…. It’s All Good!

Whats New
    July22/ 2016

You finally figured out that other website format. Now We changed it!  Aaaiiee! No Fair! …. Chill BobLee Buddies and Babes. It’s all very good.

This new website format is more user-friendly than any website you will ever visit. All the features you want without any of the annoying crap that most sites are forcing on you these days.

…. (1) Over 50% of you visit this site via “mobile devices” i.e. smartphone or pad. That % will increase as mobile technology improves. This new Smartphonesformat is VERY user-friendly for mobile devices without sacrificing readability via desktops and laptops. Our new whizbang techies will keep us state-of-the-art in multi-platform compatibility.

.. We are now on super-duper secure servers immune to all but the most diabolical hackers in deepest darkest Yemen.

…. (2) We have combined the BL Featured Columns and QuirkyNews in ONE stream of columns. One Master Archive. You probably never knew or cared anyway. They are both BobLee’s incredibly insightful takes on whatever….. and well worth time spent enjoying them. ….. FWIW we are going to “try” and keep our essays under 1,000 words. No such promises for the length of NCState68’s mighty missives.

Our Eight Most Recent Postings will always be visible on The Home Page. The IMAX Frame – i.e. That Big Picture up top – will usually be The Latest BLS Essay. The Seven Posts below that are the seven other most recent posts in chronological order / most recent at top of the list.

.. Below those seven it’s says Click Here For More….. your doorway into an Archive of all 2,000+ BL columns since 1998. …. a wonderful way to while away a very long lay-over in Chicago, Atlanta, Thailand or wherever.

…. (3) See those (Google) Ads over there on the right? They are ever-rotating pictures that you can click on for product info, to buy or whatever. Those ads will NOT interfere in any way with “just reading the freakin’ columns”. There will NEVER be a dreaded “pop-up” on this site; or a hidden audio link that you can’t turn-off. I hate those!  These ads are Not Intrusive at all.  Oh, and Kennel, I don’t pick those ads.  Google does.

…. (4) There IS a direct link to our pal AgentPierce’s site but you have to want to go there to get there. AP’s POV is not everyone’s cuppa tea. But, if you are curious, a direct link is there for you.

. . . FYI:  Pierce’s Latest essay on the NBA AllStar Game Pile o’ Crap has gone Double Platinum – LINK !!

…. (5) We did away with Podcasts.  BabsFromDerm didn’t like’em plus …. they took time / attention from what we do best – write incredibly clever entertaining essays.

The twin purposes of this website are #1: to Entertain You …. and #2: provide BobLee a “bully pulpit” from which to say “I told you so” when his insightful predictions come true. On the rare occasion they don’t; well, we conveniently ignore those. ☺Computer

…. (6) Our ever-popular Reader Comments are the same. We are considering upgrading to DISCUS but I doubt we will. This current system allows you to stay anonymous and does not require a Facebook account. We think both of those features are important. We are fortunate not to “attract trolls”. Disagreeing with BobLee does NOT make you “a troll”. Being a jackass does. We always encourage civil debate here.

We encourage more of you to join in the commenting. Your privacy is always protected. That email requirement is only to keep out SPAM.

…. (7) My new whizbang techies asked me “What Audience” am I going after? My answer was “Everyone else on Earth that fits the same audience profile I already have….”. i.e. People Just Like You. This has always been a Baby Boomer-centric crowd. You know how I feel about “board monkeys”. THAT will never change.

Ernest TIf you think “the world before Michael Jordan hit the jumper in 1982” was a formless void you really should not be here. Same for anyone who doesn’t know Ernest T. Bass. Just go away.

OK…. Enough about WHAT’S NEW. There may be a bug or two to stomp on; but once in high gear this new website should puurrrr right along with minimal / no hassles. …. I say while “knocking on wood”.

If you have any questions or something isn’t working right for you…. or anything – let us know. Others may be having the same issue.  So…. now:

Enjoy

• sanfransoxfan Reply

You had me at “My new whizbang techies…”
      I assume this means you are using distributed virtual servers rather than a box behind a chain link fence with a lock on it? We’ll know that answer if there is another crash.
      And your new features – they all sound somehow familiar, don’t they? Interesting.

To the degree that I will ever understand such things, I am confident my server situation is much improved. Just trying to stay one step ahead of the hackers in the eternal “spy vs spy”. I’m comfortable with a bare bones menu which seems to suit my audience. If I can consistently supply entertaining fodder “they will come”. 🙂

• TheCowdog Reply

Wear is mi eddit buton ?

That would require we go to DISCUS for a comment platform. Trying to re-train Kennel and NCSU68 would be akin to Hercules cleaning King Augeus’ stables. Easier for me to “edit” you on this end.

• Jon Sasser Reply

BL, Does this meet your demographic requirement? I once persuaded the Fourth Circuit that a North Carolina town violated the equal protection clause by banning from its hootenanny a lady who danced like Elaine Benes — while tolerating a man who danced like Ernest T. Bass.

