Welcome to BobLeeSays 2.0

Homer Simpson
    June01/ 2015

Changes?  What Changes?  Oh, you mean this 100% completely new, greatly improved cutting-edge techno-awesome version of BobLeeSays.

It is pretty awesome.  After fifteen years and over 2,000 incredibly insightful commentaries from BobLee (and AgentPiece) now under the umbrella of the monolithic SaidWHATMedia, is entering a exciting new era of Internet presence with all cyber-guns ablazing.

201

Rumors of What the heck is BobLee up to? ranged from (1) replacing Bill Simmons at ESPN; to (2) “become maitre’de at Amedeo’s”.   My personal favorite was “BobLee is starting up a Thai Yogurt food truck bizness with “Call me Dickie”.   When asked about that, Prince Tassel Loafer said “I don’t know nuthin’ about that, but would you like some Kool-Aid and hear me sing Hark The Sound?”

That ESPN deal went South when CEO John Skipper (UNC75) added provisos that I (1) apologize to The BOT3 and (2) give Chancellor Chihuahua a hug.  YUCK! …. I’m not saying I can’t be bought, but I’ve never hugged a teenie weenie she-chancellor especially one From Dartmouth; and I don’t ever intend to.

…. bringing us to HERE & NOW!oompa-loompas

I feel like a roguish Willie Wonka welcoming you all to our Chocolate Factory.   Each of you have a Golden Ticket and are encouraged to browse to your heart’s content.  Don’t mind the Oompa Loompas.   They are doing some last minute touch-ups, tightening a few widgets and doing Oompa Loompa stuff.   FYI…. not a single one of our Oompas is “from Dartmouth” in case you were wondering.

My #1 Rule to TeamChipka in designing these new websites is that they have an Albert Factor of “less than 30 days”.   Our favorite Luddite must be able to navigate effortlessly in less than 30 days.  That means the rest of you should be zipping all over the sites by your second visit…. or within the next 10 minutes in most cases.

Beyond the obvious INCREDIBLY AWESOME cosmetic changes, the biggest improvement will be in receivability across all platforms.   When BobLee Tweety-Bird-iconfirst “Said” back in 1998, cell phones were the size of catcher’s mitts and Bill Gates and Steve Jobs were only multi-millionaires.   Steve Zuckerburg had not reached puberty and “Tweeting” was something one did if one “tawt I taw a puddy tat”.   (Albert is soooo lost now!)

Its 2015.  Smartphones and pads are “the in-thing”.   These new websites are VERY “mobile device friendly”.   Whatever device you use to get your BobLee fix will deliver a clean clear image.  Still anchored to your big ol’ desktop with wired keyboard and a wired mouse?  Not to worry.  You will get an awesome on-screen image.

These new sites are SEO-friendly.   SEO = Search Engine Optimization.  BobLee commentaries are now very friendly with Mr. Google and his ilk.  Likewise our social media presence on Facebook and Twitter has been amped up.

Yeah yeah yadda yadda…. Where do you “find stuff” now?

(1)    That gianormous image at the top of the page is the Most Current Column.  If you did not click on it you are not reading any of this.   The Most Current Column will always be “that BIG image up at the top of the Home Page.
    (2)     Beneath the BIG image you see two smaller images side by side.   Watch and those will “slide” revealing two more…. then two more.   The most recent SIX columns are always in those “sliders”.   Want a column farther back than the most recent six?  Go to Archives up at that top bar.  All 1,500+ columns are now easily accessible if you have an idea of when it might have appeared.   Our improved Tags and Categories will help with that.   Need help with the archives, just ask.  A special Oompa Loompa is assigned to find any archived column you need.
    (3)    On the Left side you see Four images in a vertical stack labeled Classic Spotlight.   THIS is a very cool new addition.  ….. of our 1,700 columns, some have proven even more Incredibly Insightful than others.   These 75-100 “Classics” will be displayed in an ever-changing all-you-can-enjoy buffet line strippershere.   We will be changing out these Classics each week.   Yes – “Did UNC Marry A Stripper” is up there now OF COURSE along with PDEWs and Junction Boys.   Checking this section on each visit will be a stroll down Memory Lane for you longtime Buddies and Babes.
    (4)    To the right of Classics is Quirky News.   These are current links to odd, “quirky” news items we come across.  The most recent “Quirkies” will be in that vertical stack.   The last 50 “Quirkies” are archived up at the top where it says Quirky News.   “Quirkies” are usually added every day depending upon how goofy society is on a given day.

