A Cardinal Sin and…. Roy’s Re-ward !!

June20/ 2015

The St Louis Cardinals are one of my “favorite teams”. They have gone and stepped in something.  However yucky it turns out to be, they shouldn’t hadna oughta done it.   Say it ain’t so Red Schoendienst.

Crime and Plausible Deniability pays off Big Time for Carolina’s version of Bart Simpson.  Say it ain’t so Bill Friday.

NOTE:  That picture of Three Roys was created by and sent to us by a very long time “Carolina fan” and Chapel Hill resident….. NOT by an ABCer.  🙂

Baseball is no longer America’s Favorite Pasttime.  Baseball has been replaced by Building Up Idols Then Knocking Them Down and Stomping On’em.

Lebron goes 1 0n 5 against Golden State and gets skewered for not winning the NBA Championship all by himself. His “legacy” is tarnished “they are saying”.

Tiger Woods blew all four tires and a water pump at that artillery range in Sasquatch Country. His jet – Tiger One – was wheels up and headed back to Florida before sunset on Friday. Forget Jack’s 18….. will Tiger ever break par again?

Meanwhile, Middle America’s Team – The Cardinals – are about to lap the rest of the National League. They could3643227644_063c940609_b “clinch” by The All-Star Break but there is no joy beneath The Arch.  I have no clue what happened or why the Astros GM “was a polarizing personality” when he was Director Of Player Development with The Cardinals. Apparently he pissed off someone somehow.   Wonder if ….. The Cardinals are calling Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick for advice on Crisis Management.   Please tell me they are not calling “Dickie”.

As with the Patriots’ and UNC, a holier-than-thou sports organization is Embattled, Much-maligned and Beleaguered. The Trifecta of OMG Not Us!

NOTE: Did you know…. Fla State HFC Jimbo Fisher and his wife are divorcing after 22 years of marriage? They are. No word yet just how Jameis is involved but you figure he must be….. bless his heart.

Disbelieving Cardinal loyalists are blaming their own version of Dan Kane and John Swofford.  Every time an organization “gets caught” it’s ALWAYS because some one was “out to get us because they are so jealous of us”.  Yawn…. burp.

Unlike UNC’s TGU where rival fans live next door…. work in the next cubicle…. and even inter-marry; with pro sports messes, there is not much in-yo-face taunting. Board monkeys storm the national talk shows to chortle and snort. No cretins “snort” quite like a goggle-eyed board monkey when a team that usually whups his team’s butt is caught in a major Uh Oh!

For the next few decades, otherwise no-life-losers get to imagine their pitiful lives are somehow better because some people in another city hGeorge-Costanza-OCBD1undreds of miles away are crestfallen that “their team” did something they shouldna done.

Even if the Cardinal’s hacking perp turns out to be “that jackass on the 3rd floor that no one likes because he is a goober and a dweeb” (George Costanza w/ The Yankees) the damage is done.  Cubs fans will lead the chorus of CardinalsCheat for the next decade at least.

The Cardinals will still be my favorite baseball team.  I like their uniforms and Stan Musial was a good guy.  I do hope Cardinals’ Owner Bill DeWitt does NOT announce GM John Mazeliak is getting a raise and a contract extension. I REALLY Hope that does not happen.

You’ve labored thru all the above to see if I go ALLCAPS BALLISTIC re: Bubba Rewards Roy For Pulling Off His Plausible Deniability Scheme.

I think It is INCREDIBLY STOOPID and an insult to the intelligence of every living being on The Planet. UNC has just “dropped trou and mooned” All Of Earth Beyond Franklin Street.

Why is anyone surprised? So far every major perp with their fingerprints and DNA all over The Scheme has been rewarded with Big Bucks – Dickie – Deborah – Jan – Julius.   Being a co-conspirator in the biggest academic/athletic scandal in American History is the UNC version of Win The Lottery.   Heck.  Would it be fair NOT to reward Roy? …..  Jennifer The Tutor oughta get “her jersey in the rafters” at least.

Bart Simpson

Roy has no idea what Plausible Deniability is nor can he spell it; yet he has pulled it off soooo successfully.   That has to be worth something, right?

Huckleberry just kept doing his Bart Simpson impression…. AND, Damn, IT WORKED!

