work or contribute squat to society or bathe regularly. Their only purpose is to try to make everyone else’s Life as miserable as theirs.

BobLee’s Eureka Solution is to commission some sort of physical monument or memorial or statuary that…

Honors ALL UNC students and/or faculty who have died in Any and All wars and conflicts since UNC was founded in 1789.

Every war/conflict from War of 1812… WBTS… Spanish Amer… WWI… WW2… Korea… VietNam… all the Middle East stuff… Afghanistan… ad infinitum. Don’t list’em. Just say “all” so the question of Granada doesn’t become an issue.

Men/women/tranys/gays/black/white et al that died in any conflict… even if they choked on a chicken bone at the KFC at Ft Bragg.

The physical structure will NOT be a soldier or involve weapons or “military stuff”. It could be an obelisk or an orb or some weird modern art crap that only the sculptor has a clue – “Man’s Eternal Conflict”… whatever. It will not “glorify War” or the 2nd Amendment or the NRA but:

All UNC students & faculty that died in the service of their country.

Include some Peace Corps kid that got hit by a bus in Mozambique. Don’t list all the names on a plaque. Just say they are in a book in the library. The scroungy anarchists won’t have a clue where that is.

Ship SSam hisownself down to Bentonville Battlefield to spend Eternity with his comrades-in-arms.  NOT with a bunch of feckless snowflakes and scraggly anarchists.

I’ve looked at this BRILLIANT IDEA from every angle and IT WORKS.

I ran it by Blondie.   Her “solution of choice” involves “nuking” all of Orange County and most of Durham too. I’m trying to avoid that if possible. It may not be.

More.

Speaking of UNC CH… surely you saw / heard about “That Ford Woman” AKA The Kavanaugh Accuser (UNC’88) being NOMINATED for a Distinguished UNC Alumni Award. … step back off the ledge. Ford Accuser

LINK…

Being “NOMINATED” simply means some goggle-eyed spittle-spewing Trump-hatin’ nitwit UNCCH alumni wrote a letter suggesting UNCCH oughta do that.

Said “nitwit” made sure WRAL and The N&O got copies of that letter so they could MAKE A REALLY BIG DEAL OF IT… which, of course, they immediately did… DUH!

As of this posting neither UNCCH Chancellor Chihuahua nor any of her minions nor any rich white folks on the UNC BOT have commented on the “nomination” or “if it has effected recruiting”.  Nor do they ever have to except the regional media will hound them to do so.

UNC System Prez “Ma” Spellings nor any rich white folks on the BOG have commented on the “nomination” nor do they have to either.

You or I could “nominate” Marvin Austin, PJ Hairston and Rashad McCants for such a distinguished award. Neither WRAL not The N&O would report it… but Dan Kane would send me an email and we’d share a few laugSuellenEvanshs.

NOTE:  If UNC is looking for a real worthy nominee, I suggest: Suellen Evans – UNC coed murdered in UNC’s Coker Arboretum in July 1965.  Her murder is still unsolved.  To my knowledge no one ran a $1,000,000 GoFundMe for Suellen Evans.  And we know FOR A FACT she actually was murdered.

Ergo… DO NOT burn your UNCCH diploma YET. If you haven’t already burned it over the past 30-40 years, wait a few weeks. FWIW… I misplaced mine 30 years ago and have suffered no ill effects from doing so.

Ms. Prof Ford apparently bragged of having 64 sexual partners thru high school and at UNCCH. Wonder how many of her 64 would show up IF she gets this “distinguished alumni award”?

A classmate of Ford’s says her favorite Franklin Street “pick-up bar” was He’s Not Here. A LOT of “distinguished UNC alumni” might say that.

IF anyone of any influence at UNC-CH does pursue formally honoring a previously totally obscure former UNC student for her part in a Democratic Smear Plot, I will let you know and you can THEN burn your diploma or whatever.

Oh!  I have also suggested that it might help Ms Prof Ford’s nomination if she…

Claims Silent Sam might have assaulted her in 1987 but she’s not sure when, where or if he did or not. “The media” will slobber all over themselves.

Neither WRAL nor The N&O have reported that suggestion of mine either.

Our delightful 3-hour “catch-up” lunch at Coquettes covered lots of other cool topics too. I encourage everyone to have “catch-up lunches” with old friends… with or without the Groucho glasses.