There will be ads on these new sites BUT NO ANNOYING POP-UPS.  We hate those darn things as much, more, than you do.  We are eeeevil capitalists but will NEVER interfere with your #1 reason for visiting here – your BobLee fix.

What about Reader Comments?  Would we forget Reader Comments?  Of course not.  Would we turn loose NCSU68 on society at large?  Never!

Reader Comments looks a little different but it is simple…. and, yes BK,  BobLee WILL still get the last word because It’s Still My Freakin’ Website!   You can use your Gravatar / Facebook account OR any pseudonym nom de plume you desire.   You can be as anonymous as you wish.

We will still approve all comments but in ten years we have zapped just six comments.   Your right to express any misguided, looney partisan opinion is still honored here.   In this new format, you can also comment-on-a-comment.  It is a format very common on major sports&news sites.   It will be “special” here because YOU – BLSays readers are Special.  We cherish our “characters”.

The Oompas are in the process of transferring over the old reader comments from past columns.   That process will take a while.   Just transferring NCSU68s diatribes requires a string of boxcars from here to LaGrange.

OK.  Now go play around.  Check stuff out.  Sniff around.  Peek in corners.  The Oompas will be tightening widgets and sweeping up sawdust for a while.  Try not to get in their way.  I don’t have time or desire to deal with petulant Oompa Loompas.

PS:  BobLee (and AgentPierce) will always be Redaction-Free Websites.  We ain’t afraid of no FERPAs.

Now BOOKMARK this new site…. Do It RIGHT NOW!

• thailand Reply

Pretty site…..

I just linked you up with the hero of the ’72 Carolin-State basketball game in Reynolds…..He sounds great and is now following you from the west coast…..

Hope CNR is mending and will be with us for a long while–a man of with a illustrious past and a bountiful treasure chest of historical perspectives…..Cow Dog, ’68. Bob Kennel, Bill, Doug, Yogi, and you and the others are dependable and knowledgeable companions as I travel about still trying to figure it all out…..

The Great Unpleasantness moved front and center today…..

From James Lee Burke: “No matter what the other side does to you, you grin and walk through the cannon smoke. It drives them crazy.”

I really like the new format. Ask Dottie about Nancy 🙂

I will (ask Dottie) – “I got this old buddy in Thailand that still carries a torch for your little sister. How’s she doing?” …. 🙂

• CPR Reply

Thank you for the kind words and concern. Still have a tough road and a couple of ops to get my bones and nerves in tune. I have a great team of neurologists and orthopedics who did a great job eleven years ago. I fell hard and turned their work into an ugly mess plus added to it. Another inch and my head would have hit a brick which would have been curtains. God has always protected me. Always.

I love the guys on here and enjoy BL so much. Can’ say enough about this new web sight. CowDog, whose father and I had a friendship that began over fifty years ago, have gotten together to correspond. Now we can do that on the sight thanks to BL.

CNR (CPR)

• cooldela Reply

Looking good!

I always enjoy reading stuff from a guy who is smarter than me but does brag about it. Which of course is rare with those Carolina Blue boys. Should there be commas around “of course” in the previous sentence?

Thanks for perspective which is pretty much down here with mine.

I would hope, at the time of my full life’s retrospective, NOT to be defined by where I simply “went to college” during four post-adolescent years. I owned my pick-up truck for three times that long. May my obit declare “he was an F-150 kinda guy”. 🙂

• KEN B Reply

Great work. I’m sure improvements were not needed, but will be appreciated. Now if you can help improve my 4th putt and my Reds hitting&pitching. That will be appreciated also.
      Love your site but more importantly, the content!!!

Thanks. The content is going to “broaden” well beyond the UNC Scandal Mess. As fascinating as it is to stare at such roadkill, its time to scoop up that carcass and MOVE ON.

• CPR Reply

KenB

Been wondering if you live in Northern Kentucky or somewhere in Greater Cincinnati. You have mentioned your love for thr Cincinnati Redlegs and, I believe Knohole Baseball. If it is so, I would love to correspond with you regarding the two subjects as I spent some unforgettable and glorious years coaching baseball in Price Hill in Knothole,at Elder, and Robert E Bentley legion post.

Congratulations! I have to admit I went straight to the archives and read “WHY did we hate New Bern?” Guessing I’ll enjoy being able to to respond to a response best of all.

One thing I’ve noticed is that scrolling down a page on the trusty laptop feels like the first time I ever drove a car with power steering. Very responsive. Have no idea if that was intended or not but it is different.

