ALL ABOARD The Mack2.0 Bandwagon …. and Bubba to SoCal?

Bandwagon
    September09/ 2019

BLSays LOGO

ALL ABOARD The Mack2.0 Bandwagon… & Bubba to SoCal ???

I think its great that Mack2.0 is off to a rousing 2-0 start.  Absolutely NO ONE predicted this so CHAOS rules among Tru-Blues AND Hated Rivals fan bases.  I love CHAOS!  Mack did it versus two Power5 programs that were predicted to “not suck”.

Will a 3rd W this weekend at BBT Field @ Groves Stadium @ NOT Dixie Classic Fairgrounds have TruBlues in a conga line down historic Franklin Street celebrating the long-awaited SLEEPING GIANT AWAKES ?  Sure, why not…

***

BREAKING NEWS:  Before we get deeper into Mack2.0… Way Out Yonder in The Land of Fruits & Nuts & Really Rabid Trump-Haters, our old friend (?) Carol “Chihuahua” Folt is looking for an AthleticsDirector at her college – Southern Cal.  Bubba Cunningham

Lynn Swann just “resigned” (wink) and apparently there are no other “former Southern Cal Football Heroes” interested in the job.   Pat Haden and Mike Garrett preceded Swann not very well.

The first report of Swann’s departure links UNC’s BubbaTheRealAD as Choice #1 for the gig… Bubba would be Choice #1 for A LOT of Big Time AD gigs.

I do NOT see it happening.  Bubba has turned down two Top Jobs w/ Big $$$ – Florida and UTenn so I can’t see $$$ motivating him to jump into that dumpster fire.  Chapel Hill IS a municipal insane asylum but LA is much more insanier with worsier taxes and traffic.  But just the speculation will stir up the locals.

***

Even the most delusional TruBlues were predicting maybe 4 Ws in Year One of Mack2.0 with those coming from Mercer, maybe AppState, and – If There IS A God – at least State and/or Duke.   So Mack is playing with “house money” for a few weeks.

The current euphoria could, of course, diminish just a tad if “Deacon Dave” whups Mack like he whupped DDoeren and Duke Dave recently.

Is it just me… does playing “BIG FOUR” MEMBER Wake Forest NOT get TruBlues too motivated these days.  Not to the OMG WE GOTTA WIN level of playing State and Duke.  Larry Fedora (and Herb Sendak) never understood that fervor.

HISTORICAL NOTE:  Yours truly FIRST suggested on this website the concept of UNC playing WFU (and State v Duke) as Non-Conference games in order to rekindle old rivalries several months BEFORE it was decided to do so.  THAT’s a Fact.

How will the next 10 games go for Mack2.0?  He just lost a key defensive back for the year.  He can’t afford to lose too many.  Larry didn’t leave the cupboard overflowing with Power5 talent.  If Team Mack can stay healthy… and their confidence keeps rising… well, ya never know.

Come December 1st… ALL that will REALLY matter is Did Mack Beat State… and Duke?  Thats all that ever REALLY matters around these parts.

A shout out to the forever-maligned UNC Football Faithful who DID show up early and did the Hootin & Hollerin that Mack asked them to.   FWIW… No reports of drunken debauchery from BEER IN KENAN… thats good.  Oh and UNC lit up Their Bell Tower… Geeeee, wonder where they got THAT idea?

Meanwhile over at “The Cradle of NFL QBs” … AKA NC State, they are 2-0 whuppin up on local directional schools.   A trip up to “The sofa-burning capital of Appalachia” Morgantown WV awaits The Pack.

Theres More

Did you see the report about NBA Superstar Kawhi Leonard’s sister?  YOWSA… seems she killed an 84 y/o lady in the restroom of a casino in Temecula CA by crushing her skull against a lavatory.  Kawhi, of course, is the latest NBA GOAT Du Jour.

LINK ….