Next Time

• UNCBlue Reply

Great work BL.
      The Shack was gone by the time Ford 64 came to UNC.
      I do not doubt some promiscuity by Ford due to lack of info on her but 64 is quite a high number. Would imagine we would have heard more about her if true. I have seen picture of her at SAE house party. No one remembers her though.
      Please keep us updated on Ford 64!

That “64” info came via twitter from the same group of “beach friends” that supplied 93% of the other “facts” that were used in Ford V Kavanaugh. FWIW.. It did supposedly count BOTH her high school & college activities. My personal knowledge of Chapel Hill “pick-up bars” is as limited as my knowledge of how improbable 64 sex partners would be in 1988. Ms Dr Ford appears to have disappeared from “the news”. I assume she is wherever Omarosa was sent to once her usefulness had been used up.

• Thomas Paine (Common Sense) Reply

Silent Sam never made any noise until he was toppled by the noise-makers of Hill. My solution is to put it on top of the Bell Tower and see if they can topple the whole thing.

I love it. Like Ben Franklin on top of Philly City Hall. YES!

• Sheri.75 Reply

Does Mr. Kennel get his political insights from Joy Behar and Jimmy Kimmel?

HAA! Possibly. I know he watches Morning Joe religiously. Beyond that I can’t say.

• 58 Wolf Kennel Reply

BL. still haven’t heard any substantiation of Ford 64. I didn’t buy anything hook, line, and sinker; and you don’t have to tell me anything about the Easter Bunny at any age.
      Always recognize you have the last word here, but you might be more judicious in expressing it. I guess that is a personal statement, but I have some personal friends brought to your blog who wonder as well.
      What did you think of Grizzard’s “Last Confederate Soldier” piece?

I had heard that Grizzard piece. All his stuff is classic.
        Bob, your opinions on anything “political” (which is a very broad category these days) matter as much to me as my opinions should matter to you and your friends – not much… and my friends agree with me. So, there we are. You oughta call Carol Folt and indicate your overwhelming support for Dr Ford being a UNC Distinguished Alumni. I’m sure Carol will welcome your opinion and support.
        FWIW, I lost a few UNC friends over my comments on The Great Unpleasantness. If I lose a few BobKennel Friends over my comments re: Dr Ford, I will just have to muddle along… In 20 years of this column, I’ve learned to “muddle along” really well.

Your update email got lost when ATT threw out my main email PW

Good column.

I was in Raleigh in 1965. I worked for WRAL. Our crack well placed police reporters knew more about criminal investigations than the Chiefs. Nobody saw anything. Nobody could prove a thing. Memory says that it was a dead end investigation from the get go. Really sad.
      Sort of like the pregnant mom N&O carrier killed at the Exxon convenience store across from the Farmers Market. I predict that your GK’s might be blogging about this 70 years from now.
      As to “LUCKY 64 I CAN’T REMEMBER FECES AS I WAS ALWAYS DRUNK….” Ford lady, she has less credibility than Chuck or Jack and Dianne (Two American kids doing the best they can). Give her an award. Erect a brass statue of her on SS’s base.
      I did note that Chancellor Chihuahua (miss blue smurfette) totally apologized for having any link to slavery. I guess that means that all the Chapel Hill funds provided by the Kenans and Carr’s and such be sold and passed out to any person of color or has colored DNA.
      Drive on

I recall that N&O carrier murder over by Farmers Market. Had small children at home as I recall. Tragic.
        I will be commenting on Chihuahua’s most recent SHE DID WHAT in my next column. Based on the cals I’m getting it has angered “some folks”. And yes – The AfAms will expect $$$$ LOTS and LOTS of $$$$$$.

• Bill Reply

Brilliant suggestion for SS. Hope it takes off with the powers that be and just happens. However, even if it does, there is less than a snowball’s chance in hades that I’ll return to my alma mater to see it. Even before learning that Dr. Ford might be honored (which I just learned from you–UNC news in N.O. gets about as much coverage as UNC basketball gets in China), I was not inclined to go there. Now….
      Re the good doctor’s 64 scores: I wondered throughout the Kavanaugh debacle why the GOP didn’t dig up some dirt on her and put it out there. However, I’m actually glad that they didn’t because I hoped and thought that they wouldn’t have to lower themselves to the level of the Democrats to get Kavanaough through since he is a superb judge and decent man by all accounts. Now that he’s been confirmed, however, I would love to learn more. Please continue to provide whatever you learn to your eager audience.