Until yesterday I’d never heard of Sepp Blatter. While it rained cats and dogs I turned on the tube to “The Flagship” and it was a full three hours of FIFA Blatter. My conclusion is this news is about as important to me as women’s roundball, Dressage, sprinkled in with what’s on Oprah’s OWN.

The New Bern column? Everyone will have their own Top Tens. 🙂

The Oompahs are still tightening widgets.

FIFA ??? Are they kin to FERPA?

Pretty sure FIFA wishes so.

Too late….I escaped at a very young age when i first cast my young and inexperienced eyes on this world and screamed….”Why did you pop my bottom, you sadistic dirty old man behind that surgical mask? What did I do? I don’t care what they said…..I did NOT do it. You never SAW me do it…..and you can’t prove a thing….”

Actually I owe that one to an old business associate who grew up in Brooklyn and got into more mischief than one could ever imagine down south. He still has scars from the nun’s wrapping his knuckles for taking the screws out of their chairs.

Nice upgrade.

Looks like the new program to “charge by the word” has had its desired effect on ’68.

• CNR Reply

Judy wowed when I showed her the new BL, “Is it going to be led by TBDBITL playing The Billboard March as I00 clowns exit a VW?, asked the love of my life who is now my Nurse Cratchet.

We have been on this crazy ride for many years. Picked up many chums of quality as well. Your commenters are men and women of tremendous accomplishment. Doug, CowDog, “68”, Thailand, and others such as Bill my Ignatian friend keep the noggin fired up.

A person with whom I would enjoy spending a day in conversation is “58”. We could share some stories of Ev Case. I know for a fact that Mr. Case was recruiting “Big Bell” down in New Bern. It makes sense that “58” would be the guy Case would have reach out to Walt.

You are the best. For some time, my family, students, players, coaches and friends, and Clerical friends know that you are going to the Elegy at my Mass of Christian burial. Be Kind.

Great luck in your new endeavor

Oh My! Such plaudits to both 58Kennel and ’68 will, I fear, unleash perils aplenty upon the Earth. Big Hug to Nurse Judy. 🙂

Coach, I read a comment here a little while back that said you were doing poorly. I take it from your comment that you are on the mend. I sure hope so. Thanks for even mentioning my name in your comment along with the cast of characters. I think everyone familiar with BLS would consider it an honor to spend time with you and hear your stories. As for me I was barely good enough in most sports to not be chosen last in pick-up games but can’t believe a person alive enjoyed it more. Get well. Stay safe.

• CPR Reply

Doug,

One could sit down with many MLB All Stars or an NBA All Stars or NFL Pro Bowler who will happily converse with you regarding the joy of playing neighborhood games. The teams were full of the heroes of the era. Although BL played short, but was probably Mazz after the fall cl classic of ’60.

This ride on BobLee.2 is going to be a lotta fun.

Actually “my guy” on that 1960 Pirates team was SS Dick Groat. Also Forrest “Smokey” Burgess. I can still name their starting line-up for Game 7. 🙂

• "Bonnie" Reply

I like the new look. Very fancy. Congratulations!

I’m good with “fancy”. 🙂

• Princess Fairmont in Big D Reply

HOLY COW!!!! Look at YOU!!! Love the new site!!! Congrats!!! Now, just have to “learn my way around”!! PF

Thats High Praise from a Princess!

• TheCowdog Reply

Welcome to Hollywood! Coach and I were expecting a limo. All we got was this E-mail!

🙂

I ordered you guys’ limo during the 8th inning last night in Fort Worth. The world kinda turned upside down about that time. I think the ump called a balk on the limo. 🙂

• CPR Reply

That was a balk? Thought of you during that eighth inning. This new sight is downright exciting.

• Frank Linstreet Reply

OUTSTANDING BL! Now that we can easily access the archives I have a ready-made “to do” on a rainy day. Love that Favorite Author page up at the top.

“a Redaction-Free” website – KUDO!

Thanks. Favorite Authors and Quirky News are both very cool features. I wonder who first coined the word “redacted”…. and why?

• PrinceAlbert Reply

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. I WAS “SOOOOOOOO LOST NOW.” In fact, I don’t even know what “Albert Factor of less than30 days meant? Explain please.

Bless your heart PA! IF, a BIG IF, you do “figure it out” before 4th of July you win a kewpie doll. …. oops, whats a kewpie doll? Ask PH.