Ernest T ROCKS! …. You are ALWAYS WELCOME HERE Jon. You might be the only mutual friend of both BobLee and Joe Ovies …. Jim Goodmon employees tend to not much care for moi! 🙂

• JDanWuff Reply

Very, very nicely done, BL. It is good for this forum to stay upgraded and at the forefront of this technology. This really is about the most fluid website I’ve seen in many many moons.
      Being confined to where I can and can’t go means that I spend a bit of time on the old interwebs. This one rocks. I wish that the Carolina Plott Hound could do the same.
      I was also pleased to see that your web service providers were not the same group that provided Hellery with her server in the basement bathroom. Again, good choice. ???

Thanks JDan. Your opinion has always mattered around here going back – what – 15 years AT LEAST. When did we first meet with those Hokie folks? Interesting that you mention PlottHound. That is a situation in flux.
        Stay Strong Old Friend!

• Hammertime Reply

Chatted with BK @ Kennel’s Beach over the 4th weekend. He actually respects some of your finer points.

Enjoyyour insights keep it coming!

And I sincerely respect his passion for his causes be it NC State or William Barber or his church or the various other projects.

• Bob Kennel Reply

BL,
      Love the simplicity of the website and the distance from AP :+))
      Now testing my ability to get through with a semi-brilliant comment. Don’t know whether comment on Elliott Avent’s 60th birthday severalonthd ago on the ” age of Man”:
      – Birth: Loss of Innocence
      – Age 20: Energy/Enthusiasm forever
      – Age 40: Choose your shots carefully
      – Age 60: Beginning of Wisdom
      – Age 80: Only memories are left
      (Some of us are trying to figure out what can be done productively with 20 years of stored up “wisdom” ?

I don’t know too many men of your era who are as genuinely busy as you are. Keep doing what you are doing. 🙂

• Terri-Hickory Reply

You are right. It is easy to find what I want without a lot of clutter. I understand you need ads but those don’t get in my way. I appreciate that. So many websites seem to go out of their way to make it unpleasant and annoying. This one does not. I usually watch on my desktop but, you are correct, this is easy to navigate on my pad too.
      Thumbs Up BobLee. 🙂

Glad you like it! I was shocked that 50% of our traffic is from phone/pad. I would have guessed maybe 20-25%. I spend too much time around “Albert”. Being multi-platform compatible is mandatory these days.

• Mike85 Reply

Seems pretty simple. Thanks for no pop-ups. I HATE pop-ups!

HA! You’re welcome. Even Dickie, Chancellor Chihuahua and My Buddy Art HATE pop-ups.

Your critics are worried now. McClatchy will now be forced to dust off that hit piece thats been locked away in a secret basement location in Seven Springs.

They sold that Seven Springs “safe house” a few months ago in their continual “down sizing”…. wink, wink. McClatchy is moving its entire “what’s left” N&O operation (i.e. Editor John Drescher, Barry “The Colonel” Saunders, “Damn Dan” Kane, and some gal named “Shirley” who knows where all the bodies are buried) to an abandoned nail salon in Angier. They have MUCH bigger worries than One Internet Legend w/ his own website.

40 years ago IBM wasn’t too worried about Apple either. Just saying’…..

Actually my pal AgentPierce gets cussed more around N&O Land than I do. They know I like “Damn Dan” so I’m OK. But AP not so much. 🙂
            Over at WRAL, Jim Goodmon and his Goons loathe both of us.

• NCSU68Grad

BL,
              Good Show. Really quite nice. Appreciate you listening to feedback from readers. NOW, a little feedback on two things….

Was at a Rex Health (UNC) facility yesterday. The office staff numbers 4. There was a “watcher” in their midst. A lady that was NOT from a Famine Zone, if you get my drift, was watching how EACH of them interacted with a patient and how they talked to folks on the phone. As MUCH as folks erroniously think that I am prone to exaggeration (not like you at all), this was obvious. I used to “watch” human nature in airports….this was a study in “politic correctness”. We get surveys about how satisfied we are with our services….from Non-Profits such as UNC Healthcare and how they CARE about us. So, in addition, they also have the dreaded Auditors or Hall Monitors that go out into the field and harrass the help. I’ll bet that if the staff had offered to purchase the “watcher” a full course breakfast as Brigs….that she would have been out of there faster than (fill in the blank). Particularly interesting is the propoganda that we get from the insurance companies and the government about HOW THEY ARE CONTROLLING costs. BUT, to comply with some acronym that I can’t pronounce, they have to have “audits of compliance”. Jesse warned us….feed at the Federal trough….and you will eventually be beholden to them and have to pay up.

Second, and Jimmy G’s folks brought this up. The Triangle housing market is in FULL BLOOM. Low rates, low inventory, googles of jobs, an irrationally exuberant economy….blah…blah….blah. Funny thing…..last night the SAME readers (who called the power cables in the Durham Sewer system….high VELOCITY lines) told us that the Triangle economy was in dire staights….due solely to HB2 and that doom and destruction and unemployment and crime would be the result of “Pee where you SHOULD PEE” mentality.

At least you bring some humor and wit to the party…and I sometimes have to google your references to understand the nuances…..Keep up the good work…..watch out for the RansomWare Pokemons running around….lest you end up like Avent and will always be know as Bob “Snake” Lee….

The out out lies re: HB2 are historical.