ZsaZsa… McCaffrey… Gangbangs… and

ZsaZsa2
    December20/ 2016

Zsa Zsa… McCaffrey… Gangbangs… and Quidditch !!

If The Gabors were indeed The Kardashians of the 50-60s; that may provide a clear comparison of the evolution (??) of American culture.

Today a few words about (1) The Passing of ZsaZsa…. (2) Christian McCaffrey’s No Mas…. (3) A Gangbang that got out of hand (HUH?)…. and (4) “lucky it wasn’t Quidditch”.

I don’t play Fantasy Sports but I am in a Celebrity Death Watch Group dedicated to the absolute certainty that “celebrities always die in groups of threes”. Sometimes the time frame between the first and third can be weeks or months but eventually “a third one dies” and a new “group of three” begins. ZsaZsa Gabor has been on our radar for several years.  Husband #9 was “a Baron”… or a Viscount… or a Marquis ???Green Acres

ZsaZsa finally “bought the farm” over the weekend at 99.   Eight of her husbands and both of her legs preceded her in death.  That euphemism for “dying” only adds to the public confusion with ZsaZsa and her sister Eva. Eva starred in Green Acres, NOT ZsaZsa. Eva and “Zsa” coulda been twins, but weren’t. Zsa was two years older than Eva. Eva died in 1995. Magda was the oldest of the three Gabor sisters.

Magda was “the forgotten Gabor sister” in the way that Zeppo was “the forgotten Marx brother”. …. and Cooper “the forgotten Manning brother”.

Between Magda (6), Zsa (9), and Eva (5) they were married TWENTY times. By comparison…. The Kardashians have (unofficially) “hooked up with” well in excess of twenty pro athletes / rappers and counting.

In her prime, ZsaZsa did not have social media to promote her “famous for being famous”. She relied on TV talk shows – Tonight Show…. Merv Griffin …. Mike Douglas… Etc. I’m not sure if she overlapped with Letterman or not. I don’t think she did. She was a frequent guest ZsaZsaQuoteon Johnny Carson’s couch and simply “played ZsaZsa” to the repeated delight of pretty much everyone.

ZsaZsa was “a Hoot”. She knew she was “a Hoot” and took “being a Hoot” to worldwide fame. Her schtick was “Hollywood Glamour” and her penchant for “men & marriage”.

Was ZsaZsa “sexy”? Yes… I think she qualifies as “sexy” in a quite over-the-top way for the 50-60s. Kim Kardashian’s “sex appeal” is also quite “over-the-top” and not appreciated by one & all.

Even as a kid, I found ZsaZsa “funny”. I didn’t always get her double entendres but she seemed to brighten the TV screen with her mischievous naughtiness. By comparison, I don’t find The Kardashians “funny” at all, just “skanky”. Of course I am no longer a kid.

#

Stanford’s “Swiss Army Knife” Christian McCaffrey has announced he will not play in The Sun Bowl versus The Fedorians. McCaffrey is forgoing his senior season to declare for the 2017 NFL Draft. He apparently sees more negative in risking injury playing in aMcCaffrey totally meaningless Who Cares Bowl than any positive displaying his skills. NFL scouts have beau coups of video on what he can do.

I totally agree with his decision. I think we will see more and more “early outs” and “expired eligibility” pros-to-be doing so. IF their team is playing in a Final Four or one of the 3-4 other Real Bowls then I don’t think they will opt-out… but that is not the case with The Sun Bowl… or 90% of the bowl glut

Missing out on a pair of Dr Dre’s headphones and a cheap warm-up suit from the “swag bag” is the only drawback.

Franklin Street woozles thinking McCaffrey is afraid of Gene The Guru’s defenders are as delusional as always.

#

What’s college sports coming to when “gangbacks” are under attack? A bunch of Univ Minnesota FB players apparently engaged in a spirited menage a’ dozen with a young woman of questionable virtue back in the summer. The specifics of the encounter reads like a Penthouse Forum letter. Minnesota

Somewhere between #7 and #12, the young woman who described herself as “drunker than I usually get” began to question the wisdom of her situation.

It is 2016, almost 2017. A “gangbang” is likely to draw widespread media coverage whether it involves athletes or Democratic politicians….

Thus we have the latest “She said “Yes…. then Maybe… then No” that seem to be occurring at colleges across the country. What may have started out as “frisky young people with raging hormones” turned into Call Gloria Allred.

Unlike Duke Lacrosse… The Golden Gopher Gangbang did NOT involve “rich white boys”.   Or any “white boys” at all.

Public opinion is all over the place with this one. “The College Gangbang” is NOT new by any means. Every campus has its Legends and Myths involving such bacchanalian revelries involving sports teams and fraternities / sororities. Were such activities OK in the 40-50-60s but not OK now? Where and When does “enthusiastic consent” turn to “STOP”. I don’t have the answer.