Did I mention that Kawhi Leonard’s Killer Sister is 6’2″ and 320 lbsA BIG-UN! …with former arrests for Grand TheftAuto and a bunch of other gangsta crap.  – 6’2″ / 320 lbs – crushing a 84 y/o lady’s skull in a casino restroom.  NOT a story one reads every day…  huh?

Theres More

As you guys know… I do not follow the NFL… haven’t for several years now.  But I do see “interesting stories” that makes the top of major sports websites.

Malcontented WR Antonio Brown got hisself fired from The Raiders for calling the white GM “a cracker” and then signed with The Patriots … huuummm.Cam Newton

Then there was Cam Newton’s latest fashion statement after the Panthers loss.  Johnny Unitas, YA Tittle, Bart Starr and even Kenny “The Snake” Stabler or “Broadway Joe” Namath never showed up quite LIKE THAT!  OK, Joe did wear a full-length mink coat once.   Cam’s outfit was a bit much for Elton John…

Me and The NFL have drifted far apart culturally speaking.  Both of us are getting along just fine without one another.

Theres More

Check out a website called MasterClass.com … LINK …. it’s a series of on-line classes about “stuff” you might want to learn about taught by celebrities who really know how to do the stuff. Very Very well-done presentations. … Famous Chefs… Famous Writers … Movie Producers … all kinds of stuff.

One of the classes is 16 sessions about cooking Texas-style BBQ taught by Aaron Franklin of Austin’s world famous Franklin BBQ.   I bought that one for son-in-law Pastor Danny,  He LOVES IT.

Kid was so impressed by it… that I bought them an ALL ACCESS PASS so they can take All 30+ classes.  Really cool stuff … Check It Out!

OK… gotta run.  Be back soon ….

A Lot More BobLeeSays Columns … LINK

• DM Carpenter Reply
      4 weeks ago

Earlier today, a friend sent me a copy of the 20 Sept article, written by your buddy Chansky. Man, his sports insights are as sharp as his political. Then, in his 22 Sept article, he referred to App as the “Mounties”. Does he always put that degree of painstaking research into all of his opinions? If so, I now understand them, much better.

4 weeks ago

“My Buddy Art” and I have not communicated in several years. Our respective political positions don’t lend themselves to polite conversation PLUS my estrangement from UNCCH could be a mitigating factor. He has his audience… and I have mine.

• CPR/CNR Reply
      1 month ago

Just because this old coot rarely comments doesn’t mean I fail to read each of your articles enthusiastically. The commenters add so much to the pleasure of the read.

The two most recent BLS mailings embrace several prominent milestones of my life: Mack Brown, Lee Corso, BK, USC, beer at games, narcissistic personality disorders compared to narcissism, BK and Brooklyn, Cardinals, Herbie, board monkeys spewing hate as well as displaying a lack of intelligence, cloning, and Saints/Texan game.

Our home could use a revolving door for the past month, culminating with the hullabaloo of the recent weekend. You would have appreciated it much, especially if we had a screen door as did the Detmers.

Grandchildren and great-grandchildren have visited on their way to the four winds, seven seas, and four continents in search of knowledge. Ben, my great-grandson, is off to the most exceptional school of them all, my favorite Alma Mater, the USMC Recruit Depot San Diego.

1 month ago

ALWAYS a treat dear friend…
        My recent BLSays infrequencies do not reflect my inactivity either. I am quite the aggressive FB and Twitter combatant. That Western Civilization has not totally dissolved into a puddle of goo… is due largely to my efforts! 🙂

• RAZ Reply

The Mack2.0 Bandwagon might have lost a wheel last night

1 month ago

Not surprising as WFU may well be “the Mythical State Champion” as they have now beaten all three area Hated Rivals in a row.
        That the game was not a blow-out for WFU as it seemed headed for in the first half is a positive take-away for Mack20.
        Will Kenan be Krazy next Saturday or return to its more somnambulant state?.