If the UNC BOT had been the judges at Nuremberg, Hitler would have been named King of Australia and given his own reality show.

Roy should at least be given “a time out” and forced to stand in a corner with his nose in a circle for an hour ….. at least. Instead Roy is given a contract extension and even more money!   What?  No induction in The Secret Order of The Gimghouls? ….. Whats next?

Will UNC bust Bernie Madoff outta prison and name him Dean of Kenan-Flagler Business School?  I’m surprised The BOT Wizards of Smarts didn’t bring back “Dickie” to announce this FUBAR along with Rashad McCants and Kevin Madden.   You gotta figure Marvin is laffing his big ol’ butt off.

Roy Williams is (1) a Hall-of-Fame Coach and either (2) a Crook or (3) a Fool.   Two of those three or maybe all three.  Neither of the latter should merit an AttaBoyRoy Reward.  Whats next America?   Joe Biden as Vice President?  Oops, bad example.  Roy & Joe -“Playing dumb” comes naturally for some people.

Kim Kardashian makes a Top Five Most Admired Women list and Roy gets a Big Ol’ Re-ward.   When do we get to the “rivers of blood and raining frogs”? ….. “Rewarding Roy/Bart” is not simply a miscarriage of justice.   It is a back-alley abortion of justice using a rusty coat hangar.

Bubba is the front man that is uttering the unbelievable banalities to a disbelieving media while trying not to giggle, but it can NOT have been A 100% Bubba Call.  No way.  I’d like to hang this on “Carol From Dartmouth” but it’s well above her “have-a-clue” level.   I smell me some Fat Rams behind this.

I don’t have any names but I definitely smell me some Braggin’ Rights-lovin’ Fat Cat Rams behind this Steamin’ Pile of Stoopid.

If I’m Sylvia Hatchell and I get thrown under the bus as everyone is predicting;  I do believe I would NOT politely say “Thank you sir, may I have another?” I believe I would open “a bank account in the Caymans” and I would tell The BOT and every Fat Ram I know to transfer A LOT of Hush Money really really quickly.

Yes, I do believe I would do that if I were Coach Hatchell….. wouldn’t you.

• Cabcash Reply

Can’t quite figure Dr.Randall. Defending Butch? Another Rashad? And since when has the flagship been “willing to also accept NCAA sanctions that may include vacating wins and forfeiting postseason opportunities?”

• RowdyBlueTarHeeler Reply

there needs to be a 4th chimp photo – one where the chimp also SMELLS NO EVIL.

’cause there plenty o’ stink wafting around CH these days.

ain’t no end in sight…

call yer next case. sigh…

Roy can only count to three.

• fayettewuf Reply

I am not replying to Chansky on here even though you linked him. That was maybe the second time I have read him. But if he does not have blueberry Kool-Aid smile, nobody does.

Art does not deny his 50 years of Tar Heel loyalty… any more than Bob Kennel does his 60 years of Wolfpack loyalty.

• Dr. Naismith Reply

A century from now, when my original peach baskets have disintegrated into dust, will anyone really care about UNC basketball and their fictitious banners?  My question BL, is how would the mighty “flagship” have whipped anyone’s butt had it not been for their decades of cheating with ineligible players? After the SACS rebuke, it is apparent that athletics are not the only thing rotten at Carolina.

“Unlike UNC’s TGU where rival fans live next door…. work in the next cubicle…. and even inter-marry; with pro sports messes, there is not much in-yo-face taunting. Board monkeys storm the national talk shows to chortle and snort. No cretins “snort” quite like a goggle-eyed board monkey when a team that usually whups his team’s butt is caught in a major Uh Oh!”

Those who remain steadfastly loyal to The Flagship will likely still care thru their descendants. Whether UNC’s legacy will indeed be forever tarnished is yet to be known. The drama plays on…. and on …. and on.

• RickyD Reply

I realize everyone is concentrating on Roy / Bart / Nuremberg but I think your “George Constanza on the 3rd Floor” was inspired.  When I first read about HackAnAstro I thought of “George”…. or “Dwight” from The Office.

OF COURSE it was “a George”. Some pencil-necked stooge who is a 5th cousin of a Busch that could topple CardinalNation. Its always some “stooge”.