I hope you won’t think less of me when I say I have never participated in “a gangbang”. Hellfire, I’ve never been to a “strip club”. OK, I have watched “Barbarella” twice and was at a bachelor party in 1974 where “Deep Throat” was playing in the next room.

Most gangbang stories seem to involve cheerleaders or stewardesses. When I was living in Dallas in the early 80s, there was a humdinger of one at SMU that – per legend – involved BOTH cheerleaders and stewardesses.

Some are saying “a gangbang” is simply “boys being boys for goodness sakes”. YIKES! I am a harder grader than that. I come down on the side of “gangbangs are NOT a good thing” regardless of the enthusiastic participation of all concerned.

You are, as always, allowed your own opinion on the subject. I wonder what ZsaZsa or KimK would think.

#

Somewhat related…. My favorite Provost – Holden Thorp – was “in the news” last week. Holden was not The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. Holden was The UNC Chancellor That Fired The Butcher. Holden is now at Washington University in St Louis (adjacent to where we had Kid’s Wedding last month). Washington Univ

Wash U’s boy’s soccer team in an effort to “pretend we are as depraved as an Ivy League school” was suspended for “having some sort of file on Wash U’s girls’ soccer team” relating to their sexual proclivities et al. Several Ivy League teams have been caught doing whatever that is. Provost Thorp justifiably dropped the hammer on the depraved miscreants.

In discussing his latest college sports scandal with him, I pointed out that he was lucky it was not Wash U’s Quidditch team that got caught. Wash U’s fat cats take their Quidditch seriously. If you’ve ever seen the campus…. It IS Hogwarts. (Look it up Albert)

##

UPDATE: Nothing new from “Alex”. I’m certain she was part of the “harass the electors” campaign waged by her fellow Hollyweirds. Telephoning some “Ward Cleaver” in Des Moines and calling him “a stoopid in-bred fascist” did not have the desired outcome Alex and her pals hoped for.

Now they’re on to disrupting The Inauguration. Bless their constipated little colons…..

There’s 2,000 more where this one came from!   CLICK.

• Paul Coder Reply

This Celebrity Death Watch Group filled out quickly. First Zsa Zsa, then George Michael and now Carrie Fisher. All of different eras and genres, but all A-List at one time.

Very True …. also Richard Adams, author of my all-time favorite book Watership Down.

• Van Reply

College coaches ALWAYS leave before bowl games for their new jobs. Why shouldn’t players do the same?

Yes they (coaches) do always leave. The Three Reasons for all the Who Cares Bowls are:
        ESPN needs live sports programming over the holidays.
        Every Power Five FB coach has a “bowl bonus” in his contract
        17 y/o semi-literate recruit think Christmas In Shreveport sounds neat… plus they want free headphones.

• Jon Sasser Reply

BL, Here’s a little Zsa Zsa trivia for you. Her ninth (no, eighth, as one marriage got annulled for overlapping a previous one) husband, Frédéric Prinz von Anhalt, adopted at least ten adult males. This entitled his “sons” to use the surname “Prinz von Anhalt,” apparently of value in some circles. After the death of Anna Nicole Smith, he claimed to be the father of her daughter, Dannielynn – which did not work out. He also ran for Governor of California against Arnold.

Jon, your in-depth knowledge of Gabor-Lore frightens me a little.

• Zoot Reply

From what I am hearing about “GropherGate” is akin to the Kobe Bryant Denver Affair/Rape. Not to be crude, but she consented to the first 7 inches, it was the last 3 inches that was rape. Evidently “The Grophed,” had 2-3 guys she wanted to “notch on her belt.” But since we are tossing about 70 references. “They told two friends, and they told two friends, and they told two friends…”

Imagine explaining all this to little Minnesota fans ????

• Zoot Reply

But, even if she enjoyed the “Buffet,” no still means no.

I agree …. sort of.

• JD Reply

Any truth to the rumor that Kenneth Wainstein will lead an investigation into the Electoral College? I heard that Julius Nyang’oro and Deborah Crowder were faithless Hillary electors that voted for Carol Folt. To make matters worse they wrote their votes in Swahili. Holden Thorp should demand a full recount at once!!!

Holden has his own issues. Suggest you contact John Blake. Good luck finding him.

• Former96Heel Reply

If Black Santa doesn’t show up as Lane Kiffin’s recruiting coordinator, then maybe he will be a silent consultant for the Butcher. There’s no way he can stay away from that slow-mo trainwreck in South Florida.. It would be like Batman not responding to the spotlight in the sky.

In-state recruiting in Florida (with all the high-profile Big Names) is going to be a bloodbath. Its going to take a lot more than a “surf & turf and two blond cheerleaders” to sign a 5-star from now on. … Richt, Butcher, Jimbo, Lane, Strong, McElwain …. YEEE HAA!

• MAPackfan Reply

Any subliminal references intended with the “Zsa Zsa” and “Gangbang” words in the same headline???

