Blondie:. Maybe “a new Peace Corp” for mis-educated Millennials ?

Blondie
    November03/ 2017

My Idea for a New Peace Corp for Millennials

BLONDIE LOGO

I propose reviving and altering the old Kennedy Peace Corp program.

It will be mandatory for all college grads to take six months to live in Venezuela, North Korea, China, Cuba, Russia, Saudi Arabia.

If they survive the six months and are not jailed for life, I have a feeling they will be more appreciative of the freedoms afforded them thru our constitution and capitalism. It will be the best education we could ever give them. It could change the current trajectory of America like nothing else will.

BlondieI know this approach works. I spent a few months traveling around Peru when I was just a dumb college kid. When my plane landed, I kneeled on the tarmac and kissed the ground. Really. I did. (Back in the days when you did not de-board via a jet way.) I was so happy to be back in a country that had pretty much mastered the concept of flushing toilets! Among other things.

This whole story is a testament to the horrible state of public education in America.

Nearly 1 In 5 Millennials Consider Joseph Stalin And Kim Jong Un ‘Heroes’

Nearly 1 In 5 Millennials Consider Joseph Stalin And Kim Jong Un ‘Heroes’

The Daily Caller—-Nearly one in five millennials consider Joseph Stalin and Kim Jong Un “heroes,” according to a Thursday poll.

The poll demonstrated an increase in acceptance of socialism and communism among American millennials and was released by the Victims of Communism Memorial Fund.

One-half of millennials and one-third of Americans would prefer to reside in a socialist or communist nation instead of a capitalist democracy, according to the poll.

“One in five (23%) of Americans age 21-29 consider Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin a ‘hero’; 26% for Vladimir Lenin; 23% for Kim Jong Un,” the study notes. Furthermore, over one-fifth of millennials surveyed had a positive opinion of Karl Marx.

“Millennials are increasingly turning away from capitalism and toward socialism and even communism as a viable alternative,” said Marion Smith, Victims of Communism’s executive director, in the press release obtained by The Daily Caller News Foundation.

“This troubling turn highlights widespread historical illiteracy in American society regarding socialism and the systemic failure of our education system to teach students about the genocide, destruction, and misery caused by communism since the Bolshevik Revolution one hundred years ago.”

The study also found that 71 percent of millennials could not pinpoint communism’s definition and four-fifths of the generation did not know how many lives were lost as a result of the ideology.

READ MORE…

CHECK OUT:  NCNewsAndViews.com

More Of:  So The Blonde Said… – LINK

”           BobLee… -LINK

”           AgentPierce… – LINK

Blondie
    • RAZ Reply

Even before reading this I have said for the last 10 years that all 18-19 year old men should,,……should have to work on a small farm , where you work and not watch the machines work for at least one growing season. Let them get up and milk cows at 4am,pick crops 12 hrs a day, etc, etc, etc. then repay them with a year of free college. They would look at life much different then

• BobH Reply

Your point is well take, but I disagree that it should await completion of college. It should be required of all hale and hearty high school graduates, and the term should be at least a year, 2 would be better. Call it mandatory national service or whatever you want. Organize along the lines of military training and management with odious penalties for not participating willingly and with some level of zeal.

By having experienced living away from mommy and daddy before going to college, these young folks will mature at a rate similar to that experienced by the teenagers who fought and died during WWII. When they return, they will be in a much better position to enter college or to choose a different path in life. I’ve lived 7-1/2 decades and seen the number of college graduates rise but have little to or no salubrious effect on our society. How many sociology degrees do we need? This will reduce pressure on colleges and universities to hire marginally competent teachers. I will reduce the demand for PELL grants and student loans which, by the way, have made higher education more expensive and less valuable at the same time.

Send these kids out far from home giving them direction, discipline and purpose and they will return matured, motivated and immune – or damned near it – to the liberal dogma espoused by those who have never worked hard or lived at the mercy of the economy. You will soon see those institutions who hire them shed them as naturally as a copperhead sheds its skin as it grows. You are very likely to see enrollments at those institutions decline forcing them to compete with talented teachers and lower tuitions and fees. I matriculated at UNCCH in 1960. My tuition and fees for the first 2 semesters totaled $253. I lived at home and commuted to classes and worked every day and many nights to pay for it. Those institutions have made that experience impossible for those who are motivated to learn and capable of it by raising costs because they have federal funds assuring that they cannot fail. Couple that with the fallacy that higher education is a right – instead of an earned privilege – and make formerly functional institutions dysfunctional at the very least and dangerous breeding grounds for corrupted thought and attacks on true rights – like freedom of speech – at worst. BL has pontificated on TGU but the worse problem has been the retrograde direction of a once great university system. I am no longer proud of my very hard won UNC degree.

• BobH Reply

Sorry for the typos above. I wish BL et al would provide the ability to preview and edit before hitting the ‘send’ key; or, failing that, to provide an edit function after sending. Others do it. It shouldn’t be too hard for any capable html coder. (I was an IT puke for 40 years and even now write code and build web sites.)

• Former96Heel Reply

Amen, BOBH. Even though I was a generation behind you, tuition was just $600 per semester in 1992. Books were almost as much. It took me a year to realize I could photocopy most of the texts I needed for far less at the library. Those prices made it within reach to work hard and pay as you go, instead of starting adulthood in debt slavery. We have seen the upward exponential curve in both University pricing, and the worthless output that comes from the University today. They are very related. Cut the beast that drives the pricing (Federally guaranteed loans) and some semblance of market pressure would return to model.
          When in school, I felt like a minority: a level-headed, basically non-political student who held two jobs while in school to pay for housing and tuition. Today, I may be completely excluded from entry as a brain-washed middle-income, middle-American with aspirations of leading a normal non-activist life with a paying job post-graduation. When I see survey results like those above, I realize this has been a deliberate multi-generation effort to completely brainwash Americans and revise history. We are witnessing the American version of the Cultural Revolution.

• BobH Reply

And I thought I was the only one who could see that the emperor is wearing no clothes. It’s good to hear that another highly motivated and personally responsible graduate from UNCCH sees the same.

When I was there those many years ago, it was not impossible to find libertarian and conservative professors. I wonder if it is possible to do so today?

• DM Carpenter Reply

Yes, they HARRUMPH Capitalism on their latest and greatest phone/tablet, while drinking a $10 cup of soy flavored mud, and wearing current fashion, which seems to be paying extra for some slave laborer in the Far East to wear holes in your britches, so you do not need to trouble yourself with the wear out process.