You know I’ll be staying on top of this, Bill. My SSam Plan has already found itself to various BOGers, soooo… ya just never know.
        As I told a flabbergasted Kennel, the info about Ms Prof Ford’s alleged prolific promiscuity came from one of her “beach friends” and the He’s Not Here info from a college roommate (or college friend). IMO, its as reliable as any of the crap on JBK’s frat hijinks the Lib/Dems were declaring Gospel Truth.
        I do NOT think the Distinguished Alum honor will pass muster… but nothing surprises from “over there”.

• Ed.Danville Reply

Dang it BobLee. Your columns are like peeling an onion. So many layers to peel away. “… chicken bone” …. “Peace Corps boy…” … “Granada…” … “He’s Not Here…”. My wife says she can always tell “you’re reading that BobLee again, aren’t you?”

“Loyal readers’ wives” are an ever-growing sub-group of BL disciples. After 20 years I’m getting mentioned in more and more obituaries, as in: … “He loved tomato sandwiches, Braves baseball, the movie RoadHouse and BobLeeSays…”. Kinda creepy… 🙂

• 58 Wolf Kennel Reply

BobLee, good that you have old friends to commiserate your thoughts with. This blog has one good idea (placing Silent Sam so he represents all lives lost in battle or chicken bones) but you somewhat spoil the good idea with total AP inclusions.
      Also have never hear the Ford 64 reference or truth. Is that documented somewhere?
      Looking forward to the Pack in Death Valley in another week. Know we are good, don’t know if we are yet “elite”.
      But hope blooms eternal :>))

The “64” is as documented as 95% of the Kavanaugh v Ford BS you eagerly swallowed hook, line and sinker. It came from one of her “beach friends”. Have all 64 come forward to verify? Not to my knowledge.
        I always feel kinda sad having to inform you of “Life” outside your Lib media bubble. Like having to explain The Easter Bunny to a child.
        The SSam Solution is working it’s way thru some “interesting circles of influence”.

• Maha Reply

BL, I waited tables at Spencer and had just finished and was walking back to campus around the time that happened (the Evans Murder). I must have passed 20 or 30 people in the ARB. How no one saw or heard anything is almost incomprehensible to me. I once thought she was killed elsewhere and then dumped there. Of course the Campus and Chapel Hill cops then weren’t exactly Law and Order. MAHA.

So you don’t consider Chief Arthur Beaumont to have been UNCs Leroy Jethro Gibbs? I recall they considered a custodian as a prime suspect but he kept fainting during interrogation so they let him go.

• Ashley Overton Reply

With 64 scores she should receive the ” Wilt Chamberlin
      Award”. Where the hell was she when I was an undergrad?? Six years on The Hill and barely got a peck on the cheek.

I have very very limited frame of reference on such matters, but “64” seems a bit “promiscuous” to me. Do the term S-L-U-T fit? Does UNC keep records of such things? From the male side, Larry Miller was rumored to be quite the satyr as I recall. A “swordsman of legendary stamina”.

• ncsu1987 Reply

I like the way Blondie thinks, the decisiveness, the finality.
      Also, your SS replacement idea is truly brilliant. I hope it gets more attention. Although there is another potential solution: find a home for SS with a private resident on private property who wants him. Hell, auction him off and donate the money to the PJ Hairston legal defense fund. Then, as far as replacement, do absolutely nothing and acknowledge that it’s ok if UNC decides to NOT do something.
      Regardless of what is done, the mouth breathers at the far left AND far right won’t like it, so the hell with it. Sometimes I wonder if I’m the only moderate left. Maybe I’m just the only one willing to admit it.

I really do think SSam yearns to be with his comrades-in-arms on a battlefield site whether Bentonville or elsewhere.
        The phrase “Have you read BobLee’s Brilliant Plan for UNC’s SSam Mess?” is being uttered across The Triangle… Momentum is building. I can sense it…

• Babs.in.Derm Reply

I like Blondie’s Plan.

Sure… who doesn’t enjoy a good ol’ fashioned NUKIN’. Since West Derm is within the Target Zone, should we text you as we launch the drone?

