Where is BobLee ???

Flu
    January09/ 2019

BLSays logo

Where is BobLee??….

It occurred to me this AM as I struggled to go boldly into one more new day that the last you heard from me was that I was going to have lunch with The Judge – Bob Orr.  Since then NaDa…  that was two weeks ago.   Lord knows the dire thoughts likely racing thru your mind.  No telling what those Radical TrumpHaters are capable of…

What’s a BOLO and how does one send out one?

The Judge and  I had a most fine chat… two hours at Firebird’s in North Hills.  During those two hours there was never more than a three minutes lag when one or both of us were not laughing.  The Beretta I had taped to the toilet “just in case” is probably still there.  The serial # is filed off so feel fee to use it if need-be.  Just leave it loaded for the next guy…

You may also recall that The Dynamic Duo – “Twinkle & Scooter” – were making their initial visit to “where mom grew up”.  That also went gloriously last week.  Ruthie, Scout, Kid and Danny are all safely back in Madison, Wisconsin wherever the hell that is.

Something or other happened to The Legend of Nick… and concurrently to The Legend of Dabo.  Team Doeren finished in 2nd place in their bowl game… and Team KK likewise finished 2nd to Roy in his annual visit to PNC.

Robert Mueller has probably opened an investigation of Mack Brown 2.0 “just because”.

“Fred” (of “Fred & Ethel” fame) tells me the “long knives” are out for DD with much discontent among WPC bunch.  Which, based on Fred’s track record, means he (DD) is due for an extension.

Blah Blah Yadda Yadda… I get a Monster Cold about every two years.  So the Good News is I’m not due another one until Jan 2021… ’cause I sure have one now.

I wonder in my delirium if Bryce Harper and Manny Machado will have signed before I am feeling this miserable again.

THAT Friends and Neighbors is “where I’ve been” since last we convened here.  Like a modern day Leonidas at Thermopylae Leonidasholding back 10,000 quite evil cold germs armed only with endless boxes of Kleenex and more drugs than Pablo Escobar could move across the border in a year.

Leonidas had 299 Spartan warriors with him.  I have Doctor Blondie.  ADVANTAGE – ME!

I was doing OK through endless cycles of “runny nose” / “congestion” / “runny nose” / “congestion” / sinus headaches et all … UNTIL two days ago when – during a coughing fit – I’m pretty sure I pulled all the cartilage lose from my rib cage.   Not just “some” but “all”.   So since then, every cough or sneeze has been akin to being hit in the side with a sledgehammer.

Baby Scout

I googled “hurt ribcage while coughing”.  It’s not uncommon.  The normal recovery time is 3-5 weeks.  Oh Great!

Baby Scout does her impression of “GrandDaddy has a bad cold…”

Speaking of sneezing… when you get “the hiccups” and they last even a few minutes don’t you think about those cases you read about where a guy hiccups for three years?  I usually sneeze in 2s… maybe 3s.  On two occasions during this ordeal I have had marathon sneezing jags of a dozen or more “rattle the windows” sneezes about 5 seconds apart…  By the 5th or 6th one you are trying to yell a profanity between them but they are coming too fast.   That analogy to Leonidas starts to make sense now… huh?

Anyhoooo.  That where I’ve been.  Thats what I’ve been up to.

WHEN – not IF –  I emerge from this glorious mess, I will tell you what to think about Nick and Dabo and “The Bowls” and all that other irrelevant crap.

No, I will NOT be able to tell you a single word that Imagine Dragons “sang” (??) at halftime of Nick V Dabo.   That made me realize my plight could be worse if I had to listen to that crap 24/7.

##

• Mike Reply

Glad to hear you’re recovering. Was waiting to hear your take on stoopid racist remarks from the right (king) were giving socialist aoc on the left more air time.

99% “normal” …. AOC is a phenomenon that characterizes the Lunacy of These Times We Live In …

• Former96Heel Reply

A question to ponder, who is more miserable?
      BobLee with the crud?
      Any lib in California living through these four years? (Or an MSNBC anchor, take your pick)
      The Bama fans who think now is the time to fire Saban, since Dabo obviously has earned the right to succeed him, but only if he brings Venables with him.
      The good news is, you will improve, the other two are lost causes.

HAA! As I am already in “rebound mode”, you are correct. I could not resist catching Paul Finebaum’s show on Tuesday. The “Fire Saban / Hire Dabo” faction was still in shock but will certainly emerge very soon… as sure as God made little green apples…

• Fayettewuf Reply

The bug you are entertaining is something else. I hope that I am on the downside. It pretty much took over my Christmas vacation. The sore diaphragm you wrote of is definitely no fun. The worst part might have been that it sapped energy completely. What happened to those 48-72 hour viruses we remember fondly? Anyway, feel better.

Yep… those are my symptoms. Luckily the babies were not exposed. Yes… I always counted on either 3-days or 72 hours duration regardless of what you “took” or how much OJ you drank. I THINK I’m improving…

• Ron Zwart Reply

Was worried about you and AP…….. Glad your fine but am starting to wonder if AP has passed on and I am last the last to know

EXCELLENT Question. AgentPierce is pondering where his rightful place is in the Cosmos… activist on the front lines OR behind the scenes black ops guy. Hopefully he receives divine inspiration soon. My heavy involvement in the TwitterVerse has impacted his role somewhat.

The lovely and talented MamaMel has THAT cold too but luckily no rib damage. She’s improving slowly as my doctor skills are limited to fetching and retrieving. Probably caught it from our little gd’s teen snot that she tended to during during a weekend visit to the hinterlands down east. I know enough to avoid anything resembling a color usually not commonly observed in nature.

That Dabo-Nick beatdown on the left coast was epic. Not shocked that Clemson won but very surprised at how it transpired. The last time Alabama was spanked that bad was in 1963 when George Wallace surrendered to Nicholas Katzenbach and the National Guard at Foster Auditorium in Tuscaloosa.

NOOOO! Not a Nicholas Katzenbach comparison !!!

• Dave Hintz Reply

Why do we have to endure crappy pop “singers” at halftime for BIG games? Monday’s was the worse. Like finger nails on chalk board. Thank goodness for mobile devices as detraction from the big screen.

The weird little “Hamburglar” creature was interesting. Marketing companies that choose 1/2-time entertainment for Big Games stopped asking my opinion after Super Bowl III. After “Up With People” nothing could compare…

• 58 Wolf Kennel Reply

BobLee, so sorry to hear of your snotty nose and chest maladies. I only sneeze five times on cue.
      Will you be well enough to frequent George Whitfield’s induction of my sister?
      I’ve figured out four of those to be inducted including one who could use Judge Bob Or as a counterweight :>))

Not worried about Doeren or KK. Both solid coaches/people who have the programs on the rise for the long term. Not up to Dabo/Roy/K’s speed yet, but there is more than hope. Wish you could have seen many of the signs made up for the State/UNC-CH game last night. They rivaled some of the Duke fans in originality and targets.

Get Well !!

I will know more tomorrow. Will let you know 24 hours out.
        “Fred’s” sources on “what going on over at State” are dubious at best.

• Dr.T Reply

3-5 weeks if you’re lucky! Soory

I was going to ask you if anyone has ever died from a cough > rib > lung puncture; but I was not in any shape to deal with The Truth!