Are you trying to drum up readers from past decades? 🙂

After trying to spoil the inauguration I wouldn’t be surprised if the next tactic will be to move on the US Congress to do some hooting and hating. There is a blueprint for that you know. The R&D phase has been fully tested and should be ready to roll out nationally. I don’t want to be right and wonder if the Capitol Police are ready for that. I’m sure the media guys are giddy at the prospect.

They won’t stop for 4 / 8 years.

Zaza, Eva, etc. They do blur. RIP like Jayne Mansfield, Marilyn, Mamie, etc. Good point on Edie’s CoStar.

As to the SSA FB player. I guess we not hear the TEAM BS from him. I’M on the other side here. You were paid, you play. He reminds me of all the HRC supporters that wanted Trump to accept the outcome…..But rioted, wrote the electors, stalked them. They SHOULD have been abused children as in disciplined for disruptive behavior in a restaurant.

Golpher TRAINING. Those boys folded quicker than Obama and is red line in Syria. The PC crowd celebrated. The boosters are fuming. No offense to the young lady who was buying whatever the team was selling. I think they should have videoed each segment and got her OK for each car of the TRAIN.

There was only one “Marilyn”.

• TheCowdog Reply

I can envision 4 players a year going the Bowl, bowout path. Remember, 99% of those guys need that final game to showcase.

Zsa Zsa was way cool…and kids in the spotlight (or not) have the right to refuse jumping on the, ahhh…train.

I always thought Eva was “cooler”. Not sure why.

• TheCowdog Reply

No, my friend. Eva was hotter. 🙂

I envied Eddie Albert…. hubba hubba!!!

• Babs.N.Derm Reply

Here’s the deal about these so-called “gang bangs”. I don’t doubt that they may happen, especially in today’s culture, but I am quite done with men getting blamed for everything, including something as innocent as looking at a female the wrong way. If young women put themselves in a position to be taken advantage of (becoming inebriated) while partying with the boys, then who is at fault? I say both parties. We partied plenty when I was in school, and I never heard of an instance where a female was “taken advantage of”. We partied with athletes, frat guys, dental students, you name it! I have to wonder how much of this crap is made up.

No easy answer to this. Obviously there are cases whether “He Said” IS what happened and others where “She Said” was the correct scenario. In a group situation like this and Duke Lacrosse it gets even more complicated. When administrations such as UNCCH have pre-set mindset “against males” the danger of getting it wrong is magnified.

• Colonel Batguano Reply

Where does the “sitting out a meaningless game” thing end BL? I mean, once a player is a sure-fire high draft pick, aren’t all games (including championship ones) meaningless to him? Why is it “OK” to sit out the Sun Bowl but not the Rose Bowl? Don’t they pose the same risk? When will players (who will no doubt be getting bad advice from their agents/”handlers”) start sitting out regular season games/seasons for the same reason? Where does that behavior start to get into “not complying with terms of the scholarship” territory? I’ll hang up and listen.

I see all sides to this but since I think 90% of bowls are simply for coaches bonuses and some cheap swag, I honestly don’t care. … Would McCaffrey “do this” if it was The Rose Bowl or certainly a Final Four? No, of course not… but it isn’t. As for discontinuing his “scholarship” I doubt that is an issue at all. The player likely has no intention of staying in school.

• Colonel Batguano Reply

I don’t care about the crap bowls either (all but ~6), but I could see this bleeding into the regular season, if it hasn’t already.

I suppose that is possible. A situation with a late-season injury and whether or not to play / no play if the final few regular season games are meaningless ??

• BOG Guy

Thank God there is still some honor in the college ranks. From a recent story about Wolfpack running back (and probable future pro footballer) Matt Dayes:

And while the thought of joining other college running backs like LSU’s Leonard Fournette and Stanford’s Christian McCaffrey in skipping their respective bowls to concentrate on training for the NFL admittedly may have crossed Dayes’ mind, he could not see himself doing anything less than helping his Wolfpack brothers.

“I don’t think I could go out like that,” Dayes said.

For the sake of bipartisan ship, it is my distinct feeling that Trubisky will feel the same way. I hope so. Football players owe their success to their teammates as much as to their individual talents, and while I will not criticize someone for making a business decision to skip a “meaningless bowl game” to prepare for the NFL, I will surely go out of my way to praise those who honor their teammates by standing with them.

Trubisky has said he will not decide on leaving until AFTER “the meaningless Sun Bowl”. Based on their recent Top Ten successes, I bet Stanford really consider The Sun Bowl to be “a participation trophy”.

• Fred.J.P Reply

“…eight of her husbands and both of her legs preceded her in death.” OH MY! I would hope that will be noted in Zsa Zsa formal eulogy. How many people since the dawn of time can lay claim to THAT?

None that I am aware of. Perhaps some Mormon with acute diabetes but other than that ???

It’s clear. Christian didn’t want to face the guru. ?

Who can blame him? … He saw how The Guru’s guys manhandled the Wuffs. ?