• Andrea.82 Reply

I support both your suggestions for UNC. The SSam Solution truly is BRILLIANT and would be as close to appeasing all sides as possible. Certainly no one will ever appease the scroungy anarchists by the very nature of their purpose in Life. Being miserable and wanting everyone else to share their misery is their purpose.
      Honoring Suellen Evans over Ford 64 is likewise way too common sensible to ever fly. Keep up the good work BobLee.

IF my SSam Solution does come to fruition, not sure my ego can handle it. I could become an in-demand “consultant” for bureaucracies that keep shooting themselves in the foot. … I will NOT be surprised if the Ford64 nomination IS given consideration. I have no doubt that Chihuahua totally believes her story. Certainly the rank/file Franklin Streeters do. They believe Melania Trump is The Bride of Satan.

• Mountain.Boy Reply

Sometimes the things you come up with are downright scary in their relationship to things I mull over. I was a rising sophomore at UNC the summer of ’65 and working in Charlotte as an intern for WSOC-TV news. That murder struck me as bizarre in that it happened in the middle of campus at the Arboretum and nothing ever came of the case. Never go by there that I don’t wonder about it.

I arrived on campus two months later. “Where the girl was killed” was a “Must See” campus landmark. It happened around noon… in broad daylight.

• DM Carpenter Reply

At first blush, Blondie’s idea is good, but the downwind fallout issue is problematic. How about we build a wall around that territory. The UN can drop supplies of kale, soymilk, Starbucks…

That gets us into Chubb Sewell and Jesse’s plan with the fence / wall. Blondie lacks the patience to build a wall. She’s ready to arm the drone and go BOOM!

Getting sloshed on PBR’s at the The Shack might have led the future Dr Ford to do some late night kinky things with SS. Deviate behavior as it was defined back in 1987 is apparently mainstream for many in 2018. Nike, Just Do it, as long as it offends conservatives.

PS: The Shack might have closed before 87 but as long we’re forgetting everything else except it was 64 and BK did it, so nothing else matters. IMO your SS suggestion is too sensible to be seriously considered in CH.

FordTheAccuser’s UNC running mate says their nightly “pub crawl” did include The Shack and I think Henderson Street Bar… but usually ended up at HNH.
        Whether the “64” is true or not, SSam did NOT fire his rifle when Coed Ford walked by. THAT we know for certain.
        BobLee’s SSam Plan is already peaking interest from a few “notables” … YIKES!

• Da Judge in Charlotte Reply

As for me, the UNC from which I received two degrees no longer exists, and Chapel Hill is just another town along Highway 54.

I think the “like you” numbers are growing daily. UNC truly has become measurably MORE radical left over the past 10 years. Before it was a handful of jackass profs who spouted off every few months. Then the Admin started cowtowing to those spouting profs and to Chapelboro street anarchists with zero connection to the school. No way THAT ever ends well.

• TarHeel69 Reply

As to the “nomination”, and as previously stated, once “Bully Barber” received a “Genius” Grant, I knew that all things are possible….

So do we have new metaphors to go along with “when pigs fly” or “when hell freezes over” ….. “when Bully Barber wins a $600,000 Genius Grant”. … “when Obama wins a Nobel Peace Prize for simply being half-black” ….
        I’m not sure UNC possibly honoring FordTheAccuser is really all that shocking. It might be shocking if it was NOT being proposed.

• OldWellGuy.Charlotte Reply

BL: I have finally learned my lesson. Every time I see or read that my alma mater (UNC) has / or might do something incredibly stupid, I remind myself that BobLee is going to guide me thru the chaos… and you always do. And you’ve done it again. I did see that crap about Ford… and I KNEW you would clear a path thru it. I know you can’t necessarily stop the stupid crap but you show me how to laugh my way thru it. Thank you.

Never gotten a comment quite like that OWG. Thank you. No, I can’t stop their crap… but I can show it to be THE STOOPID CRAP that it usually is. I like to think “they” know I’m out here watching. I’ve been told THEY do know. HAA!

• Lobo Reply

“even if they choked on a chicken bone at the KFC at Ft Bragg.”
      Internet Gold.

LOBO! Dude, where you been . I been worried about you.
        You and your WuffPals going to Death Valley next week? Be a shame to miss THE GREATEST WUFF W OF ALL TIME! Maybe