• CowDog Reply

Please don’t link Chansky again, I bit on it. Although the extension was clearly PR and a recruiting necessity, I nearly reminded him that SACS called the classes fraudulent, not easy.
      Of course, that’s a distinction the dyed in the wool will never get.

Bre’r claims he gets more views from ABCers than he does from TruBlues. His relationship with the hard-core DDome Lower-Levelers has always been “iffy”. The Wal-Mart faction has never warmed to his oft-acerbic style. Adam “HarkTheSound” Lucas is more their speed.

Al Czervik; “Hey, you scratched my anchor.” Reminds me of the damage done to UNC by fat cats while the boat sinks.

But but but they mean well.

• fayettewuf Reply

Whoever is in charge in Chapel Hill has lost their power to flabbergast me.

Careful. They’re gonna take that as a challenge.

If an internet legend had authored a novel called ” The Great Unpleasantness of the Carolina Way”  the State of North Carolina would have been able to justify keeping Dorthea Dix open for at least 10-15 more years to house the author. Will Rogers said; “I don’t make jokes. I just watch the government and reports the facts.” Insert UNC in place of government and it doesn’t take a brain surgeon to figure out how easy your job really is. 🙂 I admit that I’ve some message board comments since the ORW news broke and can report that it’s just not football players who suffer from brain damage. The best one actually sounded semi-reasonable: Roy knows too much so UNC will keep him from blabbering by making him feel important with an extension. Does anyone believe Roy will not blabber anyway?

Trying to buy ORW’s silence is Very Risky Business. Superglue and Duct Tape would be cheaper and more effective.

• DrVinnyboombatz Reply

If this is ever over, will you run out of column material?

I considered that when Duke Lacrosse was winding down…. and then when John Edwards & Reille was wrapping up. God always provides for bunny rabbits and Internet Legends.

• bob Reply

BobLee, I read the report from Mr Wainstein. The part I struggle with the most is Roy deciding that his players should not be “clustering” in AFAM. Lot of unanswered questions in that statement alone. The followup question should be did Roy and his minions ban the use of bogus AFAM classes taken as electives by his players? Was Roy only concerned how it looked when the majority of his players were majoring in AFAM or was he truely concerned about the “quality” of their education.

If you had a nickel for every minute Roy Williams worried about “clustering”, you couldn’t make change for a quarter. Just another buzzword that Steve Kirschner whispered in his ear.

• Frank Linstreet Reply

I’m sure most readers will focus on the Bart Simpson zinger… and it IS Pure Gold for sure.  But The Hope Diamond in this one is “If the UNC BOT ….. Hitler named King of Australia and given his own reality show.”   THAT is so vintage BobLee in so many ways.   Awesome…. Just Awesome!

Thanks! An old vaudeville maxim. One never goes wrong with “a Nuremberg Trials” reference. Figuring 70-80% of readers have no clue what it means. The quandry with that line was deciding where Hitler would go. Delaware and Chad were my other options.

• LindaR Reply

They just keep throwing you batting practice softballs don’t they BobLee.  Will we look back on this crap someday as one of their BETTER decisions?

That very scary thought is a very scary thought. Everything IS relative but this silliness sets the bar pretty high… or low.

Just watched TCU get clobbered by Vandy….and UVA has to win to play them.  It’s gonna be a long night.

Sylvia also just lost here SECOND player this week.  Reminds me a bit of Paul Simon’s Kodachrome lyrics…

When I think back on all the crap I never learned in AFAMA,

It’s a wonder I can think at all

And though my lack of education hasn’t hurt my GPA

I can read the writing on the wall

SO they are gone.

I too, wondered about the timing and the amount of ORW’s new contract.  I thought that Bubba was pretty straight up, but if he proposed this and the BOT went along with this, then the Big Donors not only hold the purse stings but they have got videos of many of your aforementioned co-conspiritors in compromising positions with Ramses and his harem….maybe a few horses.

You summed it up….and Forest was right.  I think that Forest could do a better job of running the AD than those in charge now.

Didchanotice that the “academic” bonus ws listed FIRST in the press release.  Maybe UNC AD is getting coached by Jim Merrill….his Snow or not to SNOW day fiasco is the only thing that comes to mind that is more stupid….

We need some relief…..

In the grand mosaic of TGU, I suppose we should have expected this.