• JD Reply
      1 month ago

Cam Newton spends more time on his latest clown looking outfit than he does studying game film.

1 month ago

Interesting timing for this question. I haven’t watched their games but I do see reports of Cam Newton’s post-game “shows”. He (CN) represents one of the various reasons I have no interest in The NFL… he, Antonio Brown, et al.
        I was sitting here considering contacting an old friend in Charlotte who has had Panther season tickets for many years. He is “old-school” in his sports opinions. Curious how he ponders “Cam Newton” as the Face of his home town team ???

BL,
      YES….BL….my Woofie friends are commenting on the UNC resurgence… Obviously not positively. Comments about Gifts (Miami gifted) and such. I did figure it out….here goes…

According to reliable sources, the Rams Club partnered with Techno Union. They then “Cloned” Commissioner Swofford and Coach Mack Brown. In a masterful plot, the REAL Commissioner and REAL Coach were kidnapped and the clones took their places. The clones have the outward appearance of the decrepid two REAL persons, but they have the zest and vigor and libido of a 20 year old. That is why the wives, who finally figured it out, are keeping quiet. No more EDS and such….and no more of those expensive “Blue” pills.

After testing, then then they proceeded to work on Battle Droids. Obviously Backtoid Combat Automata was involved. They have now began a program to provide cloned FB players in key positions. When a local all star expresses interest in UNC, then the operatives kidnap him and substitute the clone for the acclaimed HS recruit. Therefore, the clone will get passing grades. it is rumored that the Clone’s “Learning Center” is being controlled and assisted by the newly acquired Techno Union division…. Uncle Julius’ KEEP ‘EM ELIGIBLE. Therefore there will be no need for any special assistance once they migrate to UNC-CH.

PERFECT PLAN…..quality planning….unlimited resources…..spectacular results. Should the UNC Clone team find any REAL competition, the Commissioner Swofford, who commands the “War Room for Instant Replays” can easily keep the droids on the winning side of controversial calls.

SO….if the Mack Brown TRAIN 2.0 is successful, then we ALL know what happened. Word is that the Techno Wizards at PackPride are feverously trying to hack the BT signals and then control the outcome.

If that sounds far fetched….then let me tell you a bedtime story about a stupid politician who tried to buy a dosier on her opponent….and it went downhill (for him) from there….but the GOOD side of the FORCE prevailed…. Word is that the Dark Side of the FORCE will hold public debates tonight to see if a new leader can then take on the President.

I realize that even my buddy, the Navajo Code Talker, Clint, would have difficulty with the above. However, back in the real world…..at church a few weeks ago, I happened to notice that there were FOUR native American translations in the Methodist hymnal of “Amazing Grace”. The Navajo one looked like a monkey typed it….and the rest weren’t far behind. I NOW fully understand HOW the Navajo Code Talkers were able to keep the Japanese confused…..

Wonder which brother will prevail this weekend when the “no for keeps” UNC v WF game is over….

Huh!

• Former96Heel Reply
      1 month ago

With how high coaches salaries are, I’m almost surprised a Power 5 AD “only” makes just north of $1million. I can’t believe I just typed that, but if coordinators are worth more than that, the person in charge of making all the money work for the whole program and making sure you have the right Head Coaches in place certainly should. In corporate world, you have ownership you can vest out to important leaders. In Academia, I’m not sure what other non-salary comp they can use that the next school can’t match.
      In a perfect world, this is only a part of the school in name only, and the conference would be a private company who could dish out stock. Just an odd position to ponder. Not knowing much about him, I would think extinguishing the dumpster fire over there is a lifetime achievement, and not something one wants to relive every 10 years.
      Side question: How did they manage to get seats in Kenan? The concrete/bleacher combo didn’t leave much knee room. I know they sacrificed capacity in width, which isn’t a problem, but the front back depth makes me wonder if this is worse than sitting coach on a budget airline, or did they get a good State engineer to figure it out for them?

1 month ago

I’ve long imagined the Ultimate Solutions is FB / MBB college teams owned by Boosters who rent the campus facilities and naming rights. Academics would be optional in lieu of player salary or a portion of. Basically a minor league for NFL / NBA using existing campus facilities. Who “owns the team” is of no concern to fans who cheer for a jersey regardless… for, of course, GOTCHA Bragging Rights over neighbors / co-workers.
        The issue of fitting the stadium seats into the fixed concrete row dimensions puzzled me too. Yes, they sacrificed width of rows but the front/back limitations ??? It worked out somehow !!!

• Tom D. Reply
      1 month ago

I am a little less sanguine about keeping Bubba out of USC. I doubt that Ms. Folt suddenly canned Mr. Swann without having some handle on a replacement. I don’t know what USC would be prepared to pay Bubba, but there is some price that he will be insane not to accept.

1 month ago

According to “reports”, Lynn Swann was not putting much effort into the job. His abrupt departure in mid-Sept seems drastic. I just don’t see Bubba leaving right now. The UTenn offer he turned down two years ago was in the $1.5M range. Florida was about the same. With bonuses he is a tad over $1M now. … He (and his wife, I believe) are East Coasters. He grew up in Florida. Their kids are all out or almost out of college I THINK.
        I’ve always kidded him that PGA Tour Commissioner should be his destiny. All kidding aside, Chapel Hill is truly a very strange place BUT other than “INSANE” the quality of Life w/ his income is very very comfortable. He is NOT a $$$$-driven guy. No clue how close he and Chihuahua were / are. … We shall see …

• Robert Kennel Reply
      1 month ago

How about “brevity is the soul of wit”?
      I’m impressed with a rookie QB and a team that has pulled it out twice at the end.
      PS: If you don’t watch the NFL, you missed a great Saints game last night.😇

1 month ago

If Mack Brown was “your coach” you would like hm a lot. If Donald Trump was your …. OK, maybe not.
        Haven’t watch more than a passing glance at The NFL or NBA in three years. Probably missed a few great games. Life is all about Priorities.
        Mike Shildt being mentioned for MOTY if Cards win NLC. George Whitfield had the entry tunnel at Grainger Stadium named in his honor – George Whitfield Way – he threw out the first pitch at last Saturday’s Wood Ducks game … he BOUNCED IT!!!

1 month ago

Beating Clawson’s bunch down the street from Putter’s will not be as easy as some think. True story. My inside Tarheel source asked me on Sept 5th if football season had started. The last football game he attended or knows the status of was UNC vs Clemson in the ACC title game.
      Like many of the UNC faithful, he can reliably recite with 100% accuracy when midnight madness with Roy begins every season. It a luxury that Duke and UNC fans share that the other two area schools haven’t had in recent memory.

1 month ago

Deacon Dave has built a very solid program off the grid at “NOT Dixie” Classic Fairgrounds. I’m surprised WFU can still afford to keep him. Obviously a solid CEO and football mind to win 6-7-8 games with leftover recruits.
        I can not name a single “Roy Boy” and don’t much care that I can’t.

• Queen City Reply
      1 month ago

How quick things chance if you take into account FSU/Miami/VT all appear to be average at best..Maybe they need another locker room upgrade.

1 month ago

Or … a second IPF? Maybe add “a Life Coach” to the staff?

• ENC1 Reply
      1 month ago

Yes the bandwagon is packed over in Chapel Thrill and Mack has them playing with good enough win & with confidence….so kudos to Mack (I hope they/Duke doesn’t take my Blue Devil fan status away from me for giving props to our hated rival. Just for good measure ; GO DEACS!!!)
      BL if they beat the Dreanin Deacons Friday night they should be undefeated going into the Clemson game and they will need to add more bandwagons over at the University North of Carrboro!!!

1 month ago

I just LOVE IT when things DO NOT go like everyone thought they would… and this qualifies… so far.